Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Gallows, new album. Hardcore?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:54. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TheEndOfUs

Anyone out there? Gallows are a hardcore punk band from Watford, England. They made a splash in the hardcore scene with "Orchestra of Wolves", their 2006 debut. After that, they did another LP, called "Grey Britain", from 2009. Then suddenly, their lead vocalist, Frank "The angry ginger-midget" Carter, decides to call the quits. They reform with new vocalist Wade MacNeil to record "Gallows".

This album rocks! I cant get enough of it! Never understood the comparisons to The Refused on their previous albums, but now I do. I know next to nothing about Hardcore, someone on here who can point me to some good bands? Been through the oldschool, looking for new-ish sounding bands, anything goes...

Old Post 09-12-12 18:11 #
TheEndOfUs is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
walter confalonieri

cool song....

sorry but i don't hear punk from ages, but a good example of hardcore punk i know is Sick of it all and Anti-flag...

Old Post 09-12-12 18:27 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheEndOfUs

My friends bully me because I like Anti-Flag, they call it kiddie-punk. I don't care, Anti-Flag is awsome!

Old Post 09-12-12 19:01 #
TheEndOfUs is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Lag

Trap Them

Old Post 09-12-12 20:22 #
The Lag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheEndOfUs

Yes! Thats it, awsome brutal stuff! Gonna check them out. Lyrics remind me of that Misfits song, Eagles dare or something?

Old Post 09-12-12 20:47 #
Megalyth
I embrace change

I saw Gallows at Warped Tour 2010 (?) in Long Island, they had a HUGE circle-pit that I partook of and was nearly dead by the end of the song. That's pretty much all I remember. Good times.

Old Post 09-12-12 22:06 #
Megalyth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheEndOfUs

Megalyth said:
I saw Gallows at Warped Tour 2010 (?) in Long Island, they had a HUGE circle-pit that I partook of and was nearly dead by the end of the song. That's pretty much all I remember. Good times.

Well, if that is the only thing you remember, it musta been a good show :)

Old Post 09-12-12 23:07 #
The Lag

this is not new and the band isn't even around anymore, but i am posting it anyway cos i felt like listening to it and sharing...legends:

i'll probably post new stuff and/or different styles of hardcore later on, if i remember. i'm getting old and the memory ain't what it used to be.

Old Post 09-13-12 08:38 #
The Lag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Agnostic Front's older stuff is hard to beat. Not sure why they changed their sound. Heavier doesn't always mean better.

The Exploited's later stuff also qualifies imo. It might be too metal-influenced for hardcore punk purists though.

Last edited by DoomUK on 09-13-12 at 10:47

Old Post 09-13-12 10:42 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheEndOfUs

I like a couple of songs from Agnostic Front's later albums, but the 90's stuff & older is better. Something's Gotta Give is a personal favourite. Exploited are always cool.

Victims are a Swedish band, pretty good

Last edited by TheEndOfUs on 09-13-12 at 15:30

Old Post 09-13-12 14:36 #
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

The Lag said:
Trap Them

No offense, but whenever I hear any sort of music that involves screaming the only thing that comes to mind is extreme retardation. It's on par with the likes of, something like Passenger of Shit.

I know people have musical tastes but I just do not understand why someone could enjoy sceaming vocals...unless you're really angsty.

Old Post 09-14-12 01:42 #
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

TheEndOfUs said:
Anti-Flag

http://www.mediaupdate.co.za/blog/BLOGIMAGES/77.jpg

Old Post 09-14-12 02:03 #
Technician is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Lag

Platinum Shell said:

No offense, but whenever I hear any sort of music that involves screaming the only thing that comes to mind is extreme retardation. It's on par with the likes of, something like Passenger of Shit.

I know people have musical tastes but I just do not understand why someone could enjoy sceaming vocals...unless you're really angsty.

this does not offend me at all. i'm 32 years old and like, have been in bands playing, have dj'd and have produced almost every style of music from hardcore punk to noise to electro to funk to soul to hip-hop. it's all good. people have different tastes. my tastes tend to be very broad since i have grown up and have spent most of my life in very diverse communities of music lovers.
if you think hardcore is retarded then i can only imagine what you would think of harsh noise or power electronics.

Old Post 09-14-12 04:48 #
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Old Post 09-14-12 05:44 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote