Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Phobosdeimos1 is Dead.

oh damn, I remember back when TOKE died :(
R.I.P
I didnt know him,
but we will miss him

Always thought he was a bit of a forum clown. He was a cool clown too. A terrible tragedy for a young person to go early. D.I.P.

RIP

Where ever you are dude, I'm sure this universe looks dull compared to the dimension you're in now.

So long...

Oh god, that's a really unexpected and sad news!
I read it on the facebook group, and i still surprised about it.

I made a level for DTWID with this guy and played some maps of him, he was a good mapper overall. He was also subscribed to my youtube channel...

RIP, crunchy boy...

Spoiler

although I was not on good terms lately with the boy ...

That's unfortunate. I didn't really know him but it's always sad seeing another Doomer go to the big LAN Party in the sky. :(

My condolences to his friends and family.

This is terrible news, he seemed like quite a down to earth and friendly guy, and I really enjoyed his presence here. The support he showed when I released my Heretic map was really encouraging as well. Rip buddy. Hope your in a better place now.

NitroactiveStudios said:

I also have a few questions on this issue. How old was he and what was the cause of death?

18 IIRC.

The cause is unknown, probably a surprising accident, because he looked fine before his last days.

His last post was on 12-26-11.
His last video on Youtube was on Jan 9, 2012.

What the hell is up with all of Doomworld's forum members dropping dead like flies? Isn't this like the fourth or fifth "person X has died thread" in recent times? Wasn't there another thread like this just recently?

In any case, this is indeed sad to hear :(

hardcore_gamer said:

What the hell is up with all of Doomworld's forum members dropping dead like flies? Isn't this like the fourth or fifth "person X has died thread" in recent times? Wasn't there another thread like this just recently?

In any case, this is indeed sad to hear :(

Every day, people die, some of them may be from the community. BTW the death was at January (3 months ago).

Sad news. I hope he passed peacefully and my thoughts are with his family. I wasn't well aquainted with him but I did make him a map for his birthday last October and his absence is a loss to the community.

It's sad also that it took this time before the news was discovered. I noticed he hadn't posted recently but I never expected this. It got me wondering about A.Gamma who I noticed disappeared quite abruptly a few months ago. I know it's more likely he's just stopped visiting the site but hearing about this sort of tragedy puts bleak thoughts in your head.

RIP

purist said:

It got me wondering about A.Gamma who I noticed disappeared quite abruptly a few months ago. I know it's more likely he's just stopped visiting the site but hearing about this sort of tragedy puts bleak thoughts in your head.

Had the same thinking before... I mean if he was very busy, he could visit here for one minute to inform you. Hoping he's fine. Did you try to email him?

I really hate Doomworld sometimes. Not because of the rude assholes (like me), but because everybody fucking dies. Yeah we've already talked about how such an ancient, large community is bound to have some prominent people passing--but this is seriously the only forum, blog, or any other community I frequent where so many people die. In fact I can't think of another place I visit where ANYBODY has been known to pass away. I still think this place is cursed.

At any rate, it's too bad. I didn't know the guy, and don't think I even really knew OF him. But it's always too bad when we lose another one :(

C30N9 said:

Had the same thinking before... I mean if he was very busy, he could visit here for one minute to inform you. Hoping he's fine. Did you try to email him?

Yes, I tried but the email was returned undeliverable. I also tried PM'ing in case he'd taken to lurking and made an effort to get info via Google to no avail. He may have lost his internet access, I'd rather not assume the worst but I couldn't help reflecting on it having heard this very sad news.

Eighteen is no age to go. Such a waste of life.

He seemed like a cool guy, it's a shame he died so young.

RIP

:( Sucks to hear this - he and I had pretty similar attitudes to map-making and the like, which was a rarity. I really enjoyed his maps as well...

May he RIP. Hope his family and the others out there that were close to him are alright.

The difficulty skill "I'm Too Young to Die" fits for this loss, 18 is too young to die anyways, shame it happened at such age.

RIP

Nomad said:

I really hate Doomworld sometimes. Not because of the rude assholes (like me), but because everybody fucking dies. Yeah we've already talked about how such an ancient, large community is bound to have some prominent people passing--but this is seriously the only forum, blog, or any other community I frequent where so many people die. In fact I can't think of another place I visit where ANYBODY has been known to pass away. I still think this place is cursed.

At any rate, it's too bad. I didn't know the guy, and don't think I even really knew OF him. But it's always too bad when we lose another one :(

Yes, it sucks even though I didn't know him. :(

I agree on your first point too. It's weird how many members here die. That's like it's weird how many suicidal people there have been on ND. Methinks there's something about Doom. :/