• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Last Week on Earth

valkiriforce said:

financial Armageddon.

when will it end??

I find it hard to believe there are people seriously getting worried about this, as far as to put up posters. Certainly no one where I am has heard of this particular doomsday date.

When shit like this happens its probably best to jump on the meme for profit and throw together some shitty book. Spend a half hour on the actual writing and 3 hours making the cover picture attractive and optimizing the title for SEO. Add some tshirts and maybe coffee mugs and you have yourself a nice little copyright free franchise, which is probably what fuels these stupid things in the first place.

I'm gonna loot me a space shuttle and bring all the kittens that can fit! We'll start a new life on Mars, just me and my furry empire...

Olympus said:

So if the world ends Saturday...damn, no Doom 4. :(

Fuck that. If the world ends, Duke Forever wins.

Wouldn't it be better if all these people that believe this crap are the only ones to get sucked into oblivion on Saturday leaving the rest of us to our peaceful dooming?

Hey, if the rapture is true, I'd gladly watch the Evangelical Christians ascend into heaven, leaving the Earth to the sound level headed atheists. We just need to find a way to eradicate Islam, then we can live in eternal peace.

hex11 said:

I'm gonna loot me a space shuttle and bring all the kittens that can fit! We'll start a new life on Mars, just me and my furry empire...

Won't work. Cats hate space shuttles.
EDIT: removed yt
...especially after being bounced off the wall!

Enjay said:

I've lost count of how many armageddons I have survived. :/

There seem to be one every week.

GreyGhost said:

Are there still any active forum members in New Zealand? Being amongst the first to greet the new day means they could provide a vital service for the rest of the community by acting as our early warning system on the 21st.

Andrewj/Ajapted is too, or at least in one of the countries in that time zone.

Looks like I chose a bad night to watch Frank Darabont's take on The Mist. I really didn't know what to fear more: The malevolent critters outside the grocery store or the all too perfectly fundamentalist Marcia Gay Harden. I won't be sleeping well tonight either way, that's for sure.

destx & Edward850 said:

We're still here.

Good! Still a couple of canaries in the cage and my plan's probably crazy enough to work.

Mr. Chris said:

Andrewj/Ajapted is too, or at least in one of the countries in that time zone.

I think Andrew's a Taswegian (one of my mob) but might have fled to the big island in search of work.

st.alfonzo said:

Looks like I chose a bad night to watch Frank Darabont's take on The Mist. I really didn't know what to fear more: The malevolent critters outside the grocery store or the all too perfectly fundamentalist Marcia Gay Harden. I won't be sleeping well tonight either way, that's for sure.

Great movie.

valkiriforce said:

When people stop making up excuses for quitting jobs and wasting money.

More like when people read my blogs.

Yes, I'm sure people reading your ridiculous blogs will fix the whole world and everything that's wrong with it. Oh wait, people already do(otherwise, there wouldn't be any replies on them, would there?). The world's still a shithole. Guess you're wrong.

On topic: crap theory for an end-of-the-world scenario, people go crazy and think it's real. How many times has this happened again?

Personally I'd say what ever wouldh appen if ever:

"Shake my hand or taste my modelling knife."

Not even humans are that stupid to not shake my hand, so would any angel, demon/devil or lord be that stupid?

I dont think so, therefore its all bullshit.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/18/tick-tock-goes-the-doomsday-clock/?hpt=C1

According to this article, this Rapture is supposed to last 5 months. So the world is going to end on October 21st. Also, I thought it was funny this one guy sold basically everything he has because he's not gonna need it anymore, so he claims.

EDIT: I should have finished reading it before I posted. It claims that there's going to be a massive earthquake starting at New Zealand, and a massive wave of destruction will be going westward and effecting everyone at 6 PM, local time.

Yeah, so I went into town today (Boston MA) and there were all these vans/trucks with that "May 21st is the End" crap painted on them, and they were blasting messages. What a waste of good paint.

Seeker_of_Truth said:

EDIT: I should have finished reading it before I posted. It claims that there's going to be a massive earthquake starting at New Zealand, and a massive wave of destruction will be going westward and effecting everyone at 6 PM, local time.

Looks like it pretty much coincides with my hypothesis of a wave of destruction that follows the setting sun, though the preceding paragraph makes me wonder if they've got the date wrong.

"He plans to spend the last days praying, up until the early hours of Saturday - when he’ll both pray and wait for 16 hours."

I'd expect an old school prophet of doom to base their predictions on the Jewish day (which starts at nightfall), in which case we should be preparing for the worst on Friday afternoon - BUT - if Family Radio followers expect to be raptured around sunset on Saturday (Civil day) it means the End of Days actually starts on Sunday the 22nd (Jewish day).

Have I just debunked this prophesy?

do the jews have any special event that day? or the muslims? or the hindu? or taoists? Budhists?