Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > What does your username mean?
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:26. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
D_GARG
Forum Regular

DOOM gargoyle

refers to the WOODGARG texture

Old Post 08-30-12 12:17 #
D_GARG is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
HWGuy

I am Heavy Weapons Guy. And this... is my explanation.

At the time I just liked playing as the HWGuy when TFC was still popular. About two years after I joined here, I changed my online name to Chow Yun Thin and stuck with it ever since.

Old Post 08-30-12 14:07 #
HWGuy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zahid

devout....

Old Post 08-30-12 14:38 #
Zahid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

I found older ones!

Old Post 08-30-12 16:28 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hell's Vendetta

glenzinho said:
As has been pointed out by exp, this topic has been done several times before. Maybe the newer users or people who haven't posted in one of these threads before can discuss their usernames this time? Or if you have something to add to previous replies? The older threads are linked below:

2011 2009 2006 2005 2004

See 2011 for mine.

Old Post 08-30-12 16:46 #
Hell's Vendetta is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ClumsyDoomer

ClumsyDoomer. Just cuz I have damaged legs and back and I can't walk and stand normally. But my legs are very good - I can run very fast and jump very high, but they hurt too much, so I can't walk and stand like others. Also my parents called me "clumsy"...

Old Post 08-31-12 16:52 #
ClumsyDoomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ed

Erectile Destruction

Old Post 09-01-12 06:08 #
Ed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
jdagenet

Aleaver said:
Mine is the first letter of my first name (A)ndrew and my last name (Leaver) Aleaver

Thats exactly how mine is, (J)ason Dagenet.

Old Post 09-01-12 07:04 #
jdagenet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Kristus - Jesus Christ in Swedish. My real name is "Christian". I am a god amongs men and you all should bow to me in reverance.

Old Post 09-01-12 08:01 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
InsanityBringer

I recall cobbling together this when I was 12 and registering at some forum.

I feel it's one of those painful memories of my stupider self that sticks with me to this day, and yet I can't think of anything better. I dislike my username terribly though some don't want me to change it because they're all used to it, and others tell me that it's fine.

Maybe in time, I'll be able to finally come up with something that doesn't suck near as much but people can still identify me with. Maybe.

Old Post 09-01-12 16:14 #
InsanityBringer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

A name I came up with in 2007 for the internet and has been using since. I think it had something to do with Star Wars as I first used it on Massassi Net.

Old Post 09-01-12 16:31 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
C30N9

The numbers "30" and "9" mean my birthday (30th of September) and "C" is short for company.

Who knows? Maybe This will be my company's name in the future.

Old Post 09-01-12 17:36 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimi

People used to call me Jimi for no reason at all. Then it kinda got stuck on me as I thought it was a cool name.. but now.. ehh.. I don't feel like having any name at all, like the Doctor, except that I don't have a title either, so you couldn't call me anything at all.

I think what I've written to some of my profiles as a "funny/joke description" of myself in some webpages:"Raving madman from the past, insane lunatic at the present, split unpersonality of the future!" It feels a bit like I've reached that split unpersonality. Maybe I need to update the description then, or maybe I die when the split unpersonality phase ends?

Uhh...

Old Post 09-01-12 17:52 #
Jimi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Raptomex

I was in high school at the time when I created it. Sophmore I think. I wanted a screen name that didn't have any numbers and I really wanted Raptor but of course it was taken. So I thought Raptomex sounded cool.

Old Post 09-02-12 08:28 #
Raptomex is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

All the cool names were taken and I got fed up trying to find one which wasn't claimed allready. So I just randomly threw some words together and came up with this name. I am Dutch though, at least that part is correct. But I am not the Devil, altough sometimes the beast gets out.

Old Post 09-02-12 15:59 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Siggi

http://i.imgur.com/qkQaj.jpg

Old Post 09-02-12 17:24 #
Siggi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
eargosedown
Forum Regular

The one I use here makes no fucking sense. I don't even know why young-me used it.

The other ones I use:
Alay -- Random name generator came up with that for a character I used in an RPG. It just stuck since.
Alaykitty -- Combination of that first pseudo name plus my nickname (which comes from my middle name, Katherine)
Kaspin -- Another hit of the glorious random name generators.

I usually just use Sarah now, since everyone I play with calls me by name anyways *shrug*

Old Post 09-02-12 18:39 #
eargosedown is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

eargosedown (despite you posting elsewhere that it's read differently) sounds sadistic, like cutting someone's ear and watching it fall, which fits Doom's gory nature.

Old Post 09-02-12 18:54 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Dan + Anarchy = me

For more info, check exp's links.

exp(x) said:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthr...924#post1012924

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthr...0556#post840556

Old Post 09-02-12 19:59 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
killer2

I'll admit I don't really have much imagination. I came up with this name when I was about 12 and needed an online name for Skulltag, so I thought killer would fit. I thought I'd add something to it so it doesn't sound completely generic. For some reason I sill like this name, despite it being very bland.

Other names I go by:
Aeodkiller:on most big forums and games, killer2 was taken so I needed an alternative. I used killer again, and combined it with what was my favourite WAD at the time

1337 GH057:I had a phase on Skulltag when I kept aliasing. I've made a lot of random aliases, this being one of them. I made it on a laptop that wasn't at my home. About a year later, I returned to that laptop and found this alias was still on, and found it to be pretty cool. Since then, I continue to sometimes use this name on Skulltag (Zandronum), and I also use it as my summoner name in League of Legends.
I will probably use it from now on, since it sounds a lot better than Killer2.

Old Post 09-02-12 19:59 #
killer2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cannonball

I was given my nickname back at school for the fact I had a hard head, much to some peoples pain back then. This noggin has survived falling down the stairs and cracking my head against the pavement and not sustaining anything more serious than a slight bump on the head.

Old Post 09-02-12 20:03 #
cannonball is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiTROACTiVE
Forum Regular

The word Nitro, in my user name is based on an extremely explosive chemical named nitroglycerin, which is a prety cool explosive to me.

The word active, in my user name is based on the word "radioactive", and we all know radioactivity can make you sick.

The word Studios was placed in because I made some Doom WADs and I'm currently working on a huge project. I also draw art too at my deviantART page.

So this basically tell that my username NitroactiveStudios means, that I'm radioactive and explosive, along with telling that I make WADs and drawings.

Old Post 09-03-12 01:29 #
NiTROACTiVE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pavera

http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/pavera

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pavera

Take your pick. I also like to go by Pavs Wilco.

Old Post 09-03-12 01:38 #
Pavera is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

For a long time, I've been drinking far more soda than regular water (yes, I know this is extremely unhealthy), so I picked this name in 2007 to replace my old name "Krome the Kitten", so as to dissociate from it. If you think my posts are bad now, you should've seen how I posted 8 years ago when I was 10, which is when I came up with the Krome name.

printz said:
eargosedown (despite you posting elsewhere that it's read differently) sounds sadistic, like cutting someone's ear and watching it fall, which fits Doom's gory nature.

That's not how I interpreted it at all. O_o I thought it had to do with a dog's floppy ears hanging down due to gravity.

Old Post 09-03-12 04:48 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

http://i.imgur.com/x6hif.jpg

Old Post 09-03-12 04:50 #
esselfortium is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mr. T

IDK back in the early days of the 21st century I was too internet-naive to know that there was a Mr. T on every corner of the internet.

Another handle I liked back then was FarQ (lol)

Old Post 09-03-12 05:10 #
Mr. T is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Stygian

My name was inspired by the TNT Evilution map, "River Styx".

I have been posting here since I was in middle school, but, oddly, I am still a Junior Member.

Old Post 09-03-12 05:16 #
Stygian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xaser
Forum Staple

X-Ray Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.

Actually, it meant nothing at all when I first came up with the name when I was 8 or something. I'm severely lucky that it somehow seems un-lame enough that I've had no desire to permanently change it ever. o_O

Old Post 09-03-12 05:17 #
Xaser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doom_is_great

Mine means exactly what it says.

Old Post 09-03-12 05:35 #
doom_is_great is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
WildWeasel
Resident Castlevania Super-Fanboy

Read up.

Old Post 09-03-12 05:58 #
WildWeasel is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote