User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > People these days... [complaints about gangnam style dancing & teen sexual drive]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:54.   
Netherstorm

I'm currently in high school, and I cannot believe how immature people are these days (more should I say, 'kids'). These people are 16-17 years old, yet they have the mind of a 12 year old and talking about long, died out fads such as "Nyan Cat", "Double Rainbow Guy" and other dumb shit. They also do that annoying gangnam style dance, now I don't mind it, but when you do it several times straight in one day, I go insane. Please, if your still in high school, do you feel my pain?

Last edited by Netherstorm on 11-18-12 at 08:55

Old Post 11-18-12 02:50
Netherstorm is offline Profile || Click here to Send Netherstorm a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
yukib1t
Will DDR for food

"Nyan Cat" is a long died out fad? You're on a forum where people still play a 19 year old game.

Old Post 11-18-12 02:58
yukib1t is offline Profile || Click here to Send yukib1t a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Netherstorm

yukib1t said:
"Nyan Cat" is a long died out fad? You're on a forum where people still play a 19 year old game.

True, but the doom franchise still get's updated once in a while with the new release of the BFG Edition.

Last edited by Netherstorm on 11-18-12 at 03:22

Old Post 11-18-12 03:05
Netherstorm is offline Profile || Click here to Send Netherstorm a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

I'm glad I graduated from high school just before internet memes caught on outside of obscure image boards. I can just picture the levels of retardation youths must take these already idiotic fads in real life. I'm sure Ponies, too, are generating fits of spasm.

Old Post 11-18-12 03:49
Technician is online now Profile || Click here to Send Technician a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
Forum Staple

I hate many of my peers. Stupid sex crazed mindless mainstream media whores. Thankfully, college weeds out a good portion of those shitheads.

Old Post 11-18-12 04:10
Sodaholic is online now Profile || Click here to Send Sodaholic a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Sodaholic said:
I hate many of my peers. Stupid sex crazed mindless mainstream media whores. Thankfully, college weeds out a good portion of those shitheads.
Not in my experience. I found graduation and a few years in the work force is the cure.

Old Post 11-18-12 04:15
Technician is online now Profile || Click here to Send Technician a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Spammer

I don't mind internet memes, though again outside some meme shirts like ponies, troll faces, and the like..

Sodaholic said:
Stupid sex crazed mindless mainstream media whores.

But pretty much that, or at least the sex crazed part. It's like, i say I think Lil Wayne is stupid, bad style, and shit music, and everyone is like "Yah but he gets so man bitches, its all about the bitches. bitches bitches bitches all about dat pussy pound pussy all about pussy pounding sex sex sex i dont use condoms pussy pounders dfksjghkljsdfgh"

everyday.

Old Post 11-18-12 04:42
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Click here to Send Clonehunter a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Netherstorm

Exactly Clonehunter, I hear that everyday.

Old Post 11-18-12 04:46
InsanityBringer

Surprisingly, it isn't too bad around where I go to college. Most of the few people who do proudly display ridiculous memes or whatever, are the kind of people I don't want to interact with or have no reason to interact with. Most of my classmates actually seem reasonable, through probably not perfect. The ones most interested in "internet" things are mostly just gamers playing things like CoD.

It isn't perfect though, I have seen people wearing brony shirts, and all sorts of other meme-related things, and I have caught a little discussion about MLP related things, but not a whole heck of a lot of anything. As mentioned, most of the people who display these things, I have no real reason to interact with.

Old Post 11-18-12 04:53
InsanityBringer is offline Profile || Click here to Send InsanityBringer a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

I am a university student now but I still read books from children's corner, watch Disney movies(Not the movies now) and look at Disney Princess stuffs. But my mind is mature though somehow I am quite childish.

Talk about my school experience of me in Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan. Singaporean students are quite mature though quite a lot of them are kind of bullies, they like to call names on other students. As for HK students, I admit most of them are retards. HK students still act the way of what preschool students does, like talk in a baby tone and act as a child. Especially HK girls, whom most of them think they are princess(As HK parents nowadays are retards too). Indeed most HK teenagers nowadays have very poor independent living, more than 80% doesn't know how to cook(Even instant noodles). HK kids are much worst, they don't even know how to get dressed! In HK school, I really wanted to say "Fuck You" to my classmates, not only they discriminate students from foreign countries, they also discuss about stupid jokes and like to show off their iphones/Samsung Galaxy S Series.

I am not sure about Taiwan 20 years ago as that time I was very little. But as a Taiwanese, some of my Taiwanese internet friends may think I am quite childish. Taiwanese students are very mature, they are excellent at independent living. For examples, nearly all of my classmates know how to do the housework, they even know how to return home as far to Kaohsiung by themselves.

Different countries may have different kinds of students. Usually students from developing countries are more mature.

Old Post 11-18-12 04:54
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Click here to Send Daiyu_Xiaoxiang a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

They're just innocent people infected with brain worms (memes). When the world was still sane and holistically self organized by evolution, imitation was a sane behavior; now all our heads are filled with youtube poop, literally. At least those particular memes are "wild" mindless genuine ones probably, not forced memes/propaganda/advertisements. I've seen big media attempt meme crap like tv shows with "lol" in the title or some failed crap. At least those kids aren't imitating the "can you hear me now?" cell phone guy or lady gaga songs; at that point a lobotomy is needed. Actors in commercials are humans paid to lie to other humans. They talk to you like a close friend, but its manipulative behavior like brood parasitism or angler fish lures... and its e..v..e..r..y..w..h..e..r..e. At least 90% of the information floating around from brain to brain is pure crap, I mean look at the show Alf. You probably have bits of cat sandwiches in your brain don't you? They're a new form of life, replicating for their own selfish benefit and our brains are their hosts.

Old Post 11-18-12 05:33
gggmork is offline Profile || Click here to Send gggmork a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
188DarkRevived
Loser

In a way I'm actually very glad that neither Facebook nor Twitter existed back when I was at highschool.
But on the other hand, maybe if those technologies existed at that time then perhaps I could've been spared from the troublesome mess that I got myself into over the past 2 years...
*sigh*
It's a long story. I prefer not to divulge on it. But basically, I would've had better luck connecting with the people who could've given me what I wanted and less chance of falling into a trap devised by strangers.
Blargh.

Old Post 11-18-12 05:40
188DarkRevived is offline Profile || Click here to Send 188DarkRevived a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Netherstorm

Yeah, I see those kinds of things as well. I wonder how humanity will be in the next 5-10 years. Will we become more intelligent with the use of technology? Or will we all be stupid monkeys, with an IQ less than 5. Frankly, I think that's what road humanity is heading down, and that is potentially bad IMO.

Old Post 11-18-12 05:46
188DarkRevived
Loser

TV has certainly become rotten crap. To such an extent that ever since 2002 the only things which I watch on cable are mainly weather forecasts, news broadcasts, and sports broadcasts such as Olympics.
If I want to watch something fictional and entertaining then I just search for torrents and uploads of old shows from 2 decades ago.

Old Post 11-18-12 05:51
188DarkRevived is offline Profile || Click here to Send 188DarkRevived a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny

I don't think internet memes are a sign of the youth becoming stupider, it's just a new thing for them to focus their attention on. I graduated over eight years ago, but even back then, teenagers were bumping shitty, intellectually vacant music, quoting dumb stuff from TV shows, and talking about that night that they got drunk at such and such party and did x number of stupid things.

I don't think teenagers in general have become stupider over the last decade or so. I just think they've found new ways to display immaturity.

Old Post 11-18-12 06:01
Caffeine Freak is offline Profile || Click here to Send Caffeine Freak a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mogul

Caffeine Freak said:
I don't think teenagers in general have become stupider over the last decade or so. I just think they've found new ways to display immaturity.

Something like this. There's no "it's worse these days," in relation to kids being kids. Just different flavors of expression.

Last edited by Mogul on 11-18-12 at 08:17

Old Post 11-18-12 06:53
Mogul is offline Profile || Click here to Send Mogul a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

Ah, yes they annoy me quite a lot, especially when they do it in real life. But you know what irritates me the most? Facebook philosophers!!! You know, people you KNOW are shallow or cheats but they post famous inspirational quotes by writers or political figures to show you just how mature and deep they are. Ecards are the worst though.

Old Post 11-18-12 08:01
DooM_RO is offline Profile || Click here to Send DooM_RO a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jodwin
Forum Spammer

Netherstorm said:
These people are 16-17 years old, yet they have the mind of a 12 year old

In general, people don't start maturing until they're well past 20 years old. Some never mature. So better just get over it, you're just causing yourself more stress and harm by worrying about something that's perfectly normal.

Old Post 11-18-12 08:15
Jodwin is offline Profile || Click here to Send Jodwin a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny

Jodwin said:

In general, people don't start maturing until they're well past 20 years old. Some never mature. So better just get over it, you're just causing yourself more stress and harm by worrying about something that's perfectly normal.

This is very true. I've never really thought of people in their early 20's as 'adults' (even though they legally are) so much as older versions of teenagers.

Not that I'm saying I didn't still act like a teenager sometimes at that age, mind you.

Old Post 11-18-12 08:24
Caffeine Freak is offline Profile || Click here to Send Caffeine Freak a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Indecisive

Every next generation of children decline in mental capacity moreso than the last it seems.

Old Post 11-18-12 08:52
Avoozl is offline Profile || Click here to Send Avoozl a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Spammer

Caffeine Freak said:
I don't think internet memes are a sign of the youth becoming stupider, it's just a new thing for them to focus their attention on. I graduated over eight years ago, but even back then, teenagers were bumping shitty, intellectually vacant music, quoting dumb stuff from TV shows, and talking about that night that they got drunk at such and such party and did x number of stupid things.

In a nutshell.

I left school in 1998, long before websites like 4chan or Reddit or YouTube were even thought of. Yet memes of this kind existed in the 90's, in the form of stupid catchphrases from advertisements or TV shows being quoted daily. People of an older generation who didn't even have TVs when they were growing up are able to recount tales of how they used to quote things said on the radio. I guess the average person growing up in the late 19th century was too busy working themselves to death in child labour to care about trends, but the world has become a better place for the working class since those times.

Kids will always be kids. If something is "in" then there's not much you can do about it if you don't happen to like it. There's no hard evidence whatsoever for young people's mental capacities decling, and/or the internet being influential in this; on the contrary, school and exams are harder than they ever have been, and with success rates at a high it suggests that kids are smarter than they used to be, at least in the UK. Given the academic pressure put on teenagers who are in school, I think they can be permitted the silliness of Gangnam Style or whatever everyone's doing.

Old Post 11-18-12 08:57
DoomUK is offline Profile || Click here to Send DoomUK a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
j4rio
Forum Staple

gggmork said:
They're just innocent people infected with brain worms (memes).

Don't underestimate the power of gene pool. What will you become is mostly pretty much determinded at your birth. If you end up vulnerable to this sort of stuff and form based on them, it's only up to natural selection to solve your little problem though.

When the world was still sane and holistically self organized by evolution,

That's a lie. It never was. Not even a slightest bit of organisation is present in evolution. The reason there was any evolving possible to happen in the first place is based on utter chaos and randomization.

now all our heads are filled with youtube poop, literally. At least those particular memes are "wild" mindless genuine ones probably, not forced memes/propaganda/advertisements. I've seen big media attempt meme crap like tv shows with "lol" in the title or some failed crap. At least those kids aren't imitating the "can you hear me now?" cell phone guy or lady gaga songs; at that point a lobotomy is needed. Actors in commercials are humans paid to lie to other humans. They talk to you like a close friend, but its manipulative behavior like brood parasitism or angler fish lures...

Yes, all of that is true to a mild extent. So what? *yawn*
Just filter it out. Why do you let all this obvious unimportant nonsense get so deep to yourself? It would just drive you insane eventually.

and its e..v..e..r..y..w..h..e..r..e. At least 90% of the information floating around from brain to brain is pure crap,

That's quite notable oversimplifying (bullshit). It's part of maturing process to learn how to treat given informations. If you don't undergo this process, then your mentality level wouldn't exceed the one that was common in stone age.

Old Post 11-18-12 09:14
j4rio is offline Profile || Click here to Send j4rio a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Spammer

j4rio said:
Why do you let all this obvious unimportant nonsense get so deep to yourself? It would just drive you insane eventually.

In gggmork's case, that ship has already sailed.

Old Post 11-18-12 09:36
DoomUK is offline Profile || Click here to Send DoomUK a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

gggmork said:
When the world was still sane and holistically self organized by evolution, imitation was a sane behavior; now all our heads are filled with youtube poop, literally.
Talking about worms in the brain, this is pretty much a warped exaggeration of paleoconservative ideals, pushing all the way to some pristine evolution that has been degraded by "popular online meddling and media manipulation", instead of just the Constitution being corroded by "sweaty ignorant voters and political manipulation".

At least 90% of the information floating around from brain to brain is pure crap, I mean look at the show Alf. You probably have bits of cat sandwiches in your brain don't you?
A huge chunk of our discourse is a form of self-projection. The first mind we can judge, and the one we judge in a most immediate way, is our own.

Old Post 11-18-12 10:46
myk is offline Profile || Click here to Send myk a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sokoro

I do not know what are Nyan Cat, Double Rainbow Guy and Gagman Style Dance, keep this crap away from me.

If I would rule the world, then I would kill all your sex crazed peers.
They want to create new life, but it would end with less life on earth instead. That would make for a nice contrast, would not?
I also do not appreciate when other DNA than mine is spreaded.

Old Post 11-18-12 12:03
Sokoro is offline Profile || Click here to Send Sokoro a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

Netherstorm said:
Please, if your still in high school, do you feel my pain?

When I was in high school I did, then I kinda grew up. These people are just having fun discussing things that they like, what's wrong with that? "Stop liking what I don't like" is not a good attitude, get rid of it. And please don't give me this crap about how they are just media whores. "Kids don't smoke because a camel in sunglasses tells them to." Even if big media somewhat controls what we are exposed to, we all still have our own tastes and opinions.

Personally, I never allow myself to think that I'm more intellegent than others. And even if I did, I certainly wouldn't come to this conclusion based on some silly little things like Nyan Cat.

But then again I'm a YouTube Poop fan so my opinion is irrelevant I guess. (even though Yale likes YTP)

Old Post 11-18-12 12:59
Memfis is online now Profile || Click here to Send Memfis a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ribbiks

Sokoro said:
I also do not appreciate when other DNA than mine is spreaded.

are you aryan?

Old Post 11-18-12 14:06
Ribbiks is offline Profile || Click here to Send Ribbiks a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Get off my lawn, you damn kids!!!

Old Post 11-18-12 14:16
Maes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Maes a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ralphis
IDL Founder

Highschool owned. Start the lame ass virgin parade though.

Old Post 11-18-12 14:30
Ralphis is offline Profile || Click here to Send Ralphis a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheEndOfUs

Netherstorm said:
Please, if your still in high school, do you feel my pain?

It has always been like that and most people are naturally horny at that age too. It may be a pain, but it gets much better with time. Learn how to wear a mask, just deal with it. The thing is, its normal and sometimes crucial to act like an idiot around that age, you have all the time in the world to think, focus your thoughts on your studies instead and let nature take care of the rest.

I was 19 when I dropped out of school. Thought I was better than my peers, didnt care much for this or that. Was going to make it on my own, but instead, I entered a deep depression and became a recluse. Lost all of my friends because of that, so I convinced myself I'd never make it and indulged in substance abuse. Completely lost it one night and locked myself out of my apartment, threw away the keys and walked straight into a snowstorm. I had been out in the cold for three days, when someone called the cops after I walked into some strangers house. I dont remember much of it, but somehow it helped me regain my sanity and some confidence.
Off topic, yes, but it took me 4 years to realize I was an asshole.

Old Post 11-18-12 17:07
TheEndOfUs is offline Profile || Click here to Send TheEndOfUs a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote