Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Wrack
Pages (16): « First ... « 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:08. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jodwin
Forum Staple

Good to see it on an actual distribution service. Although the Desura page begs one question:

Available to play Sep 12, 2012. This is the alpha version of Wrack! It contains the first four levels, and we're working vigorously to finish the other five. Two extra episodes are planned as DLC.

Does that mean that if you buy it from Desura (currently for 4 euros) you'll have to pay for the other five levels when they're done?

Old Post 09-11-12 17:04 #
Jodwin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

no.

Old Post 09-11-12 17:06 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Carnevil
I fail it.

kristus said:
no.

I'd like to add that the same is true for the website version. Once you pre-order/alpha fund either, you've essentially bought the game (DLC not included).

Anyway, for those of you who were requesting it... we're on Steam Greenlight!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...ls/?id=95521749

Old Post 09-11-12 22:59 #
Carnevil is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DuckReconMajor
Forum Legend

If you vote "yes" do you have to buy the game? I'd so vote yes but I already bought :(

Old Post 09-12-12 00:10 #
DuckReconMajor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
chungy

voting only means you want the game to be on steam, it's not a pledge to buy it.

Old Post 09-12-12 00:15 #
chungy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DuckReconMajor
Forum Legend

After taking 10 minutes to log in I finally voted but it says "This game has attained 0% of necessary positive ratings so far", but I'm guessing the server is still being crappy.

Old Post 09-12-12 00:56 #
DuckReconMajor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Carnevil
I fail it.

DuckReconMajor said:
After taking 10 minutes to log in I finally voted but it says "This game has attained 0% of necessary positive ratings so far", but I'm guessing the server is still being crappy.

No, I doubt it. It just makes a metric fuckload of votes to gain any sort of traction. You pretty much need to have a YouTube channel with a million subscribers to get anywhere.

Old Post 09-12-12 01:10 #
Carnevil is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DuckReconMajor
Forum Legend

Oh wow. Well maybe you can get there somehow. If not at least that's some publicity!

I will admit now I want to play the game you linked.

Old Post 09-12-12 01:18 #
Dragonsbrethren

Valve's stated that a game doesn't have to get 100% to get on Steam.

Old Post 09-12-12 01:22 #
Dragonsbrethren is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jodwin
Forum Staple

Greenlight is full of bullshit anyway.

Old Post 09-12-12 05:51 #
Jodwin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
BloodyAcid

I have to buy a game to vote? Bullshit.

Old Post 09-12-12 06:01 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jodwin
Forum Staple

Carnevil said:
No, I doubt it. It just makes a metric fuckload of votes to gain any sort of traction. You pretty much need to have a YouTube channel with a million subscribers to get anywhere.

Hypocrisy: Games get flak on Greenlight for being Minecraft clones. Yogventures has no problems despite being Minecraft + Yogscast.

Old Post 09-12-12 09:37 #
DuckReconMajor
Forum Legend

BloodyAcid said:
I have to buy a game to vote? Bullshit.
no. did you read the post like 5 above yours?

Or are you saying Steam won't let you vote unless you've bought a Steam game?

Old Post 09-12-12 13:03 #
BloodyAcid

Talking about steam games. I dont play steam (surprisingly?)

Old Post 09-12-12 21:10 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DuckReconMajor
Forum Legend

Just make an account and vote. You don't have to buy.

Old Post 09-12-12 21:24 #
K!r4

Hey Carnevil, just bought your game to try it out. Now that I have finished the levels I am eager to create some maps!

Problem is: I've opened WrackEd and added data 1,2,4 and 7 like intended. But once I am in editor, right MB and left MB doesn't seem to do anything in vertex mode.

Videos aren't of any help since I am half-deaf and it causes me troubles to understand oral english :-(

Could you list me basic controls please? I think the rest should be self-evident since it looks very much like DB2 + Front and Side grids.

Old Post 09-13-12 01:08 #
K!r4 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Phml
Forum Staple

From what I remember, you can't start drawing in vertex mode, you need to switch to face create mode or prism mode first. Vertex mode seems to be used to move vertices on existing geometry.

Old Post 09-13-12 01:22 #
Phml is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Carnevil
I fail it.

I think the problem is that you're in vertex mode. You want to be in face creation mode (the hotkey is C) to draw a face. THEN use the RMB/LMB to make stuff :) Vertex mode is for manipulating vertices - not drawing new things.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: Phml beat me to it :P

Old Post 09-13-12 01:23 #
BloodyAcid

DuckReconMajor said:
Just make an account and vote. You don't have to buy.

I get a window saying I have to.

Old Post 09-13-12 01:25 #
Dragonsbrethren

Yeah, you need to own a game on Steam to vote. They probably did that to stop people from registering hundreds of accounts just to inflate their own games scores (which would inevitably happen).

Old Post 09-13-12 01:32 #
Dragonsbrethren is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
K!r4

Thanks guys!

Old Post 09-13-12 01:39 #
K!r4 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
chungy

if you ever got any humble bundles, you have free Steam codes right there so... yeah...

Old Post 09-13-12 02:43 #
chungy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Krispy

You got my vote!

Old Post 09-13-12 02:51 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DuckReconMajor
Forum Legend

chungy said:
if you ever got any humble bundles, you have free Steam codes right there so... yeah...
You had to pay at least a dollar to get Steam codes.

Old Post 09-13-12 03:03 #
K!r4

Oh BTW, just upvoted your game. I like it, really. Very fun and all.

Once I figured out all the what and how of Wracked (a wiki instead of videos would really help for someone like me!), I'll try to make a map like I'd imagine them in the future episodes.

Old Post 09-14-12 20:11 #
kristus
Megablast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSskbFG0HRY - I'm playing around.

Old Post 09-15-12 15:43 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Khorus
Strife!

Cool to see you taking advantage of the jump mechanics, looks fun :)

Old Post 09-15-12 19:07 #
Khorus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

It looks well done but a jumpy map like that would probably have me committing suicide in real life.

Old Post 09-15-12 21:11 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

I doubt it. Jumping is pretty easy in Wrack. I just made it harder for me cause I was still under the influence that mouse movement had an impact on momentum. It's just regular strafe running though. The jumping is a billion times more reliable than in any Doom engine game.

Old Post 09-16-12 11:55 #
Carnevil
I fail it.

Plus, there's a teleporter at the bottom, so it's not like you die if you miss a jump or anything.

Old Post 09-16-12 13:56 #