Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Help get Postal 2 on Steam

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:09. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
theDoomguy2011

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/93000640

Old Post 09-26-12 17:33 #
theDoomguy2011 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

Er, why? I thought the game was fine being distributed like it already was.

Old Post 09-26-12 18:11 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

Isn't Postal 2 on GOG? That's sufficient for me.

Old Post 09-26-12 18:44 #
Nomad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Better off on GOG. Half because of he bonus stuff, like, soundtrack, or whatever.

Old Post 09-26-12 22:48 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

It's also free when you buy the movie.
Which isn't bad.

Old Post 09-27-12 01:25 #
Bucket is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Rambosee
Rambodo

Goddamit you beat me to it theDoomguy2011.

Simple really, if you post about our Greenlight somewhere other than Steam, such as on popular forums you already have an account with* (4-chan, Reddit, PCGAMER, Rock Paper Shotgun, Giant Bomb ect) and post the link here, I'll make sure you are one of the first to get a key for POSTAL 2!

Old Post 09-27-12 02:39 #
Rambosee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sodaholic

Oh, so this thread's only reason for existence was just a cheap attempt at getting the game for free for yourself. Great.

Bucket said:
It's also free when you buy the movie.
Which isn't bad.

If you mean the deal of getting the game as a bonus, it's not bad. If you meant the movie itself, then no, it was terrible.

Old Post 09-27-12 05:56 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Chu
Forum Regular

I'd prefer an XBOX port myself, and the movie rocked. Hillarious dialogue, good acting, steady pacing...it's like Uwe Boll took those shots to the head seriously and buckled down. I suppose it was only brief, as his later movies more or less sucked (again). David Foley was great in that movie, and Zack Ward did a good job as the Postal Dude.

Old Post 09-27-12 06:06 #
Chu is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

Sodaholic said:
If you mean the deal of getting the game as a bonus, it's not bad. If you meant the movie itself, then no, it was terrible.

I wouldn't go that far. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was GREAT, either. But it wasn't bad.

Old Post 09-27-12 06:08 #
Bucket is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

The movie wasn't as awful as most of Boll's other attempts at adapting video game franchises to film, but it wasn't a gem either. I appreciated that in the movie he poked fun at himself for being an awful person.

Also I enjoyed his movie Rampage, so come at me bros.

Old Post 09-27-12 06:29 #
Nomad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sodaholic

The movie certainly was better than his other stuff, but I still didn't like it very much. Not going to press the issue though.

I'd like to see a new Postal game that doesn't suck, because I hated Postal 3, it felt cheap and poorly put together. Hell, even RWS doesn't like it.

Old Post 09-27-12 06:31 #
Chu
Forum Regular

Sodaholic said:

I'd like to see a new Postal game that doesn't suck, because I hated Postal 3, it felt cheap and poorly put together. Hell, even RWS doesn't like it.

Yeah, but that's RWS fault...employing a company half-way around the world to do something that's THEIR flagship franchise isn't the way to make a game. Considering how horrible it turned out to be (and the original devs falling off the face of the earth in sheer embarassment), nobody should be surprised. They need to get their asses in gear and make a worthy sequel to the original Postal. P2 was great, but it was missing that "dark" feel of the first game. If they went back to that, even as an updated isometric shooter (which would be pretty amaazing), then they can have my money again.

Old Post 09-27-12 06:34 #
Chu is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sodaholic

Chu said:
P2 was great, but it was missing that "dark" feel of the first game.

YES. They need to return to the very dark feel of the original game, it was awesome.

Old Post 09-27-12 06:45 #