Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > What does your username mean?
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:18. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Zahid

waiting for vdgg,gggmork,j4rio,sav88,jc,kimo xvirus,phml,Qaatar,xitvono and stx vile's explanations....as im unable to conclude any thing out of these names particularly:)

Old Post 12-06-12 21:02 #
Zahid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
j4rio
Forum Staple

A pointless bunch of letters that have a silly backstory. That's about it.

Old Post 12-06-12 21:31 #
j4rio is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ribbiks

There was once a woman who wanted a small child but didn't know where to get one. So she went to a witch for help.

"A little child?" said the witch. "That's easy. Here's a magic seed. Plant it in a flower pot and see what happens!" The woman thanked the witch, paid her with a piece of silver, and went home to plant the magic seed. As soon as it touched the soil, the seed grew into a tulip, whose flower opened with a pop. In the middle of the flower sat a tiny girl.

"Why, the pretty little thing is hardly as big as my thumb!" cried the woman. "I am going to call her Thumbelina."

The woman made Thumbelina a bed from a walnut shell. Instead of going out, Thumbelina played on the kitchen table. Her favorite game was sailing across a bowl of water in a boat made from a tulip leaf. As she sailed, she sang in a high, sweet voice.

One night, an old toad got in through an open window and hopped down onto the kitchen table. "just the wife for my son!" the toad declared when it saw Thumbelina sleeping in her tiny bed. The toad picked up the walnut shell and hopped out through the window into the garden. At the bottom of the garden, there was a stream with muddy banks, and that was where the old toad lived with her son. He was even damper and uglier than his mother. When he saw the pretty little girl asleep in the walnut shell, all could say, "Ribbik! Ribbiks!", "Not so loud!" whispered the old toad. "If you wake her up, she'll run away. We'll put her on a water lily leaf in the middle of the stream so she won't be able to escape. Then we clear out the best room for the wedding."

In the morning, when she woke up, Thumbelina was startled to find herself on a big green leaf in the middle of a stream.

The End.

Old Post 12-06-12 23:12 #
Ribbiks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian

And then John was a zombie.

Old Post 12-06-12 23:36 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glenzinho
Forum Regular

Obsidian said:
And then John was a zombie. And then Thumbelina was the Ribbiks
FTFY

Old Post 12-07-12 00:16 #
glenzinho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian

glenzinho said:
FTFY

I don't even know what that means. X-D

Old Post 12-07-12 00:20 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glenzinho
Forum Regular

Obsidian said:

I don't even know what that means. X-D

Research, my young lad.

Old Post 12-07-12 00:24 #
glenzinho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny

I have this user name on a couple other forums as well, which I was registered at before I registered at Doomworld. Since I work on mods, I stuck with it for the sake of consistency and to avoid confusion. But anyway, when originally coming up with it a few years ago, I thought it was important to have a screen name that referred to my addiction, which is also often part of what keeps me working on things like game projects, school, and keeps both hemispheres of my brain going at full speed. It's my lifeblood.

Or, to put it in simpler terms: because I fucking love caffeine.

Old Post 12-07-12 04:02 #
Caffeine Freak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

Obsidian said:

I don't know why I'm laughing so hard at this, probably because I can't understand how you even got to it...

Old Post 12-07-12 16:19 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
massacrebosco
Mini-Member

massacre - a cheat code from Heretic
bosco - My nickname

I still don't know why I chose this cheat code as a part of my username. May be ........... just cool.

Old Post 12-07-12 16:47 #
massacrebosco is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
PRIMEVAL

Obsidian said:

No, I'm a primeval.

Old Post 12-08-12 07:52 #
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
yukib1t
Will DDR for food

Obsidian said:

"No zombie, you are the John."

And then zombie was a John.

Old Post 12-08-12 08:25 #
yukib1t is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

PRIMEVAL said:

No, I'm a primeval.

I wonder if this is what will happen every time someone says "John was a zombie" :D

Old Post 12-08-12 09:33 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ragnor
I do see the humour in a mod sneakily changing my title

Mine is the result of being way too tired when I registered...Ragnor is my second name (Long story short, I have two families, one adoptive, one blood, and have two seperate names), its norwegian and is based on the very famous word/term Ragnarok. I almost always use Devalaous for my username, which is from a set of stories based on RPGs that I wrote in my teenage years, Devalaous was the second form of a recurring demonic entity, where the three forms were all based on the words devil and demon (Diavalos, Devalaous, Daemonaous). I'd request a name change, but I dont wont the few people that recognise me to not know who on earth I am :p

That and my custom title that I love would probably be changed.

eargosedown said:
The one I use here makes no fucking sense. I don't even know why young-me used it.

I always assumed it was "ear goes down", maybe some obscure rabbit reference, ie Doom's ending. But I guess I think too much about such things.

I also assumed "Eris Falling" was a Drakengard 2 reference...but then I remembered most members here seem to hate consoles

"Xaser" is probably my favourite username here, so simple yet so unique.

Old Post 12-08-12 11:21 #
Ragnor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
CorSair
Forum Regular

Ragnor said:
"Xaser" is probably my favourite username here, so simple yet so unique.

Speaking of Xaser...
:P

Oh, and mine?
The faction in Freelancer. And their best ship. Don't know why I snapped it as my nick. But whatever. :P

Old Post 12-08-12 12:21 #
CorSair is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
massacrebosco
Mini-Member

yukib1t said:

"No zombie, you are the John."

And then zombie was a John.

But John is a great musician.

Old Post 12-08-12 12:33 #
massacrebosco is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rizera

Mine is a nickname derived from my own name.

Old Post 12-08-12 15:29 #
Rizera is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
valkiriforce
Forum Regular

I thought I was being clever and cool when coming up with valkiriforce instead of valkyrieforce, until I remembered that I had heard it before from this game.

Old Post 12-08-12 22:32 #
valkiriforce is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
188DarkRevived
Banned

Basically means that I'm back online after an epic battle with a troll who destroyed my previous identity. 'Nuff said.

Old Post 12-09-12 01:02 #
188DarkRevived is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

eargosedown said:
The one I use here makes no fucking sense. I don't even know why young-me used it.

Ragnor said:
I always assumed it was "ear goes down", maybe some obscure rabbit reference, ie Doom's ending. But I guess I think too much about such things.

I can easily one-up Ragnor in the over-thinking department. I always thought it was a deliberate misspelling of "Ergo, sit down"; a cryptic reference to something only she's in full familiarity with.

Old Post 12-09-12 11:46 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vaporizer
Forum Regular

Zahid said:
waiting for vdgg ....as im unable to conclude any thing out of these names particularly:)
I remember him saying it's the acronym of Van Der Graaf Generator [sic], a progressive rock band.

Old Post 12-09-12 12:03 #
Vaporizer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

Zahid said:
waiting for vdgg,gggmork,j4rio,sav88,jc,kimo xvirus,phml,Qaatar,xitvono and stx vile's explanations....as im unable to conclude any thing out of these names particularly:)

"gggmork" is based on gmork, a character from "The Neverending Story".
"sav88" is probably Artem's initials followed by the birth year.
JC also goes by the name JCD on Zdaemon, maybe that means JC Denton from "Deus Ex"?

Old Post 12-09-12 12:16 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl

Although I know about the gmork character I never once actually thought of the character every time I saw gggmork's username strangely enough.

Old Post 12-09-12 12:28 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
I'myourtarget

It means that I am your target.

Also that I am completely unoriginal and took my name from a Youtube video.

Old Post 12-11-12 21:40 #
I'myourtarget is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mogul

As for stx vile, it's pretty simple. I hope I can accurately recall the details, though. Vile was a member of Stickmen. Stickmen were a Quake clan that used "stx" as a tag on IRC and something like "o-|-<" as their in-game tag. "Vile" is simply Drew's nick. So, if I were in the clan, maybe on IRC I'd be stx-Mogul or something. No big deal. If there's a meaning behind "Vile" other than "It's short, simple, and menacing," I'd be surprised.

Old Post 12-11-12 22:36 #
Mogul is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zombi
Green Marine

http://auralabortions.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/zombi.jpg

Old Post 12-12-12 00:18 #
zombi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
grouchbag

GRRRRRRRRR!?!LOL?

Old Post 12-12-12 02:57 #
grouchbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Egregor

Egregor is an occult concept representing a "thoughtform" or "collective group mind", an autonomous psychic entity made up of, and influencing, the thoughts of a group of people. The symbiotic relationship between an egregor and its group has been compared to the more recent, non-occult concepts of the corporation (as a legal entity) and the meme.

Also, as some of you may know I started out with the name 'Eregore' which was me registering, while high, and drunk . . . and in a rush to ask an editing question. I thought I had spelt it correctly (or rather I didn't second guess it). Before that I was a habitual lurker (and perhaps still am).

Old Post 12-12-12 05:07 #
Egregor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anarkavre
Mini-Member

My interwebs name is the combination of Anarki and Cadavre from Quake III Arena.

Old Post 12-13-12 16:13 #
Anarkavre is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
(empty)
Mini-Member

My name is sort of a "Notch" thing; it doesn't mean anything, it's not a reference, it's just to look interesting.

I can't remember why I put parentheses around it on here, though. I use it without those everywhere else.

Old Post 12-13-12 18:00 #
(empty) is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote