Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Phobosdeimos1 is Dead.

Jeez, that really is surprising. I kept thinking he was still around and just lurking, never even realized....

RIP

Nomad said:

I really hate Doomworld sometimes. Not because of the rude assholes (like me), but because everybody fucking dies. Yeah we've already talked about how such an ancient, large community is bound to have some prominent people passing--but this is seriously the only forum, blog, or any other community I frequent where so many people die. In fact I can't think of another place I visit where ANYBODY has been known to pass away. I still think this place is cursed.

I'd like to think it's just because we're a fairly close-knit community and we actually notice and care when people suddenly vanish without saying goodbye. It does suck how often it seems to happen though.

Most members here participate in mutual projects, so it's no surprise when someone is alerted to a members death. Most communities don't have outside interaction.

Oh, God. This is crazy...it seems like just yesterday that he was praising the first map I had made. I thought the username sounded familiar, so I dug up the thread I made about my first map ever, and sure enough, he made several posts, telling me to "screw textures dude just make it fun" and telling me my map was "ID-worthy."

I barely knew him, and now he's gone.

Does anyone know what the hell happened?

Anyways; farewell, Phobosdeimos1; I hope your demon-hunting continues to go well, wherever you might be. Thanks for your kind comments, and your great advice. I'll never forget it.

Goodbye...

This news makes me a sad Xaser. RIP, good sir. :(

purist said:

It got me wondering about A.Gamma who I noticed disappeared quite abruptly a few months ago.

He's still active, so no worries there.

It's always hard to take when a fellow Doomer leaves us.

Condolences to his family and friends.

RIP

Sigh... this sort of thing didn't really happen all that much for my first year or two here, but it seems to be getting a bit frequent :-/

DooMAD said:

I'd like to think it's just because we're a fairly close-knit community and we actually notice and care when people suddenly vanish without saying goodbye. It does suck how often it seems to happen though.

Speaking of this, has any one heard from Mithran. About a month ago I noticed that I hadn't seen that GIF in a while, plus a pretty cool CC4 map is now just sitting there on a hard drive.

Snakes said:

Speaking of this, has any one heard from Mithran. About a month ago I noticed that I hadn't seen that GIF in a while, plus a pretty cool CC4 map is now just sitting there on a hard drive.

No I haven't, but I sure he/she isn't dead even though I don't know the user much.

Sucks to see someone this young die. I never knew the guy that well, I remember him giving me respect for my project on how I updated it regardless on what people thought. He also seemed like a chill guy so I say RIP.

I remember thinking he was Phobus's alt or something (which I assume about pretty much every user name starting with 'p' because I'm an idiot) until I started reading more of his posts and picked up a bit on his personality. I was a bit shocked to see this thread title. Sorry to see him go.

edit: oh hey look at his first post

Glad I could help, buddy

DuckReconMajor said:

I remember thinking he was Phobus's alt or something (which I assume about pretty much every user name starting with 'p' because I'm an idiot)

Ha - I've not even been active that long here :P Only time I ever made an alt was on the ZDF, and that was "Wonoview".

Has to be said, we do seem to report on community losses a lot more prominently than anywhere else I've ever seen. Being close-knit like we are, I guess that makes sense. 1-3 deaths a year doesn't seem unusually high though. Not that any of this diminishes the sadness of this occasion, of course. 18 really is very early to go.

Xaser said:

He's still active, so no worries there.

That's good to see. I didn't think to check the ZDoom forums but thought posts on other forums would get picked up by my Google search. Now to try and contact him for his unfinished progfic map...

Didn't really speak to the guy but he always seemed cool. It's always sad when you hear that someone so young has died(especially when they are close to your own age). R.I.P. Phobosdeimos1 and my condolences goes to his family and friends.
3 months ago? I can't believe it. I wonder how he died. D:

My guesses would be an accident, cancer or some other terminal illness.

R.I.P.

Considering I'm the same age as him, I find this rather concerning/disturbing. My condolences to his friends and family.

A bit off-topic: This made me wonder about "M3g4Sph3r3". I tried emailing him yesterday. Has anyone seen him active (like in IRC channels...)?

More off-topic: asking family members about the reason when it's too soon is a good way to get some people to never speak to you again (for certain sets of reasons). :/

Aliotroph? said:

More off-topic: asking family members about the reason when it's too soon is a good way to get some people to never speak to you again (for certain sets of reasons). :/

Krispy said:

He has family on this forum?

No, but he does on facebook.

I was in touch with him on YouTube and he shared maps, offered to collaborate on projects, and created bizarre "tribute" videos for me. I always thought he was a hilarious guy -- funny, creative, and most importantly, friendly. It sucks he had to go at such a young age. R.I.P.

Aliotroph?: I wasn't offense. I asked, that "anyboday knows?" something about the reason, and if yes, what was it. If it's a secret, then I won't disturb anything.

Aliotroph? said:

Well, it has been a few months. I'm sure if you were to send a message to his mom about how we were all just recently made aware of his passing and were a fan of his doom levels and that he is missed, I'm sure she wouldn't mind cluing you in.

I never said I asked about him. I was being very off-topic. Since I didn't know him I wouldn't be the guy to ask, anyway. I was just bitching because one time I made the mistake of asking the wrong person way too soon and that person hasn't uttered a word to me since. People are weird.