Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Last Week on Earth

I'll keep a shotgun and chainsaw handy, just in case they've got their wires crossed and the Antichrist comes knocking instead.

I saw something like that on a bus billboard a few days ago. I guess I'll spend the next few days jabbing my arms with needles, snapping my fingers and avoiding creepy little girls with glowing eyes.

The derpness of the 2nd pic of the guy who predicted the date using 'evidence found in the Bible' (lol since faith is belief without evidence) is the only piece of data needed to 100% disprove it.

Even though there's no good reason to fear crackpot theories on predicted doomsday dates, there's probably good reason to fear crackpots on predicted doomsday dates.

Technician said:

The rapture is around the corner, bitches.

Man, religion, as you western people like to describe it,is fucking creepy. I don't want my soul to be raptured (or ripped) away like that, no matter what that word means. I just want to die when I'm due.

Aw Christ, I'm going to my cousin's graduation on the 21st. I really hope the world doesn't end while I'm packed in a gymnasium full of sweaty parents with videocameras and iphones. Maybe I'll go out in the woods and fire off a few shotgun shells after midnight to celebrate the fact that the world didn't end though.

Dates have been predicted before. Nothing happens. (Big surprise, a fictional story doesn't happen.)

Enjay said:

I've lost count of how many armageddons I have survived. :/

I'm young (born in 1993), and I've survived at least three, maybe four. If in 18 years one can survive four, maybe five in total (I'll be turning 18 after the date passes), I can only assume that the value is above 8.

I mentioned the idea of this to my friend, and we spent some time talking about it. He's a christian, but thought the idea was nuts. I remember last year, there were people going around stating the rapture was going to happen in 2010 (complete with the same "mathematical evidence", and well... that didn't happen

Assuming the Day of Judgement is almost upon us, what's the worst that could happen - apart from never knowing what IGN have planned for Doomworld? The lake of fire can't be that bad, otherwise people would have stopped sinning and disbelieving long ago.

What’s magic with these nut guys, is that they are always right:

• If the ArmA jedi happens or at least a weaker version, he has predicted it.
  • If shit happens, it is because he and his adepts prevented it.

I remember seeing the billboard outside the nearby church had a sign that said something like "Brunch on Sunday, End of the World May 21st". Yay, I have crazies within running distance.

It seems the only thing Evangelical Christians can do while they're not busy trying to push their picked-and-chosen beliefs onto everybody else is totally fail to grasp fundamental principles of their own religion:

• Matthew 24:36: But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
  • Matthew 24:42: Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
  • Natthew 25:13: Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
  • Mark 13:32-33: But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the son, but the Father. Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
  • Mark 13:35: Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
And of course, a stern warning to those self-proclaimed prophets who come up with this stuff:

Revelation 22:18-19
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book

These are the people that want to tell you what you can read, watch, learn, and fuck. Totally ignorant of anything, even the thing they claim to hold so dear.

If the world ends in 6 days and I go to hell I hope it's at least as cool as it is in doom...

DoomHero85 said:

I'll play Doom. Killing demons seems to be a very Christian thing to do, don't you think?

I remember when I was younger I asked my mom if she thought God played Doom. She never did like that question...

Well I hope this "lord" person has enough decency to wait until my evangelical pilot lands the plane before they drag him upstairs to eat caviar and play trumpets for eternity. And I'd hate to think of all the cars that will suddenly be left in the middle of the M4 without a driver in the front seat.

What an incompetent shithead.

Yes, I'm sure God played Doom while he was growing up. lol. But seriously, these people that believe this is gonna happen on Saturday are the same people that told us Harry Potter was evil etc... I don't think they have one logical brain cell in their heads.

Have you seen how this Harold Camping chap has come to the conclusion that the rapture is next week?

A commonly cited argument in favor of the May 21st date is:

1. According to Camping, the number five equals "atonement", the number ten equals "completeness", and the number seventeen equals "heaven".
2. Christ is said to have hung on the cross on April 1, 33 AD. The time between April 1, 33 AD and April 1, 2011 is 1,978 years.
3. If 1,978 is multiplied by 365.2422 days (the number of days in a solar year, not to be confused with the lunar year), the result is 722,449.
4. The time between April 1 and May 21 is 51 days.
5. 51 added to 722,449 is 722,500.
6. (5 × 10 × 17)2 or (atonement × completeness × heaven)2 also equals 722,500.

Thus, Camping concludes that 5 × 10 × 17 is telling us a "story from the time Christ made payment for our sins until we're completely saved."

Talk about selective reasoning.

It never ceases to amuse me, watching people making fun of extremist christians, sometimes derailing into grandiose rants about religion... Then hiding their tail behind their legs as soon as extremist islamists are concerned.

Anyway. By that I mean seeing internet tough guys acting tough is the only thing I'll get to see about this May 21 thing, because I don't live in the United States.

God addresses the issue of "Christian" false prophets:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
- Matthew 7:14, 15

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
- Matthew 7:22, 23
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There won't be roads strewn with abandoned cars or planes falling out of the sky (few there be that find it).

Also, the Rapture and the Apocolypse are two different events.