Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > WW3?
Pages (13): « First ... « 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:18. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

Mr. T said:
Like the end of Dr. Strangelove?

You know I've never seen that movie and I feel like I've missed out on something really important. But my dad did showed me this film.

The end is so horrific when that black kid looks up in the sky (New York City) and the audience hears the ICBM detonating in mid air.

Old Post 05-11-12 06:35 #
MRB_Doom is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mr. T

Dr. Strangelove is a semi-parody of war movies in general. The gist of the story is similar to Fail-safe as the latter was based on a book that was a straight ripoff of the book the former was based on, although the combination of light tone mixed with extreme subject matter makes Dr. Strangelove scarier IMHO.

They are both classics tho.

/E The chiaroscuro narrative of Dr. Strangelove (alternating between belly laughs and almost-difficult to watch) is a perfect complement to the black and white the film was shot in. Just thought I'd add that.

Old Post 05-11-12 06:49 #
Mr. T is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

Russia, Norway to Hold Joint Naval Drills

Old Post 05-11-12 07:14 #
MRB_Doom is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

American Hypersonic Weapons 'Threat to Russia' - Rogozin

Old Post 05-11-12 12:42 #
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

Hizballah rushes arms to Syria, Iran sets up security cameras in Damascus

Old Post 05-12-12 00:21 #
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

From the article:
While the Syrian opposition and Assad regime blamed each other – or al Qaeda - for the worst attack Damascus has seen in the 14-month uprising, it was obvious to both that it must have been the work of a major and very professional undercover agency.
Probably the work of Mossad. Fuelling a hostile neighbor's civil war is as good a way as any to neutralize them as a threat to Israel.

Old Post 05-12-12 03:03 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Satyr000

GreyGhost said:
Probably the work of Mossad. Fuelling a hostile neighbor's civil war is as good a way as any to neutralize them as a threat to Israel.

Wouldn't doubt it. All evidence points to Mossad being behind the killing of Iran's nuclear scientists. I wouldn't be surprised of the CIA is working with Mossad also.

Old Post 05-12-12 05:36 #
Satyr000 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

India Inks $660 Mln Deal to Buy U.S. Howitzers

Speaking of Howitzers, I just played Cossacks - The Art of War (single / random map).

Cossacks - The Art of War for Windows

A very awesome game.

Last edited by MRB_Doom on 05-12-12 at 06:58

Old Post 05-12-12 06:15 #
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

IRAN ACCUSED OF BEING BEHIND 9/11 ATTACKS.

Ain't this sweet?

Old Post 05-12-12 07:11 #
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

Russia to Test New Naval Air Defense System by Year End

Old Post 05-12-12 08:12 #
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

China, Japan, South Korea Warn North Korea over Nuclear Tests

Old Post 05-13-12 15:57 #
Maes
I like big butts!

Wretched Plight of Toiling Masses in Capitalist Countries.

I guess we should all emigrate to the Worker's Paradise that is NK then.

Old Post 05-16-12 19:37 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

Russia warns West against ‘hasty wars’ and rising regional tension

Old Post 05-18-12 10:39 #
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

US envoy to Israel: Plans in place to attack Iran if necessary

Old Post 05-18-12 14:42 #
flubbernugget

Seems relevant. Pretty much my view on politics.

Old Post 05-23-12 02:42 #
flubbernugget is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

Russia Has No Business in NATO Missile Defense – Polish MP

Old Post 05-23-12 05:17 #
Technician
Still no custom title

Fuck NATO.

Old Post 05-23-12 05:32 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

Russia Turns on New Missile Warning Radar

Russia Test Fires New Ballistic Missile

Russia's Strategic Missile Forces test-fired a new prototype ballistic missile from the Plesetsk Cosmodrome in Arkhangelsk Region on Wednesday, Defense Ministry spokesman Vadim Koval said, but did not name the new weapon.

Old Post 05-23-12 09:39 #
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

Moldova May Benefit From NATO Missile Defense – Minister

For the Moldovan doomers.

Old Post 05-23-12 14:22 #
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

Iran reportedly blames IAEA chief for leaks that enable Israel to assassinate its nuclear scientists: http://www.timesofisrael.com/un-nuc...of-p5-1-summit/

Wouldn't be surprised if this accusation was true.

Old Post 05-23-12 22:21 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Retog

Technician said:
Fuck NATO.

Agreed

Old Post 05-23-12 22:33 #
Retog is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

U.S. Drone Strike Kills 10 People in Pakistan

Oh sure Pakistan is a strong ally of the U.S. in the War on Terror. These guys keep playing geopolitical chess and no one will win.

Old Post 05-24-12 09:21 #
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

North Korea ready to carry out nuclear test at any moment, Seoul says

More psy op towards North Korea. Put some sanctions on Wall Street and the City of London instead. Jeez...

Old Post 05-24-12 19:58 #
K!r4

Thought it was relevant:

Old Post 05-24-12 20:03 #
K!r4 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

The New War in Iraq: US Occupation Shifts to Proxy Subversion

I guess Samuel Huntington is relaxing in his grave while the Middle East is still being carved up. The War of Civilizations will soon take another twist...

Old Post 05-24-12 21:24 #
Retog

MRB_Doom said:
North Korea ready to carry out nuclear test at any moment, Seoul says

More psy op towards North Korea. Put some sanctions on Wall Street and the City of London instead. Jeez...

I agree. North Korea deserves to have the same rights as any other country. Wallstreet and London are doing a lot more harm to the people.

Old Post 05-24-12 21:51 #
Retog is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

Russia raps fresh US Senate sanctions against Iran

If the Shah had stayed in power in Iran the country would probably have more than 25 nuclear reactors online today. Instead, a certain petty Polish aristocrat betrayed the Shah of Iran and installed Khomeini as ruling puppet AND sent the country back into the Dark Ages.

Old Post 05-25-12 22:49 #
Technician
Still no custom title

MRB_Doom said:
Russia raps fresh US Senate sanctions against Iran

If the Shah had stayed in power in Iran the country would probably have more than 25 nuclear reactors online today. Instead, a certain petty Polish aristocrat betrayed the Shah of Iran and installed Khomeini as ruling puppet AND sent the country back into the Dark Ages.

The religion of Islam really is the US's best friend. Put in a meat-puppet, and let dogma suppress.

Old Post 05-26-12 03:52 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

Technician said:
The religion of Islam really is the US's best friend.
That phrase is pretty racist as it blames Muslims of their religion for what the US may do to them. Religion is a medicine that often has adverse effects, but even if you're just referring to fundamentalist or militant Islam, it can't be reduced to those effects.

Old Post 05-26-12 05:36 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

Technician said:
The religion of Islam really is the US's best friend.

I'm not sure if that is true when the Bernard Lewis plan for the Middle East is still in effect. Meaning, carving up every country in the region to create pathetic mini or micro states that cannot stand up to JP Morgan Chase or Exxon Mobil.

The U.S. may push this anti-Islam agenda too far and perhaps one day a man ruled by his ego will come forward and rally up the Muslims in a way that has never been seen before.

Saddam Hussein's regime was starting to trade oil with Euros instead of dollars and Libya's central bank was not a part of the Babylonian machine that ate it for breakfast last year and for that, the imperialists destroyed these two countries.

There is a financial war going on and I would like to find out more information about it.

Last edited by MRB_Doom on 05-26-12 at 11:31

Old Post 05-26-12 11:06 #