Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > What does your username mean?
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:13. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GreyGhost
I have a custom title now!

Joshy said:
I used to be under the handle 'ghost' on newdoom forums, and when I signed up here, I didn't want to be the inferior ghost to GreyGhost (the name was taken anyway heh).
Heh - my first attempt at registering as GreyGhost on Newdoom forums failed because my email address (which I'd only had a few weeks) had supposedly already been banned. Clicking on the "Contact Admin" link took me to a 404 page, so I still don't know the reason for that ban. Have you considered a name change to something like "Poltergeist", they're more awesome than common-or-garden type ghosts. ;-)

And guess what my real name is. Prizes for those who gets it right.
Is searching the /igames database considered to be cheating? If not, what's my prize?

Old Post 08-29-12 14:38 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
TheEndOfUs

Its the title of a introspective indie game about two comets darting through space together.

Old Post 08-29-12 14:41 #
TheEndOfUs is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
exp(x)

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthr...924#post1012924

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthr...0556#post840556

Old Post 08-29-12 15:24 #
exp(x) is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Coopersville
Supreme Gentleman

A nickname a friend gave to me.

Old Post 08-29-12 15:47 #
Coopersville is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
purist

exp(x) said:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthr...924#post1012924

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthr...0556#post840556

I answered in both those threads too. I think there was a third thread with the same question but which also asked how you choose your Avatar as well.

Old Post 08-29-12 15:57 #
purist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mr. Freeze
etc.

He's my favorite Batman villain.

Old Post 08-29-12 16:01 #
Mr. Freeze is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
yukib1t
Will DDR for food

Eris Falling said:
Actually it means you're a length of wood.

Mine just refers to this.

I've been wondering if it was a reference to that, or if you had consulted your pineal gland.

Old Post 08-29-12 16:22 #
yukib1t is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kaiser
Doom64 Guru

Used to go by Deathman because it sounded cool. Later I realized that it sounded dumb so closing my eyes, I picked a random word out of the dictionary. I ironically landed on 'Kaiser' and went with that. I've been sticking to this nickname for many years now.

Old Post 08-29-12 16:23 #
Kaiser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Looper

I used to play with "Trooper" (from Iron Maiden) but of course it's a common nick, so my friend suggested "Looper". I have used it for 12 years now, and I may have to change it again because of the movie "Looper", which may cause more Loopers to pop out.

When playing diablo2 or something like that where you have multiple characters, I just pick a place from atlas.

Old Post 08-29-12 17:52 #
Looper is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
PRIMEVAL

Adjective:
1. Of or resembling the earliest ages in the history of the world.
2. (of feelings or actions) Based on primitive instinct; raw and elementary: "a primeval desire".

Where I got it from:
http://twistedmetal.wikia.com/wiki/Primeval

Though I do also love the TV show of the same name, one of my favorites.

Old Post 08-29-12 18:18 #
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

PRIMEVAL said:
]
Though I do also love the TV show of the same name, one of my favorites.

Even after they killed off the main character?

Old Post 08-29-12 18:21 #
Eris Falling is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
chopkinsca
Nothing

I like to Chop Kins in Canada. Really, it's just my name: C for first name initial, Hopkins is my last name, and I live in Canada. Chopkins was the user name I was assigned in a computer class. I was new to the internet at the time so I used the same name to sign up for Yahoo mail. Chopkins was taken and it suggested it with "Ca" at the end, standing for "Canada".

On one forum long ago, I went by the 'name'; 5157007296. People thought it was just a phone number, but the numbers had a meaning.

Old Post 08-29-12 19:13 #
chopkinsca is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Doom Marine said:
... You jelly?

No. I would register as The Doom Marine or Man Of Doom or Marine Of Doom.

Old Post 08-29-12 19:14 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
PRIMEVAL

Eris Falling said:

Even after they killed off the main character?

Cutter? Yeah, that was a major bummer. I wanted him to come back in some sort of time paradox thing, sorta like how he lost Claudia.

Old Post 08-29-12 19:38 #
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Stilgar

As in Dune, which I was re-reading at the time. In the end I don't find it that fitting and this is pretty much the only place I use this name anymore.

Old Post 08-29-12 20:02 #
Stilgar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ComicMischief

printz said: (to Purist)
Ask an administrator if you really want [your username] changed :)

I wonder if they'd merge an old account with this one. Because I couldn't remember my old password, I made a new account. ComicMischief: I draw comics and am mischievous.

But I'd rather 'Jayextee' because I go by that name fucking everywhere.

Old Post 08-29-12 20:37 #
ComicMischief is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
HumanBones

I am made of hippo bones!

Old Post 08-29-12 20:47 #
HumanBones is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Chu
Forum Regular

My nick was originally Corbachu. Got banned or something so when I came back I just shortened it to simply Chu. Ridiculous username...when Yahoo first opened up registration in the 90's my father asked me to pick a name. I was "into" Pokemon at the time so I just merged my first name with the latter half of Pikachu. So, uh, yeah. I don't use that handle at all anymore, though my friends still call me that.

I've tried contacting someone to change it ever since but, oh well. It's short and simple.

Old Post 08-29-12 21:25 #
Chu is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Mine is the first letter of my first name (A)ndrew and my last name (Leaver) Aleaver

WoW

Old Post 08-29-12 21:35 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Six

Six

Definition: 7

Old Post 08-29-12 21:41 #
Six is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Torn
google is your master

The first years online I went by TorntheDark (althrough I still use that some places). It was madeup from a guy, who was not that good at english around that time. :|

In danish torn is the word for thorn and I thought it was the same thing in english, so basicly the black thorn.
After some time on here I asked linguica to change my name to Torn.

It is also what people will be after a direct hit by a bfg ball in deathmatch. ;)

Old Post 08-29-12 22:21 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

It's the name of my solo music project I started in 1999.

Old Post 08-29-12 22:28 #
TimeOfDeath is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dew
experts

Looper said:
I used to play with "Trooper" (from Iron Maiden) but of course it's a common nick, so my friend suggested "Looper". I have used it for 12 years now, and I may have to change it again because of the movie "Looper", which may cause more Loopers to pop out.

pooper is still free and thematic to your other alias!

i use dew since mid-90's because it makes more sense than swq or fre and it fits into mortal kombat top10 scores.

Old Post 08-29-12 22:38 #
dew is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mechadon

I am the Don of Mechas.

Old Post 08-29-12 23:53 #
Mechadon is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

I would expect "schwerpunk" to be nothing less than a heavily built, tattooed punk.

Old Post 08-30-12 00:07 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Looper

dew said:

pooper is still free and thematic to your other alias!

Hahaha... ... >:(

Old Post 08-30-12 01:31 #
Looper is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Joshy

GreyGhost said:
Have you considered a name change to something like "Poltergeist", they're more awesome than common-or-garden type ghosts. ;-)

POLTERGOOST!

Is searching the /igames database considered to be cheating? If not, what's my prize?
I'd consider that a smart move, well done. Your prize is... an enhanced sense of pride! Enjoy! ;-)

Old Post 08-30-12 01:38 #
Joshy is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
glenzinho
Forum Regular

As has been pointed out by exp, this topic has been done several times before. Maybe the newer users or people who haven't posted in one of these threads before can discuss their usernames this time? Or if you have something to add to previous replies? The older threads are linked below:

2011 2009 2006 2005 2004

Old Post 08-30-12 10:09 #
glenzinho is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
schwerpunk

Being a new member, this is all fresh to me. Though perhaps next time, it would be better to resurrect an old thread and add to it (though I've noticed this happens less often on Doomworld than most other forums).

Old Post 08-30-12 12:06 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
glenzinho
Forum Regular

Well, it was fresh to me too! DW doesn't seem to regard resurrection kindly, maybe a bad Archvile experience in their childhood... ;) I've seen plenty of themes regurgitated over again and again, and there's always the older threads for a fuller picture I guess, but adding to those older threads is just unacceptable behaviour... bad schwerpunk! ;) Plus I didn't realise there were old threads to add to until it was pointed out in this thread, so yeah, I've discovered new (old?) things now at least. You know what they say, everything old is new again.

Old Post 08-30-12 12:12 #
glenzinho is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote