Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > 21st December, do you believe about the Apocalypse?
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:43. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

Just 6 days left to the 2012 Apocalypse. Till now, I still can't find any signs that this will really happens. Some of my classmates and tutors had mentioned it before, none of them believe about the apocalypse, so as me. So how about you guys? If you believe it, what you hope to do for these "last" few days?

Old Post 12-15-12 14:32 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

It's complete gobshite.
And if I'm wrong, then it won't matter, I won't be laughed at, we'll all be dead anyway.

Old Post 12-15-12 14:35 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Stapler

No, because I'm not a massive fucking idiot.

Old Post 12-15-12 14:40 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Indecisive

No, the people who were studying the Mayans forgot about the fact the Mayans were wiped out and could never update their calenders anymore which is why it stops on believed date, not that I ever believe in apocalypses anyway.

Also what timezone is it supposed to be in?

Old Post 12-15-12 14:46 #
Avoozl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Spammer

Eris Falling said:
It's complete gobshite.

Phobus said:

Pretty much covers everything I could say.

Old Post 12-15-12 14:47 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Looper

It's obvious that the apocalypse is near.

Pls giev moneys.

Old Post 12-15-12 15:02 #
Looper is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sokoro

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:
... Till now, I still can't find any signs that this will really happens. ...

Missing Cacowards (WARES) ?

DoomGuy2000 release something that is not complete garbage (but still pretty close)
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=17041 ?

Non-existant project see the light of the day and gets playtested in TNS
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mo...ical-map21-fix/ ?

We are going to hell really fast!
Joking aside, NO. It will surely happen one day, extinction of life on the Earth, but I do not expect to be still alive around that time.

Old Post 12-15-12 15:03 #
Sokoro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

Sokoro said:
We are going to hell really fast!

Once we beat the big badasses and clear out the moonbase.

Joking aside, NO. It will surely happen one day, extinction of life on the Earth, but I do not expect to be still alive around that time.

The Earth should be uninhabitable in about a billion years, doesn't matter how eco-friendly the human race gets or some shit, that huge ball of hydrogen that is the Sun is still going to get hotter and hotter, and eventually destroy everything within 100 million miles or so.

Old Post 12-15-12 15:10 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

It's bullshit and anyone who believes in it is a gullible idiot.

The 2012 theories originate with a hippy named Terence McKenna. Aside from the 2012 nonsense his main claim to fame is having invented the term "self-transforming machine elf". To me, that tells you everything you could possibly want to know.

Old Post 12-15-12 15:51 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

I don't believe it'll happen. But then after the 21st has passed there'll be just a small little inexplicable sliver of disappointment inside of me.

"Oh. That's a pity. Something exciting could've happened."

Jimmy's Blog of Death - I make terrible posts here.

Old Post 12-15-12 16:48 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
PRIMEVAL

We could use a good cleansing.

Old Post 12-15-12 16:50 #
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
termrork

well just type iddqd at 21. dec and nothing will harm you!

Old Post 12-15-12 16:54 #
termrork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimi

No, it was cancelled because of snow.

Old Post 12-15-12 17:03 #
Jimi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ducon
Régulier du Forum

Avoozl said:

No, the people who were studying the Mayans forgot about the fact the Mayans were wiped out and could never update their calenders anymore which is why it stops on believed date, not that I ever believe in apocalypses anyway.

Also what timezone is it supposed to be in?

Who thinks there will be an apocalypse on 31st of december? No one, even the people who write a book about the apocalypse (and who make a lot of money with it).

Old Post 12-15-12 17:25 #
ducon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
CorSair

Oh, with all those shooting and stabbing sprees, and governments being inefficient?

Hmm... Nope.

Old Post 12-15-12 17:40 #
CorSair is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheEndOfUs

No, but I believe that someone got rich by selling their books about the Apocalypse.

Old Post 12-15-12 17:52 #
TheEndOfUs is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
yukib1t
Will DDR for food

lol, no.

Old Post 12-15-12 17:57 #
yukib1t is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nevan

I'll be expecting London riots to happen again on the 21st.

Old Post 12-15-12 18:23 #
Nevan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
buttspit

The only thing I'm not looking forward to on that date are all the undoubtedly stupid acts and whatnot that believers will more than likely commit.

EDIT: Oh and...

termrork said:
well just type iddqd at 21. dec and nothing will harm you!

But what if the 21st specializes in telefragging?

Old Post 12-15-12 18:34 #
buttspit is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
General Rainbow Bacon
may have been DoomHero85 at some point

I think we should all go find these people who believe the world will end, make contracts to take all their belongings on the 21st, and then laugh at them when nothing happens and we've legally taken all their shit. Yeah, I really am that evil :D.

But really, I don't think there are that many people that believe anything will happen.

Last edited by General Rainbow Bacon on 12-15-12 at 19:02

Old Post 12-15-12 18:44 #
General Rainbow Bacon is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

6 more days..(From when I type this)..We'll see..

Old Post 12-15-12 19:25 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny

THERE'S ONLY SIX MORE DAYS LEFT IN THE WORLD!

...before the Winter Solstice. Yeah, what did you think I meant?

Old Post 12-15-12 19:31 #
Caffeine Freak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Phobus said:

Old Post 12-15-12 19:33 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
baronofheck82

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!
Uh...maybe. Or not. Who knows, we'll see when the 21st gets here :P

Old Post 12-15-12 19:41 #
baronofheck82 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gerardo194
Warming Up

No. If this happens, William Blazkowicz and Stan Blazkowicz will save us

Old Post 12-15-12 19:46 #
Gerardo194 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

buttspit said:
But what if the 21st specializes in telefragging?

idclip too, then.

Old Post 12-15-12 19:50 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

It's a load of bull excrement as far as I'm concerned.

Old Post 12-15-12 20:36 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Looper

Gez said:

idclip too, then.

Doesn't work against telefrag AFAIK :-D We are doomed!

Old Post 12-15-12 20:42 #
Looper is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

World will be covered with rioters/idiots with guns for a few days.

Old Post 12-15-12 20:49 #
BloodyAcid is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Six

The trouble with shit like this is that there are actually some people out there dumb enough to believe it, so much that they would happily toss all morals aside and do absolutely stupid/illegal things before or when the day finally arrives.

For theirs and our sake, lets hope these people are so stupid to know what they're doing as well, preventing anything potentially awful happening.

Old Post 12-15-12 21:09 #
Six is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote