Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > WIP - Doombringer - an high octane FPS cavalcade for the distinguished gamer.
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:34. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kristus
Megablast!

Ok, this is a kind of silly update but behold, the first screenshot of Doombringer (Alpha Build 1)
http://www.doglike.org/doombringer/...nger_Alpha1.png

Old Post 09-04-12 22:05 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Alright. Now the hard part comes: designing the levels.

Old Post 09-04-12 22:12 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Things to be done before starting maps.

Getting normalmap support running.
Getting the base selection of weapons into the game.
A base texture set.
A base set of scenery models.
Also preferably two or three monsters.

Plus, Uni started again so I don't have as many hours on the day anymore.

Last edited by kristus on 09-04-12 at 22:48

Old Post 09-04-12 22:41 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

http://www.doglike.org/doombringer/...andgun_WIP2.png

http://www.doglike.org/doombringer/BETA0003.png

Old Post 09-05-12 22:43 #
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

kristus said:
Heh Maes fail.

Old Post 09-05-12 23:00 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
killer2

Wow, I love what you've done with that handgun! The in-game model looks very rough though, but I'm sure that will change.

Old Post 09-05-12 23:02 #
killer2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

I won't be cell shaded for one. Besides that's just the high poly I tossed in to test the perspective of it.

Old Post 09-05-12 23:52 #
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Will it look like rAge? That's what came to my mind as soon as I saw that sprocketed gun.

Old Post 09-05-12 23:57 #
kristus
Megablast!

nope

Old Post 09-06-12 00:29 #
DoomUK
Forum Staple

kristus said:

Well I like it. It's totally impractical and would be awkward to shoot IRL if it even worked, but it looks cool so who cares.

Maybe you could give all of the weapons the same kind of unorthodox appearance. As it stands the minigun just looks like a regular minigun.

Old Post 09-06-12 08:39 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

I hope those gears don't spin when you shoot. I absolutely hated that about Quake 3's BFG.

Old Post 09-06-12 08:54 #
Technician is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Did it really grind your gears?

Old Post 09-06-12 09:12 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sgt dopey

This looks really cool I'll have to keep track of this

Old Post 09-06-12 09:13 #
sgt dopey is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Violator
Banned

Impressed as fuck, nice work

Old Post 09-06-12 10:44 #
Violator is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Gatling gun low poly with UV map and Normalmap is ready.
http://www.doglike.org/doombringer/...h_Normalmap.png

Old Post 09-06-12 22:25 #
Technician
Still no custom title

So what kind of monsters will this guy be fighting?

Old Post 09-06-12 22:44 #
Technician is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

I'm thinking the kind with lots of teeth. It's faster and easier to make those than something that is say, mechanical in nature. Plus there's been a severe lack of FPS games with classic guts and gore game play. Most of them got robots or regular humans these days.

Old Post 09-06-12 22:50 #
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Will there be puzzles?

Old Post 09-06-12 23:02 #
killer2

Somewhat related to the above...will there be secrets?

Old Post 09-06-12 23:23 #
killer2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Dunno

Old Post 09-06-12 23:34 #
kristus
Megablast!

This is a very early model and it's not even sure if it's going to be used at all, I'm just conceptualizing at this stage. (which is why I got this filter on it to spruce it up a bit for you)

Anyway. There's a very obvious difference between the two. Which one do YOU prefer?

http://www.doglike.org/doombringer/monster1.png

Old Post 09-08-12 11:35 #
sgt dopey

I like the second one the most

Old Post 09-08-12 11:39 #
sgt dopey is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

I prefer the one on the right. Out of curiosity, would extending two of the horns (one on each side) on top of the head a little bit give it a better feel?

Old Post 09-09-12 06:26 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

The one on the right looks better to me, too. I think the smaller eyes are part of it.

Old Post 09-09-12 06:53 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

esselfortium said:
The one on the right looks better to me, too. I think the smaller eyes are part of it.
The eyes are much more menacingon the left. I can see the guy on the right being used as a Mass Effect character, so evil incarnate doesn't exactly come off well.

Old Post 09-09-12 06:58 #
Khorus
Strife!

I prefer the one on the left, the eyes complete the avian look of the mouth.

Old Post 09-09-12 07:00 #
Khorus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Khorus said:
I prefer the one on the left, the eyes complete the avian look of the mouth.
It does kind of have a wasp look, doesn't it?

Old Post 09-09-12 07:47 #
kristus
Megablast!

I made a ModDB profile for Doombringer.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/doombringer

Old Post 09-10-12 12:04 #
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

I prefer the enemy on the left.

Old Post 09-10-12 20:31 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

New enemy in the works.
http://www.doglike.org/doombringer/Spike.png

Old Post 09-10-12 20:35 #