Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > WIP - Doombringer - an high octane FPS cavalcade for the distinguished gamer.
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 5 [6]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:21. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ed

Renders look really good. I especially like the player leg model. Looks a bit like cyberpunk Conan the Barbarian.

I know Darkplaces supports Half-Life and Q3 map formats, but are HL specific features such as the scripted_sequences entity function cross compatible for the other map formats?

Old Post 02-22-13 14:44 #
Ed is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

It's just the map format, like being able to use the same bsp format files and curves etc. The entity structure is different because it's using the progs files from Quake. But you can set up your own. Since I am using Xonotic for instance, I am gonna have to reapply some things from Quake. Like monsters and single player starts etc. But it should be fairly simple. As far as Scripting goes. I don't know really. Xonotic got some added functionality. But it's pretty rudimentary, like using CVARs for setting up damage scales for weapons etc. There's not really anything in terms of level scripting outside of the progs files that I've seen so far anyway.

Old Post 02-22-13 15:18 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Solid Snake

Mr. T said:

Pic looks like this guy:

LULZ

Old Post 02-25-13 22:54 #
Solid Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Conceptualizing, feeling myself around a bit. Trying to get where I was looking to go.
http://www.doglike.org/temp/xonotic...13230724-00.jpg

Old Post 05-13-13 22:12 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Showing off a bit of my cogs. Starting to get some work done on this again.

http://www.doglike.org/temp/xonotic...19043607-00.jpg
http://www.doglike.org/temp/xonotic...19042809-00.jpg

Problem I am having though is that I still need a programmer to help me with all the QuakeC (further developed version of QuakeC that is a lot more complicated so I don't understand anything of it myself). Anyway, I'll keep working on it whenever I can and eventually I'll have something to show that might be a bit more interesting and then maybe someone will be interesting to become my helper.

Old Post 07-19-13 03:43 #
kristus
Megablast!

No FPS is complete without banners. (Still very much working on their designs)
http://www.doglike.org/temp/xonotic...19111428-00.jpg

Old Post 07-19-13 10:20 #
geo
Forum Staple

Those banners are so tall they look like they should be climbable or at least using a knife to gently float down.

Old Post 07-19-13 11:55 #
geo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

You're thinking of another game. :p

Old Post 07-19-13 12:30 #
Khorus
Strife!

Those are some nice looking banners you've got there.

Old Post 07-19-13 15:58 #
Khorus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Thhanks, I'm more proud of the cogs though really. They took more effort. Though the banners was something that I was not sure how I wanted to make them before I decided on this method. (Last time when I worked with Doom 3 I made banners as simple textures so I could just paste them into the maps using patch meshes which is the common way to do it, though it didn't look nearly as good as this result)

Old Post 07-19-13 16:58 #