User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > People these days... [complaints about gangnam style dancing & teen sexual drive]
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:55.   
Fuzzyfireball

Sokoro said:
I do not know what are Nyan Cat, Double Rainbow Guy and Gagman Style Dance, keep this crap away from me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

You don't have to thank me.

Old Post 11-18-12 17:57
Fuzzyfireball is offline Profile || Click here to Send Fuzzyfireball a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Netherstorm

I know, maybe I shouldn't worry about those kinds of things, but when your at that place every week day, there are tons of these types of people who tend to be annoying that your around with. I don't hate them or anything, I never said that, but it kind of messes with your head when these people are being irritating without even realizing it for 7 hours straight (that's how long my hours are at hs). Then again, my attitude is pretty shitty as well, since I made this thread at 3 in the morning without any sleep.

Old Post 11-18-12 18:37
Netherstorm is offline Profile || Click here to Send Netherstorm a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sokoro

Fuzzyfireball said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

You don't have to thank me.

Well, I am not clicking on these links. I could google it myself.

Ribbiks said:

are you aryan?

I am more than aryan, I am godly. Nah, I am just envious, but isn't it natural, for a man, to want all women for himself, to spread only his DNA and wish death for all his competitors?

Old Post 11-18-12 20:42
Sokoro is offline Profile || Click here to Send Sokoro a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
jongo

To OP - i guess it's a good idea to start working on yourself to be able to continue education in more high-class place. Dumbasses will be filtered out well enough and more people around you will have at least slightly developed tastes and opinions in all sorts of things. You'll still get your share of nyancats and afroninjas from those who only use internet for facebook msging, but it'll be much more tolerable when you have lots of interesting people who balance things out.
I've gone through a similar situation actually. Growing up in a little village without going to kinderdarden, spending time reading books all the time and playing pc games (video game translations didnt exist back then, so i had to learn english to understand Doom plot, ololo), becoming introverted as hell... then entering school and getting my mind blown by the fact that almost no one knows how to read or count to 10. And it only went downhill from that, which made me hate people and start to think i'm better. In high school almost everyone was only into mainstream/pop/casual things, being unable to understand anything besides that. In addition to that, most fads here come from the West, and with a slight delay (even the biggest ones are delayed, like Harry Potter for example. First few books had been out for 2 years already, until they got heavy advertising campaign and suddenly everyone went from "bleh, whatever" to "hp is the shit!" attitude in a blink of an eye). So even if i liked some mainstream thing, no one else did; and vice versa after a while. Eventually, i convinced myself that i'm better than anyone else regardless of what i do and how i do it, in an act of a mental defense, and started to turn into a slacker and degrade.
Luckily, in my last year of high school i passed exams and got into probably one of the best schools in the region and it was like a breath of a fresh air after all those years of living in a vacuum. It made life more fun and, more importantly, changed me as a person into something better than a worthless wannabe elite dork.
So, if you're afraid it'll be hard for you to endure living like you do now, and that you need more mature (in some ways) peers, this is one of quicker solutions. It'll either teach you that you were wrong or will fit you well. Or both, one after another, like in my case

These people are just having fun discussing things that they like, what's wrong with that?

I think the main problem is that he thinks they are only capable of discussing media bombs and being unable to search for & learn stuff they're themselves interested in. Most often, gems are hidden deeper, but people are too lazy to look for them. If you're one of those who try to dig gems, it's hard to live around people who can only walk on a shiny surface. About as often, our ignorance makes us assume that others are surfacewalkers, while in fact we're just not looking deep enough ourselves. So, both opinions are understandable and it's a hard topic to discuss :S

Old Post 11-18-12 20:55
jongo is offline Profile || Click here to Send jongo a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Sokoro said:
isn't it natural, for a man, to want all women for himself, to spread only his DNA and wish death for all his competitors?

Not really. Seek medical help.

Old Post 11-18-12 21:07
Gez is offline Profile || Click here to Send Gez a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

Robin Williams invented Gangnam Style.

Old Post 11-19-12 01:57
Bucket is offline Profile || Click here to Send Bucket a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny

Gangnam style is definitely one cultural phenomenon that I don't understand at all. Then again, I was never a trendy person in the first place, even in my middle/high school years, when trends usually mean the most to people. Lack of social awareness, I guess.

Old Post 11-19-12 02:36
Caffeine Freak is offline Profile || Click here to Send Caffeine Freak a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Caffeine Freak said:
Gangnam style is definitely one cultural phenomenon that I don't understand at all. Then again, I was never a trendy person in the first place, even in my middle/high school years, when trends usually mean the most to people. Lack of social awareness, I guess.

Heh, Justin Bieber was all the rage when I was at school. Even the boys listened to it. >_> Eargh.

Old Post 11-19-12 02:50
Obsidian is online now Profile || Click here to Send Obsidian a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Netherstorm

Obsidian said:
Heh, Justin Bieber was all the rage when I was at school. Even the boys listened to it. >_> Eargh.

It's still got rage among people at my school. Not as much as it did a couple years ago though, all about gangnam style now.

Old Post 11-19-12 03:06
Netherstorm is offline Profile || Click here to Send Netherstorm a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

In high school, when everyone else was listening to Nirvana, I was listening to Genesis. I don't think many of us can speak from experience about pop culture trends.

Old Post 11-19-12 03:33
Bucket is offline Profile || Click here to Send Bucket a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Philnemba

Bucket said:

Heh maybe Robin Williams should sue :P

Old Post 11-19-12 05:32
Philnemba is offline Profile || Click here to Send Philnemba a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Netherstorm

Bucket said:

http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/e/eyepopping.gif

Last edited by Netherstorm on 11-19-12 at 20:41

Old Post 11-19-12 05:37
Phobus
Forum Staple

I'm sure a big part of maturity is accepting that other people can have fun and that they won't necessarily enjoy the same things as you.

I know back when I was in school there were a range of tastes and silly little jokes from pop culture would tend to permeate all groups. Only the miserable geeky sods would try and be all elitist about it and say the rest of the world was immature for enjoying it.

As for Gangnam Style, I believe I've said before that I quite enjoy the song and associated dance for their cheesiness. This position hasn't changed and it was a bit of a laugh Saturday night when I was out and it got mentioned or played. Harmless fun, really. I find dubstep a lot harder to wrap my head around as something that people actually like or dance to :P

Old Post 11-19-12 11:06
Phobus is offline Profile || Click here to Send Phobus a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Phobus said:
Only the miserable geeky sods would try and be all elitist about it and say the rest of the world was immature for enjoying it.

Unfortunately for all of us who've found ourselves in this position, there's a lot of truth to this.

Being "different" is a prized possession of any kind of "geek", especially younger ones, whether they're aware of it or not. For instance, I shunned fashionable shoes and wore cowboy boots in school (in Britain, in the late 20th Century), and assumed people were just envious of my outlandish sense of style whenever someone ridiculed them. I had no idea what a twat I looked.

Old Post 11-19-12 13:04
DoomUK is offline Profile || Click here to Send DoomUK a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

DoomUK said:

Unfortunately for all of us who've found ourselves in this position, there's a lot of truth to this.

Being "different" is a prized possession of any kind of "geek", especially younger ones, whether they're aware of it or not. For instance, I shunned fashionable shoes and wore cowboy boots in school (in Britain, in the late 20th Century), and assumed people were just envious of my outlandish sense of style whenever someone ridiculed them. I had no idea what a twat I looked.

Yup, you are right, I used to be like that until about two years ago. I don't look back at it with shame though, just a stage in my life.

Old Post 11-19-12 15:08
DooM_RO is offline Profile || Click here to Send DooM_RO a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nevan

At the age of 16 I never really cared for the most talked about topic. I even when I try it's just... boring.

Media's trash anyway.

Old Post 11-19-12 15:09
Nevan is online now Profile || Click here to Send Nevan a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Most mainstream media and television is trash or bottom of barrel reality show BS.

Old Post 11-19-12 16:52
Glaice is offline Profile || Click here to Send Glaice a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Obsidian said:

Heh, Justin Bieber was all the rage when I was at school.

I too remember last week fondly.

Old Post 11-19-12 18:07
Use3D is offline Profile || Click here to Send Use3D a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Netherstorm

Nevan said:
At the age of 16 I never really cared for the most talked about topic. I even when I try it's just... boring.

I don't try to indulge into the popular topics either, I too find it boring. Then again, that's just me.

Old Post 11-19-12 22:05
AgentSpork
Agent Spork is a resourceful agent for the Country

Sex is pretty cool, you guys should try it. Also I've learned that hating on popular media simply for the sake of hating on popular media gets old very quickly. Learn to accept it and life gets much better. Nobody's forcing you to watch/listen to any of this stuff.

Old Post 11-19-12 22:16
AgentSpork is offline Profile || Click here to Send AgentSpork a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Joshy

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3dxe0c1Q11qiuo95o1_500.gif

Old Post 11-19-12 22:32
Joshy is offline Profile || Click here to Send Joshy a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote