Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Confusion with steam

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:26. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Springy

Hello, I went onto my games section of steam and selected all games and found this. Can't seem to upload a picture so I'll explain with the use of words. I have found Saint's Row the third in there with an option saying 2 days left and a download bit. Has Saints Row the third gone F2P? Or what's happened? I am relatively new to steam and seems like a dumb question but thought some of you steam users might know.
Cheers

Dave

Old Post 09-21-12 20:04 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
chopkinsca
Nothing

It's a special, it's free to play for the weekend. Steam does things like this now and then. It confused me too when it first happened.

Old Post 09-21-12 20:06 #
chopkinsca is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

Oh right, I just wondered because when doing a bit of googling I didn't find any news regarding it and it had a 10.99 price tag when searching it on steam. Thanks for clearing that up. EDIT: One more thing actually, by F2P for the weekend does that only mean you get it for the weekend like a trial? Or some deal where you actually keep it?

Old Post 09-21-12 20:08 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

No, just the weekend. Come Monday, you'll have to pay to play any more.

Old Post 09-21-12 20:39 #
Bucket is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

Thanks for the reply, I noticed when searching steam and I forgot to edit the post, purchased it and have been waiting about 5 minuts for it too reach 1%.

Old Post 09-21-12 21:01 #
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

Downloading a steam game on a f2p weekend definitely takes a while. Last time I did it was when Unreal Tournament 3 was on its weekend a couple years ago, and I never got to play it (but I bought it anyway afterward).

Old Post 09-21-12 21:44 #
Nomad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

Nomad said:
Downloading a steam game on a f2p weekend definitely takes a while. Last time I did it was when Unreal Tournament 3 was on its weekend a couple years ago, and I never got to play it (but I bought it anyway afterward).

That has seriously reduced my worry by a lot. I thought it was something to do with my system so thanks for clearing that up.

Old Post 09-21-12 21:56 #
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Nomad said:
Downloading a steam game on a f2p weekend definitely takes a while.

The idea is that the download finishes Monday at 00:01 AM.

Old Post 09-21-12 22:44 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

When I first saw this I thought someone gifted me Brink until I looked at the timer and into how it worked. Sucked that after installing it I wasn't even able t play it because of hardware issues, such as, a lack of hardware.

Old Post 09-22-12 00:02 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dragonsbrethren

Gez said:

The idea is that the download finishes Sunday at 1:01 PM PST.

FTFY, and they actually give the option to preload for free weekends now. Not sure if that's always been the case and I just missed it before, but the last couple I've taken notice to have given the option, including this.

Clonehunter said:
When I first saw this I thought someone gifted me Brink until I looked at the timer and into how it worked. Sucked that after installing it I wasn't even able t play it because of hardware issues, such as, a lack of hardware.

That's probably for the best. The free weekend convinced me that I'd never touch the game again even if it was made free permanently. I can't even remember what I didn't like about it anymore, it was that bad.

Old Post 09-23-12 06:21 #
Dragonsbrethren is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote