Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Use

Battlefield 3

caco_killer said:

Battlefield games on the PC before Bad Company didn't even have actual singleplayer campaigns. It was just multiplayer with Bots.

I was thinking of Modern Combats...

but either way, that's even better.

BC2 was just a disaster.

Finanlly got the game in the mail today, installation was an annoying process to go through. But got it running on medium specs, still looks pretty good. Finished the campaign mode on normal difficulty, will start on hard skill tomorrow.

I expected this game to be very different than CoD Modern Warfare, but it still felt like I was playing a new CoD game. Its cool to be able to demolish stuff around you. Lots of cool weapons to play with. Needs more gore though :p

I did had a lot of fun playing it so far.

BURMP

Okay, I'm, level 29 and things are going well. I'm used to the maps and since the patch the shooting feels tighter somehow. Last night I had some awesome games, went 24/1 in conquest and bagged 8000 some points in another game, 16000 or so after awards. My friend shot three helecopters down in one round, and I headshotted a pilot in mid flight.

The new Kirkland maps are fairly awesome, with tons of variation in the single maps and they're freakin huge. Good times.

I bought the game for Christmas because there was a 50% discount on the digital version.This game is well worth the 24 euros.Although I got the game only 3 days ago,I'm getting better at it each day, I'm also getting pretty good at the jet fighter(or so I'd like to think).We should post our nicknames here to make a match sometimes!Mine is CyberdemoN_1542

BURMP

So, anyone checked out Close Quarters? I haven't played all the maps, but it changes up the gamestyle significantly. The level of detail in the maps is also high, making for some intense scenes.

Things get fairly frantic most of the time, and team play basically boils down to staying together and everyone being Assault. Easily inflates your score-per-minute.

It will be nice to start unlocking some new guns, seems easier than unlocking the Karkand stuff.

Nobody cares about Battlefield 3, Use3d.

A YouTube commentator told me I shouldn't buy Battlefield 3 DLC. He then proceeded to buy Battlefield 3 DLC. I then tried to buy Battlefield 3 DLC but realized that I didn't own the game.

Bucket said:

But yeah, I can't imagine the game has improved much since BF2. The series was riddled with bugs after that, and DICE always seemed to give more attention to nerfing weapons so noobs could play.

Or screwing up weapons in general. I still remember when the PKM was sniper rifle with a 100 round mag.

yellowmadness54 said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Oh thats great...

Crysis 3 looks pretty good IMO

I finally got BF3 after they announced Premium (and personal opinions asside, $96 wasn't really bad for a used copy of the game, an online pass and a service that gives me $75 worth of content for $50 with unique things. Unlike the COD:Elite service, the worthlessness of which I won't get into. On that note that's the last time I buy a game just for the social interaction with coworkers).

CQ isn't too bad, although if you don't stay with your team you tend to run around doing nothing a lot, but then if you run with your squad in Gunmaster its impossible to win since every kill turns into an assist or suppression. Meh, maybe I just need to be a better player. My biggest qualm is that there's too much decoration clutter; when I'm trying to move quickly through a room to flank somebody, I really don't like getting caught on a piece of furniture that I should be able to run over; like running into a nonbroken window, I've suffered a lot of unnecessary deaths because of shit like this. I also find that I can usually get the first kill in every map once I instantly spawn, and that's just sloppy, lazy, stupid, ignorant programming in 2012. The new weapons are nice though. The L85A bullpup LMG is probably my favorite at this point, but I still haven't even unlocked all the Karkand weapons so I still can't unlock some of the new assingments. (Still waiting on tha L96 because I fail at hitting my targets with a sniper rifle, although I can dial in amazingly accurately. Stupid bunny hoppers).

Johnatone said:

On that note that's the last time I buy a game just for the social interaction with coworkers

lol I'm the opposite. I usually play CoD by myself because there are very few people I can stand playing with.

Johnatone said:

I finally got BF3 after they announced Premium (and personal opinions asside, $96 wasn't really bad for a used copy of the game, an online pass and a service that gives me $75 worth of content for $50 with unique things. Unlike the COD:Elite service, the worthlessness of which I won't get into.

Why is COD Elite worthless when BF3 Premium is the exact same thing?

I feel like I should be ashamed about being a 100th Colonel in BF3 now... Nah.

caco_killer said:

COD: Elite is more of a subscription thing for clan organizing and advanced stat tracking, but you get early DLC access and a small discount. You still have to pay for the DLC IIRC. I also can't remember if it's 15$ a month or 5$ a month.

BF3: Premium is a one time buy at like 50$, and gives you many other bonus perks, such as early access to the DLC, Bonus XP weekends, and weapon camos. Also, the stat-tracking and clan organization is already free within battlelog.

CoD Elite is a one time purchase of $50 for a year. You get all DLC, and you get it before anyone else. You also get full clan support. You can actually get most the stat tracking and stuff with the free version of Elite.

Lots of people complain about it but since I was going to buy all the MW3 DLC anyway it was worth it for me.

COD Elite is worth it ONLY if you're an XBOX 360 owner when it comes to the early DLC content. If you own a PS3 or PC, you're wasting your money. By the time the "new" DLC content comes to those platforms, the 360 owners have already been playing them weeks ahead of the PS3 and PC players.

To a point yes, but remember two things: it's only one month ahead, so you'll still get your first Elite content drop before regular Xbox players can play those maps. Also, remember that you're not playing against Xbox players to it's not like them getting a head start and then playing against you.

Yes, I agree it's unfair but saying it's not worth it for someone who just plays PS3 just because he knows someone on another console somewhere else gets to play the maps before he does doesn't make sense to me.

I played BF3 for a bit. It was pretty cool. It's kind of hard to aim because of all the screen shaking. I'll have to figure out all the squad and commander options.

DuckReconMajor said:

To a point yes, but remember two things: it's only one month ahead, so you'll still get your first Elite content drop before regular Xbox players can play those maps. Also, remember that you're not playing against Xbox players to it's not like them getting a head start and then playing against you.

Yes, I agree it's unfair but saying it's not worth it for someone who just plays PS3 just because he knows someone on another console somewhere else gets to play the maps before he does doesn't make sense to me.

For me personally it was a waste. I have a few friends who own PS3's yet they don't play COD3 and a bunch of friends who own 360's who play COD3 fairly frequently. I sure as hell don't want to spend any more money on another gaming console just to play one game.

yellowmadness54 said:

Looks new and innovative.

IDK, they seem to have taken people's complaints about the second one to heart; it seems the point of porting Crysis 1 to consoles was to find a way to get the big colorful world working with 256k of RAM or whatever they have.

Running around jungle-desert-nanodome New York punching aliens? Yes please. lol

caco_killer said:

Both games offer free stat tracking, clan management, et cetera, but then they charge you for the perks.

BF Premium gives me 5 expansion packs for $50, or $10 a pack (a savings of $25 unless you already had B2K). Since B3 caters to PS3 owners, I already get DLC content first, and now I get it two weeks earlier. Their content callendar also gives you REAL dates for releases. They also have Premium specific dogtags, camos and XP events.

COD Elite gives me 4 expansion packs for $50, a savings of $10. Elite caters to the XBox, so I have to wait a month after them for early DLC, and when it gets here lately it has been within one or two weeks of everybody else getting the content collection (the vast majority of CC2 came out literally one week before it was released to everyone else.) Their content callendar doesn't give you release dates until the week of release, if even that; more often than not I have to dig through Activision's Twitter feed to find them. They have premium events to win both digital badges and physical prizes, only 5 Elite specific Titles, and XP evens.

Yeah, they're essentially the same thing, but even though everyone hates them I have to say that EA is screwing the customers less on this one. Well, the PS3 customers anyway.

EDIT: Also, BF3 is designed for large scale combat, so I can understand the engine having a lot of bugs, and honestly other than connections dropping suddenly and the game freezing up (both rare) it doesn't seem to bug up that much. MW3 is using the Q3 engine and designed for much smaller combat, so I don't understand why it has as many goddamn bugs as it does (or the lack of dedicated servers).

EDIT2: A month or so ago I hadn't been working, so I needed some money for cigarettes, food, et cetera, so I sold some games and canceled my $10 BO2 preorder. This is funny to me because:
1. I felt that cigarettes were a healthier choice than COD.
2. I absolutely REFUSED to sell DNF that day even though the extra $5 I would have got for it was better than nothing. DNF > BO2? Probably.

Enjoying the BF 3 multiplayer, fun way to kill 40 minutes (avg 40 min per round). The linear levels suck ass but the open field ones make this game playable for me and the sound effects never cease to amaze me.

Violator said:

Enjoying the BF 3 multiplayer, fun way to kill 40 minutes (avg 40 min per round).

Wow, I'd get bored out of my head by the 20 minute mark. Way too long for an FPS.

Belial said:

Wow, I'd get bored out of my head by the 20 minute mark. Way too long for an FPS.

CS's default map rotation was 20 minutes. It seemed to work out OK.

Belial said:

I guess if you sucked at the game sure, otherwise you don't even notice the time.

lol 40 minutes what a puss

back in vanilla WoW Alterac Valley matches would last for 48 hours or more

< was not there when this happened, just wants to look cool

Mr. T said:

IDK, they seem to have taken people's complaints about the second one to heart; it seems the point of porting Crysis 1 to consoles was to find a way to get the big colorful world working with 256k of RAM or whatever they have.

Running around jungle-desert-nanodome New York punching aliens? Yes please. lol

At first I figured you were just being sarcastic, but after looking into it, youre right, and it does actually look like a cool game so far.

Belial said:

I often rage quit or lose interest before the 40 minute mark, but it is a good way to kill time.