Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Duke 3D For Free on GoG!
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:31. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Vaporizer
Forum Regular

Maggotcum said:
I'd love to get the original Shadow Warrior big box.

So would I - I own the Premium Collection re-release big box. At least I own the original big box of Duke Nukem 3D.

Old Post 12-14-12 12:50 #
Vaporizer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LkMax

Im a GOG customer since 2010 and I fully reccomend getting an account. They have a great catalog of classic games (and recently, modern games too) with absolutely no DRM (only an OPTIONAL downloader manager) and good offers/sales.

Duke 3D was the first game I bougth there so this giveaway was not exactely useful for me, but who cares, it was well worth the price I paid at the time ($3 on sales). =P heh

Old Post 12-14-12 17:55 #
LkMax is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Enjay said:

"Beneath a Steel Sky" also appeared in my collection as a free download and I'm looking forward to trying that. It's supposed to be pretty good (some people might say awesome of course). :P

Yes, Beneath a Steel Sky has a sense of awesomeness to it.

Old Post 12-14-12 21:39 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ComicMischief

Well, EDuke32 is sweet as fuck but doesn't like to reload my savegames. Looks like I've got to figure out how to fuck with the settings in DOSbox because I get to the nightclub and it judders like a motherfucker.

Which would I prefer, the ability to save or a playable framerate? :P

Old Post 12-14-12 21:45 #
ComicMischief is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aliotroph?
postCount++

Clonehunter said:

Yes, Beneath a Steel Sky has a sense of awesomeness to it.

I think it has gameplay issues. Most of the gameplay seems to be hunting for clickable elements on each screen. I got stuck at one point and peeked at the included walkthrough. It told me to try the thing I had just tried. Apparently 1337 mouse-fu is required.

Old Post 12-14-12 22:02 #
Aliotroph? is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
CorSair
Forum Regular

ComicMischief said:
Well, EDuke32 is sweet as fuck but doesn't like to reload my savegames.

Same happened here. Current revision is bugged, so I used old one. Just go to their repo and select older one. I use older r3101, and saves normally.

Aliotroph? said:
I think it has gameplay issues. Most of the gameplay seems to be hunting for clickable elements on each screen. I got stuck at one point and peeked at the included walkthrough. It told me to try the thing I had just tried. Apparently 1337 mouse-fu is required.

Heh. Welcome to the world of pixel hunting. ;)

Old Post 12-14-12 22:20 #
CorSair is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote