Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Doomworld Member Locations

Added my (general) location. Turns out PRIMEVAL only lives like 3 hours away from me.

Whoo said:

Added my (general) location. Turns out PRIMEVAL only lives like 3 hours away from me.

I'm only 5 minutes from PRIMEVAL (if that). Added my location as well.

It points to where you tell it to point. I clicked in the right village and some people have probably just about hit the right continent.

printz said:

Unfortunately, if the thread withers off, so will the link to the map be forgotten.

Fear not, for I have saved the link in my profile's 'location' field.

Just noticed that Marnetmar is in Utah! I lived in the SLC area for a while, and I know Mike.Reiner lived very nearby as well, though we never managed to arrange to hang out. Pretty sure he's still out there.

Surprised by the number of UK people in relation to the rest of the world. I live in the same place as the great speedrunner Okuplok

Oh snap, Bucket, I've been looking at a couple houses to move into in the Conshohocken, King of Prussia, West Norriton area. Had no idea I would have been like 15 minutes away from you.

The only one from good old Melbourne, Australia so far since St. Alfonzo claims his is fake... if not he's only 15 minutes away from where I am. My location for most of June however is going to be sunny Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.... only 13 days to go!!

Edit: Turns out it will only add it if I zoom in fully. :P

For some reason I can't seem to add a marker when I click on the map. :/

glenzinho said:

The only one from good old Melbourne, Australia so far since St. Alfonzo claims his is fake... if not he's only 15 minutes away from where I am.

Sure it's fake!... by about 1 km ;)
I just chose a reasonable intersection and drove a pin through the traffic lights.

Mine is about 1km away as well! So you're a Melbourne boy too? We should hook up and play some Doom when I get back from Brazil

I left my location with a proper description. :D

This is an interesting little getup. It's interesting to see how few people are in this community and how far apart we all are.

Seeker_of_Truth said:

I'm only 5 minutes from PRIMEVAL (if that). Added my location as well.

Stalker!

Nomad said:

Plotted my current location on the map. Wonder if I'm the only one in NorCal these days!

SoCal over here, which of course, makes me a rival.

NOMAD, WE COMIN FOR YOU NIGGA!!!

NitroactiveStudios said:

Before I add my marker, do I have to place it exactly where I live?

Nah, just a general location. Putting it exactly where you live would just be a waste of time.

Marnetmar said:

Nah, just a general location. Putting it exactly where you live would just be a waste of time.

OK I placed my marker and I think this map Bloodshedder made is a cool idea.

NitroactiveStudios said:

Well no, of course not. Since this is more or less a global excercise, you'd probably only want to narrow down your whereabouts to city and state. If you find yourself within a stone's throw of another member then you might even be interested in imparting futher knowledge of your wherabouts via PM or something.

It's a fun fact to know that member X lives in city X and country, but I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz to learn of his precise hold of residence, such that one day I might decide to zoom in on his house using google earth and count the weeds growing out of his driveway. I'm sure member X wouldn't want that either!

NitroactiveStudios said:

I hope not. I only zoomed in close enough to put my pin in my City. If you zoom in further than I did you'll find the precise location to be in the River Humber!

Taunton, Massachusetts. It's not a very nice place.