Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath666

vgmusic.com - 30k midi collection

DuckReconMajor said:

Is there any reason I should have these on my hard drive as opposed to just looking them up on the site? Is the site going somewhere?

AFAIK, not really, for any of those questions. I don't see the point when you can just go to the site.

Technician said:

Nothing I love more than hearing Master of Puppets or the Gundam theme while playing a wad.

you know if I were trent reznor and I heard all those NIN midis that doom wads used in the 90s, I'd sue just for those shitty midis.

GOD, they blew chunks. especially "Animal", which sounded NOTHING like the song it was supposed to represent.

Csonicgo said:

you know if I were trent reznor and I heard all those NIN midis that doom wads used in the 90s, I'd sue just for those shitty midis.

he'd rather die than give them control

Technician said:

Nothing I love more than hearing Master of Puppets or the Gundam theme while playing a wad.

Except that vgmusic.com is only covers of video game music. (I wouldn't doubt that they made a Gundam game, but my point still stands)

Vgmusic.com is mostly bad covers of videogame music. They still don't have any kind of rating system to filter out the shit.

DuckReconMajor said:

Is there any reason I should have these on my hard drive as opposed to just looking them up on the site? Is the site going somewhere?

If I'd asked myself that question before downloading 10k+ classical midis from a site that subsequently changed it's business model - I'd still be downloading, one at a bloody time. :(

Csonicgo said:

GOD, they blew chunks. especially "Animal", which sounded NOTHING like the song it was supposed to represent.

Funny - I'd heard most of those midi versions (used in Doom wads) before I listened to the original NIN songs, and was shocked by how much worse the NIN versions sounded. And that they had shitty lyrics - I'd presumed NIN was some awesome instrumentals-only band.

I'm in the same boat. Plenty of metal songs I enjoy as MIDIs and can't stand the real thing.

A couple midis based of other non midi video game songs sound better to me. Like that Sonic midi used in DBZone and Megalyth's birthday map. Or some of Daniel Genz's midis.

Though there are songs that I like probably because I heard the midi first, like (don't hurt me) Green Day's Brain Stew. I don't think the midi is any better, but I think I like the song more with the OMG InvasionUAC.

I'd rather make my own MIDI tracks, personally. Maybe use these as placeholder but I can usually cook something up for myself pretty quickly and more accurately than what these can provide.

All MIDI sites have that option, simply because the downloads are so small. That site has terrible design. Does have a nice collection at least.

Oh, nice! I have been using vgmusic for a very long time. I have probably listened all of the NES-category there, found many piano midis to play through Synthesia for learning, so it's really nice to have all of the midis in one zip... just in case of internet connection problems or vgmusic being unavailable. Thanks!

I'm kind of surprised that the entire site is only 30K when my MIDI folder currently sits at 600MB.

Yeah, a fair chunk of that was sourced from outside of VGMusic, but still... Even something as small as MIDI adds up.