Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TwinBeast

Loudspeakers?

So, uh.. suggest me some good and not too expensive loudspekears, maybe some 100-200€? Just a basic 2.0 system that can be used with PC, but not some crappy small PC speakers either. And definitely no subwoofer. My soundcard has optical in/out, and the usual line in/out.

--

My current system is 2.1 Creative Gigaworks T3. It's sort of ok, but the subwoofer wakes up my snake if I use it during the day, and probably isn't very nice for her anyway? The other speakers in it produce a bit too sharp sound which hurts my ears, and if I go to another room, like if I want to listen music while I make food, they just don't make loud enough sound, while the subwoofer makes more than enough sound even with the minimal setting... Not very balanced system I think. I'd rather install the subwoofer to the ceiling, so I could annoy my neighbours with it...

I've heard good things about the M-AUDIO Studiophile AV40 speakers, and they're within that price range.

SYS said:

I've heard good things about the M-AUDIO Studiophile AV40 speakers, and they're within that price range.

Just what I was going to say.

So, I finally ordered them (and some other audio stuff) from Thomann.. I ordered a pair of M-Audio BX5 D2 for 198€.

I have heard the sound from M-Audio BX5a earlier, and I have one of them, but what do I do with just one speaker... I want stereo sound! My brother took the other when he moved away. Tip: never buy loudspeakers together with someone.

I hope I bought the right kind of cables for them too... Some TRS to RCA cables.