Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Your True Opinon On... (#2): Call of Duty

I believe I mentioned DS Black Ops in the first post. Interestingly though, MW DS weapon sprites, were, well yah... Sprites.Models were later used for World at War though and presumably Black Ops.

Foodles said:

I dont own any CoD games but I played MW2 at a friends house, was quite boring since everything looked the same in washed out, brown and grey colours.

This is funny to me. MW2 was the game in the series where they cranked up color saturation to near-Halo levels.

Then again, none of the CoD games are all that washed out if you aren't cranking up the brightness to ridiculous levels. (You know, what all the CoD commentators do while they're bitching about the games looking "bland and washed out".)

Clonehunter said:

Seriously?

seriously. I'm not sure why sprinting too soon after crouching warranted a ban, but apparently CoD fans consider it cheating if you "hard scope" i.e. look down your scope for like 5 seconds. From what I've understood so far most players expect you to only look down your scope for more than a couple of seconds if and only if you've got a clear shot of the target.

As for the K/D ratio thing, I think it's safe to say that it's the same situation as L4D. If you're not accurate enough or if you spend one too many ganmes with low k/d ratios, you get banned.

Xeros612 said:

Then again, none of the CoD games are all that washed out if you aren't cranking up the brightness to ridiculous levels. (You know, what all the CoD commentators do while they're bitching about the games looking "bland and washed out".)

You can have every color of the rainbow and the fuckers will still call it brown.

Clonehunter said:

Actually, I'm finding Jedi Outcast (2001 I think, after Q3A) to probably being the most recent game of fast intense action in a somehwta Doomy manner. THe levels aren't hugely linear, and there are some tough and large gun fights. My opinion maybe though.

Actually I just reinstalled it because of your post and have been playing for a couple of hours. I'm having more fun with it than I did at any point with Wolf 09, Singularity, Quake 4 or Crysis 2. The game had a few problems back then and it still does, but the level design and atmosphere is still leagues ahead of any other FPS I've played since then. Back then I didn't see it as a superfantastical sequel to Jedi Knight, but as an enjoyable game that worked for the most part. Scary. Far Cry 1 was good, but lacked interesting level design. Doom3 was unspectacular on most counts. Half-Life 2 had its moments, but was really really flawed. Crysis 1 was incredibly uninspired and a half-assed job.
It surprises me that this 2002 game (Jedi Outcast) is the best shooter post 2000 still :S
This is also a game that features none of the modern retarded crap. You have health, enemies are challengeing, you can carry all the weapons you want, there seem to be little to no stupid or contrived enemy encounters. The only thing that really bothers me is the awful small cinematics that occur every time you hit a switch.
Level design is a lost art.
^^^^All my own opinions of course.

Oh and it has amazing secrets ;)

I've played through the single player for most of them, which is usually pretty entertaining. The biggest problem I've had with their single player campaigns is the atrocious fake difficulty employed at higher difficulty levels. Increases the accuracy of enemy soldiers to a ridiculous degree, often nonsensically. In MW2, for example, when some Brazilian crime lord's lackeys (not even soldiers!) can headshot you from any distance with their AK-47s. What the hell is that? Some mighty tactical coke dealers, apparently.

Always fun playing multiplayer if you didn't start on the release day, too. Schlump around with your crappy iron sight generic starter gun, getting obliterated by a guy who's got the Heartbeat Monitor 9000 with Thermal Imaging Blahblahblah mounted on a gun he's inexplicably painted camouflage orange. Listening to his shrill diatribe about sexual deviance and your mother. So edgy.

Mr. T said:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9926/1193618380414he9.jpg

Evidently it's a fun an amusing game to piss around with console commands with. I'll give you that.

EDIT: 18fps, lol.