Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > best bond movie / girl / gadget?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:57. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sleepy_boy
INCOMPREHENSIBLY DUMB

It's time for another movie poll!

What is everyone's favorite James Bond Movie?

Also...

Who is the best Bond Girl?

and...

What is your favorite Gadget from the movies?

Old Post 03-03-02 12:04 #
sleepy_boy is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

they all suck

Old Post 03-03-02 12:05 #
læmænt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

they all suck

No, you suck.

Anyway...

Best Bond Movie:
Goldfinger, because it is such a classic

Goldeneye, because it kicks ass (I actualy played the game before seeing the movie)

On Her Majestey's Secret Service, because it is kind of bizzare for a Bond movie:
1) Because the guy who played Bond was only in that one movie
2) He actualy gets married
3) The end is not very glorious...his wife gets killed
Also, Mike Meyers must have been watching this movie when he thought up the idea for Austin Powers...the bad guy (I think his name was Blokefield or something) looks Just like Dr. Evil, plus his henchwoman is very much like Frau Forbissina from Austin Powers, and he even has the fluffy white cat!
Plus, the movie was the origin of my favorite Bond music, On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Favorite Bond Girl:
Either Pussy Galore (Goldfinger) or Plenty O'Toole (Diamonds are Forever), because their names are so funny.

Favorite Bond Gadget:
The car from Tomorrow Never Dies, because any vehicle which you can drive from the back seat while dumping a trunkload of caltrops gets my vote.

Also, the 'Ghetto Blaster' from one of the 80s movies, because that was such a lame joke that it was funny.

And, Best Bond Quote Ever:
"Drinking <insert name of fancy alcoholic beverage here> at anything other than 12 degrees Celcius is like listining to The Beattles without earmuffs."

Riiight....

Old Post 03-03-02 18:06 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

Also, Mike Meyers must have been watching this movie when he thought up the idea for Austin Powers...the bad guy (I think his name was Blokefield or something) looks Just like Dr. Evil, plus his henchwoman is very much like Frau Forbissina from Austin Powers, and he even has the fluffy white cat!

Blofield (sp?) was in several bond movies and he was the inspiration for Dr. Evil.

Favorite Bond Girl:
Either Pussy Galore (Goldfinger)

That one was from Goldfinger? Hm, I'll have to watch it again.

Old Post 03-03-02 18:15 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy

Blofield (sp?) was in several bond movies and he was the inspiration for Dr. Evil.

Yeah, Blofield was his name. He was in several movies, but he had hair in all the other ones (I think).

That one was from Goldfinger? Hm, I'll have to watch it again.

Yeah, she was the chick that was on Goldfinger's side.

Old Post 03-03-02 18:31 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nxn
meephead

for best girl: the one in goldfinger
she's from my home country!!! bithc!!!

Old Post 03-03-02 19:11 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Bah, James Bond. I always saw his repertory of gadgets as some lame excuse to fill the gaps in the plot. Kinda like an overdone Batman.

Old Post 03-03-02 19:58 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nxn
meephead

treat it for what it is.

Old Post 03-03-02 20:08 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Crendowing
I've lost my unbanned status....I couldn't be happier :P

They're all based on novels, which are in turn based on Ian Flemming's real-life escapades.

Old Post 03-03-02 20:37 #
Crendowing is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

treat it for what it is.

That's illegal here, sorry.

Old Post 03-03-02 21:18 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sleepy_boy
INCOMPREHENSIBLY DUMB

They're all based on novels, which are in turn based on Ian Flemming's real-life escapades.

Ian Flemming also wrote "chitty chitty bang bang". Is this based on his real life escapades too?

and yes, Pussy Galore was from Goldfinger

Old Post 03-04-02 02:02 #
sleepy_boy is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nxn
meephead

PUSSY MMM

Old Post 03-04-02 02:59 #
pritch
Super Moderator

The best gadget would have to be the Aston MArtin DB6, what a car. Closely followed by the laser watch. Closely followed by the underwater Lotus Esprit, I think it was a Lotus.

Best Bond girl? Mmm, well Famke Jansen was awesome as the sadistic Ornatopp, I wanted to give her some pain for sure. That also spawned one of Bond's best corny lines ever;

"She always did enjoy a good squeeze..."

And Denise Richards as Christmas was also very good, spawning THE best corny line ever;

"And I thought Chritmas only came once a year..."

ROFL, Bond is great fun if you don't take it too seriously.

Old Post 03-07-02 21:20 #
pritch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Baron-Of-Hell

ALL OF THEM!! Except for Tomorrow Never Dies, that was a little bit gay... Docter Good Head is my favourite girl and my favourite gadget would have to be.........hmmmmm, I really don't know! How could you forget FAVOURITE VILLAINS! Jaws is my favourite bad guy... I can't really remember Never Say Never though but it wasn't made by the same people anyway...

Old Post 03-13-02 08:40 #
Baron-Of-Hell is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Derrick

GoldenEye is one of the better ones!
TND sucks!
TWINE was ok!
Anyway try out my GE Conversion at:

http://www.newdoom.com/hosted/goldeneye

whenever Newdoom.com comes back up

Yeah one of the better quotes, is when Ourumov has kidnapped Natalyia and being chased by Bond in a tank in St. Petersburgh. He gets stoped when by a large crowd of people. The drivers ask Ourumov what to do. Ourumov replies "Use the bumper, thats what its for!"

Last edited by Derrick on 03-22-02 at 02:26

Old Post 03-22-02 01:52 #
Derrick is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Revenant_
Loser

I like the car, my favourite movie is Goldeneye and I can't make up my mind about the girls!

Last edited by Revenant_ on 03-22-02 at 10:23

Old Post 03-22-02 10:12 #
Revenant_ is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

I think Goldeneye is the best movie. Yeah, I agree with all the critics how it's lame and the ways it's bad, etc... but for fuck's sake. The game was totally awesome. The game made the movie 10x better. They complemented each other to create a better whole - just like the LOTR movie/book do.

Old Post 03-22-02 11:03 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KoolKat
Meow

Best movie = Goldfinger
Best girl = Bond's fake wife in You Only Live Twice
Best gadget = Uhh, not sure

Old Post 07-18-02 13:58 #
KoolKat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Insomniak
Doesn't Sleep!

WOW look at KoolKat's ability to dredge up 3-month-old threads!

Old Post 07-18-02 17:56 #
Insomniak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Goat
Baa!

Insomniac said:
WOW look at KoolKat's ability to dredge up 3-month-old threads!

ROFLMAO

Old Post 07-18-02 22:03 #
Goat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nxn
meephead

wow, I even had some posts up there from before I was banned. Are they still losering people for doing this, or did they stop with Jive?

EDIT: oh look, a crendowing post, using the name 'crendowing'. Jesus this thread is old.

Old Post 07-18-02 22:47 #
Spike
Team Future has a new Giger-esque in the works

Well, if you stand back and really think about it... aren't Bond films a bit... you know... shit?

Only decent thing to come from them was the Austin Powers flicks.

Old Post 07-18-02 22:53 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy

This thread was created 2 days after my 18th birthday. Shouldn't I have been at my party at the time? Ooooh yeah...now I remember...my party was a FUCKING BUST.

/me goes to cry off in a corner

Old Post 07-19-02 07:22 #
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

best bond movie = Golden Gun...by far.

Old Post 07-19-02 08:50 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darknation
Forum Staple

Spike said:
Well, if you stand back and really think about it... aren't Bond films a bit... you know... shit?

Only decent thing to come from them was the Austin Powers flicks.

Austin Powers takes all the really bad parts of the Bond movies and adds Mike Myers.

I would rather gurgle with shrapnel that watch that scat again.

Old Post 07-19-02 11:08 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pritch
Super Moderator

GOOD GOD! Perhaps Koolkat, this is why you were temporarily banned? DO NOT BUMP OLD THREADS.

If you want something FAQy, ask me.

Old Post 07-20-02 16:25 #
pritch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote