Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > What does your username mean?
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:17. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

CodeImp said:
I didn't say it is a registered trademark ;) But yea, you could see it as a brand name I guess.

A registered trademark would be CodeImp®. CodeImp™ is for a plain-old, unregistered trademark.

Old Post 09-05-12 20:55 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cacatou

My username is cockatoo in French. When I registered for this site, I had just bought a stuffed cockatoo while in Canberra. I was reading those tiny little booklets that come with them and I read the French one and voila.

Old Post 09-05-12 22:01 #
Cacatou is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Lag

one of the stage names i've been using for a long time is Byron Lag.
people call me a variety of names with lag in them:
lag
lagus
lagaloo
lagalicious

i use all these names online, but sometimes just The Lag...i suppose kind of like a title.

Last edited by The Lag on 09-05-12 at 23:21

Old Post 09-05-12 23:04 #
The Lag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
killer2

But the real question is...do you REALLY lag?

Old Post 09-05-12 23:06 #
killer2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Lag

hehe. i'm actually quite punctual.
LAG are the first 3 letters of my last name, backwards.
i am an electro-head and i have dj'd and produced electro for years...electro being synth and drum machine, robot-y, computer music...so i thought Lag was fitting way back when i made the stage name.
of course, i couldn't get rid of the name if i tried at this point.
almost no one calls me by my real name (for years now) i'm stuck with this one for better or worse.

Old Post 09-05-12 23:18 #
The Lag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phendrena

I needed a decent name for my Twi'lek tailor in Star Wars Galaxies, so looking around for inspiration I decided to use a name from Metroid Prime. My favourite area in Metroid Prime was the Phendrana Drifts, so I nabbed the name and changed one letter. There we have it, Phendrena. So I use it everywhere now!

Old Post 09-06-12 10:51 #
Phendrena is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheSpazztikOne

Meh, mine was just sprung up from the fact that my old artist name was "Sid the Spaz", which evolved into other things than just 'Spaz'. Then it just became the username I tend to go by now. : P

Old Post 09-06-12 12:39 #
TheSpazztikOne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ashura9699
Registered just to make one post

That old glitch from Sonic 2.
Damn, what a nice game.

Old Post 09-07-12 05:06 #
Ashura9699 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
xxbio Warfare11

I thought it was a cool name in middle school and for a gamertag and I have just stuck with it.

Old Post 09-07-12 05:17 #
xxbio Warfare11 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

Ashura9699 said:
That old glitch from Sonic 2.
Damn, what a nice game.

Sonic CD was better. Sure, it had clunkier controls, but it had much more interesting level layouts, and it had a really cool atmosphere with a consistent art direction and overall feel. Sonic 2 on the other hand was probably the most bland game in the main games. It had linear levels and a very inconsistent art direction and feel. The addition of Tails was pretty cool, and it wasn't really that bad of a game, but I feel that it was one of the less polished games.

Sonic 3 was basically a much more polished version of the Sonic 2 game design.

Old Post 09-07-12 06:37 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Lag

i'm still pissed that the desert level that was featured on the back of the box never made it into the final game. (sonic 2)

Old Post 09-07-12 07:52 #
geX
Forum Regular

http://www.emuparadise.me/fup/up/36951-Gex_%5BNTSC-U%5D-1.jpg

I remember I really wanted the full version of this game after playing the demo. And i bugged Shaviro to get it for me, and then he started calling me Gex. I kept it.

I actually do like geckos and green.

Old Post 09-07-12 09:50 #
geX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Imp
I'LL CUT YOU BITCH!

Mine is based off this enemy in a old game...I think it was Hexen or Duke Nukem 3d..Cant quite recall...

Old Post 09-07-12 18:56 #
Imp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
yukib1t
Will DDR for food

Imp said:
Mine is based off this enemy in a old game...I think it was Hexen or Duke Nukem 3d..Cant quite recall...
Wasn't it that one game that really sucked and was quickly forgotten?

Old Post 09-07-12 19:25 #
yukib1t is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

That one with the bad resolution?

Old Post 09-07-12 19:51 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gnudist
Green Marine

If you can't figure mine out at least a little bit you're a stupid stupid imp.

The part you'd be forgiven for not knowing is the specific GNU my name refers to.

Old Post 09-09-12 16:10 #
gnudist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Imp said:
Does it involve chickens?

Old Post 09-10-12 01:31 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Imp
I'LL CUT YOU BITCH!

GreyGhost said:
Does it involve chickens?

Yeah..I think so! Damn...Bugging the shit out of me...What game was it..I remember giant robot turkeys and some dude's head on a stick talking to me in a different language

Old Post 09-11-12 13:19 #
Imp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
killer2

Imp said:

Yeah..I think so! Damn...Bugging the shit out of me...What game was it..I remember giant robot turkeys and some dude's head on a stick talking to me in a different language

Ah, I remember now! The one with the dogs and the blue guys! I used to play it too.

Old Post 09-11-12 14:21 #
killer2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Toenail

Just a silly randomly generated name from one of the old Worms games.

Old Post 09-11-12 18:33 #
Captain Toenail is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
killer2

Ah yeah, I remember the silly names from worms. They were so funny.

Old Post 09-11-12 19:28 #
Sokoro

My username means nothing. I just made that one up, then I found out that some african village is called Sokoro.

Old Post 09-11-12 22:37 #
Sokoro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dethstriken

Dethklok is awesome. Stricken is a pretty good disturbed song. Put together is pretty badass.

Old Post 09-11-12 22:45 #
dethstriken is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiTROACTiVE
Forum Regular

Well since I changed my username recently I'll make an update to this post I made back then. My name does still mean that I'm radioactive and explosive, only there's not "Studios" in my username anymore.

Old Post 09-12-12 00:56 #
NiTROACTiVE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Philnemba

My name came from this guy from Dragonball Z.

Old Post 10-02-12 05:08 #
Philnemba is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xane123

@Imp I bet the game you're taking about was not really advanced and had weird pink things too?

Old Post 10-02-12 19:53 #
Xane123 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

It's a family nickname in the Spring family so instead of thinking of a new one I stuck with the family nickname.

Old Post 10-02-12 20:41 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Harmata
Loser

"Harmata" means "cannon" in Ukrainian. First version was Vasyl (my name) Harmata, because it sounds funny in Russian and Ukrainian, but it was too long. In Xonotic i also have cute little gun at the end.

Old Post 10-02-12 20:59 #
Harmata is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Du Mhan Yhu

Doom on you (Du Mhan Yhu)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...Doom%20on%20you

:D

Old Post 10-02-12 22:10 #
Du Mhan Yhu is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

esselfortium said:
I just can't get enough sod, you see. You might call me a sodaholic.

esselfortium said:
I find it easier to go on living when I have some sod to comfort me.

No, damn it, it's SODA-holic, not SOD-aholic! Jeez man!

Old Post 10-02-12 22:25 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote