Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang

About the [img] code in Doomworld's signature

Well, maybe this question is quite stupid.......

At the time when I just register, I hope to use a picture to be my signature. However I discovered that it's impossible because the [img] source code for signature is off. Well, I wonder if this code can be turned on or not..........

Agreed, apart from making pages look unnecessarily cluttered and busy (animated avatars are bad enough) the image signature feature seems to attract ad spammers like flies to fresh manure.

cmon guys, don't tell me you don't want to be constantly reminded what everyone's favourite my little pony is with superwide sig pics and funny/poetic/dreamy quotes!

GreyGhost said:

animated avatars are bad enough)

Says the one guy with the animated avatar that is always guaranteed to catch my attention and draw it away from the post. ;)

I've had signatures turned off for so long I forgot Doomworld even has them. I always get confused about what all that junk is when I see the forums without being logged in.

Enjay said:

Says the one guy with the animated avatar that is always guaranteed to catch my attention and draw it away from the post. ;)

That's nothing, the mighty morphing magic pony avatar will have you glued to your monitor while being fed via an intravenous drip. ;-)

Text sigs are enough, I don't like pages being boggled down by shitty image sigs.

Well, we could always be like this forum (see third pic for the prime example).

I haven't used a sig in so long, I don't even remember what mine is.

Danarchy said:

I haven't used a sig in so long, I don't even remember what mine is.

[Danarchy's sig said:[/i]
-D(A)N

Well it's not very memorable I guess.

Danarchy said:

Well that definitely beats out the worst I've ever seen. It was on a pixel art forum, guy had like 20 of those userbar things, the stat tracking thing for Xbox, a "now playing" thing for both games and music, plus some forum quotes for good measure.

Signatures suck. I've been on so many boards that had ridiculous animated signatures. It makes the whole board look amateur.

j4rio said:

attaching the exact same image after each post should do the trick

Actually, that would probably lead to the user getting banned. Manually forcing a "signature" to appear on a forum where they are disabled by default is not OK.

What. The. Fuck. That is one of the most disgusting, disturbing sites I've ever had the displeasure to know the existence of. For christ's sake, stereotypical furries and ponyfags aren't that needlessly open about their retarded fetishes.

Lizardcommando said:

Wow, that is truly frightening. Er, not just that shitty sig, but that whole website.

>Gather them all in the same place
>Flood it with poison gas, radiation, and/or any other deadly gaseous substances
>Free the world from a few morons.

Danarchy said:

wow, that's almost as retarded as chris-chan's saga.

I'd like to see the avatars size limit increase by ten pixels or so. They are microscopic on my resolution and very difficult to make.

My avatar has been described as the best ever.

Only thing I don't like about the non-clutteredness of the forums is that I've been registered for nine years, but still have the status of "forum regular." Not a big deal though, I don't want a fucking parade or something.

Maes said:

My avatar has been described as the best ever.

I filter it out using Adblock Plus.

This is one of the only forums that my computer takes <5 seconds to load each page. And I'd love to keep it that way.

So I disagree.

Going with the consensus on this one. These are the only forums I've posted on that make any sense to me in therms of what is and isn't allowed + non-clutteredness... Also, could you imagine the havoc it would wreak on the "Post your Doom image" forum? I shudder at the mere thought of it.

I've never been bothered by sig images.. because I typically disable sigs!

But this doesn't mean that I support them at all, or long sigs in general. They are people out there who like to enable sigs and the like, but don't want a ridiculous amount of clutter.

Grazza said:

I filter it out using Adblock Plus.

How do you know it's not e.g. a big logo in red letters saying "Grazza sucks?", then? :-p

(I always ask this question, with due variations, to anyone claiming he has blocked me in a way or the other. Like the guy who claimed he was ignoring my chat in BF1942 and I wrote "Ah, so it doesn't matter if I say that your mother sucks cocks?". Turned out he wasn't actually ignoring me ;-)

I'm glad that this site is missing advanced "personalization" options. You know, aforementioned "signatures", everyone's mini profile where you have to put quotes, your favorite pony, shiny grid, a picture of a cheap model edit of your MMO character, links to your sites, trainer card, etc. etc. Like really. If I wanted to know all that crap, I'd head over to the actual profile. But wait, there's more. What pisses me off to no end is "personalizing" each and every post you make with custom text size and/or color for the sake of people "recognizing" you. Yeah, such people I recognize as morons and put on my ignore list. DW is short, sweet and to the point. None of this squashed-page BS you see with every damn site nowadays. Being able to use your entire monitor is nice for a change.