Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chopkinsca

Book suggestions

You usually can't go wrong with books for the most part if you can get yourself to read them. The reason books are practically dead compared to reading stuff on the internet is probably because they are associated with books being 'assigned' to read by teachers in school, grudgingly reading them, and then being disheartened when you get a below average grade on the test and feeling like you suck at grasping the plot.

If you're motivated to read something, you'll very likely be engaged in the plot eventually. You really just have to give the book a chance, read at least a few chapters into it, and ignore the feelings of not knowing what the fuck is going on until it explains itself a little more in the following chapters.

I hope it's not horribly obvious that I don't make time to read much though. I hardly have enough to play doom anymore.

40oz said:

You usually can't go wrong with books for the most part if you can get yourself to read them.

There are certain genres I can't get into, most likely being the psychological novels. I have no patience to read what one's thinking; I'd rather read what one is doing.

I know this probably won't be your cup of tea, but i have to recommend House of Leaves. It's one of the very few books that pushed me over the edge on the immersion scale.