Your civics blow major asshole.
More big fat bloated government, more massive spending, higher taxes FOR EVERYONE(you can tax the "rich" at 100% of their income and still not be able to pay off half of the deficit)in order to compensate for all that massive spending, continued high unemployment, lousy economic growth, and sky rocketing debt. More of the same is not the answer. America has made a poor choice tonight.
First off, taxation is a way to fund the infrastructures and services that most companies use to generate their income. Secondly, taxation is one of many factors to keep companies in check so they do not become juggernauts that is JP Morgan or Rockefeller in the late 1800s--which by the way, the Government came in and saved the market from their iron grip on the industry. In this day and age, bloated government is not the issue... super-rich, multi-national, multi-billion dollar corporations lobbying de-regulation are the issue. They are in fact, draining the country of wealth and locking it into the hands of a few.
Most people who vote Republican either are very rich and clever enough to serve their own interests--and I don't blame them for that--or are led around by the rich. The latter group probably have no fucking clue how an economy works, and is led around like a bunch of Orwellian sheeps from Animal Farm yelling about massive taxation in the name of their Pig masters.
The basic principle of a functioning economy is the movement of money: if it moves, it creates demand which is then followed by jobs. If money doesn't move, no demand, no fucking job, no money, got that?
What's happening right now is a combination of shit that throws a grinder into the money moving machine: I can think of estate bust and outsourcing of jobs overseas.
Estate bust happens in the early 2000s when banks loan a $50k person a $100k house, then only to find out that he/she can't afford it, and then foreclosure happens. Bank possess the person's house, person goes broke, can't afford anything else, and no more demand.
Outsourcing of jobs overseas just means that all the profit from investment is concentrated into the hands of a billionaire, and that wealth will sit there, locked up. No demand.
Both examples end up with wealth concentrated in the hand of a few, and without the masses having money to spend, there is no demand in the market, and jobs cease to exist.
Given the current situation, we have wealth, it's just locked up in the 1%, and the other 99% is left wondering where the money has gone. Trickle-down economics policy has never, ever worked. The only way out is to flow money into the system via deficit spending, and enforce regulations on companies that ships jobs overseas and punish multi-billion dollar companies that game the system. It's simple, but in practice, the politics makes these things a pain in the ass to execute.