Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Site and/or forum bugs or things not working
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:45. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:
Still can't, the attachments seems to have some problems. Sorry for the spam posts in the Doom Demo thread, this is due to failure of posting demo.
I was speaking to TimeOfDeath. I'm aware that attachments and custom avatars aren't working. I will delete your posts for now.

Old Post 12-26-12 05:55 #
Bloodshedder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kmxexii

Bloodshedder said:
You're going to have to give me some examples.

Actually, now that I've tested it out, I can't quote forumgoer glenzinho. Quoting any of his posts results in a new post box with no quote.

Old Post 12-26-12 05:59 #
kmxexii is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

kmxexii said:
Actually, now that I've tested it out, I can't quote forumgoer glenzinho. Quoting any of his posts results in a new post box with no quote.
The problem was that he is using ´ (U+00B4: ACUTE ACCENT) instead of ' for an apostrophe. It has been worked around.

There may be other characters that mess up quoting. Please report any more specific posts where quoting results in a blank reply box.

Old Post 12-26-12 08:02 #
Bloodshedder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Props to Bloodshedder and whoever else for spending their Christmas fixing this. Just sayin'.

Old Post 12-26-12 08:38 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

Bloodshedder said:
Can you comment while logged out? I can't see any obvious problems. Try logging out and back in?

I tried logging out & in, deleting all cookies, and commenting while logged out but I still can't comment. I'm using Chrome Version 23.0.1271.97 m. I don't know if anyone else is having a problem, since people are commenting fine.

Old Post 12-26-12 16:07 #
TimeOfDeath is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

No problem for me, I use Google Chrome too. The only problem is the attachment files which can't be uploaded.

Old Post 12-26-12 16:09 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Bloodshedder said:
The problem was that he is using ' (U+00B4: ACUTE ACCENT) instead of ' for an apostrophe. It has been worked around.

There may be other characters that mess up quoting. Please report any more specific posts where quoting results in a blank reply box.

This one should be annoying enough to fix for a while.

Old Post 12-26-12 16:17 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Peter Heinemann
Marathon Man

Hello Bloodshedder,

I have just taken notice of the problems the site is affected with and now see that my difficulties with logging in are shared by other members. I assume that my account (luckily) has not been deactivated due to long time sleep.

As I can write this, at least the log in problem looks to have bettered.

Thank you again and please excuse any extra work that was caused by my calling for help I have sent you by mail.

Best wishes and nice holidays to you and all other Doomers.

Peter

Old Post 12-26-12 18:08 #
Peter Heinemann is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

Gez said:
This one should be annoying enough to fix for a while.
Thanks, the problem should be fixed across the board now.

Old Post 12-26-12 18:13 #
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

I tried commenting logged in/out with Internet Explorer, but I still can't.

Old Post 12-26-12 18:33 #
TimeOfDeath is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

I'm having problems with commenting as well. Today I was able to comment on http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=17044
but now I can't comment on http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=13083

(tried Firefox and IE)

Old Post 12-26-12 19:13 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

Memfis said:
I'm having problems with commenting as well. Today I was able to comment on http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=17044
but now I can't comment on http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=13083

(tried Firefox and IE)

I was able to comment on both of those wads, but not the ones I linked to earlier.

Old Post 12-26-12 19:44 #
glenzinho
Forum Regular

Bloodshedder said:
The problem was that he is using ´ (U+00B4: ACUTE ACCENT) instead of ' for an apostrophe. It has been worked around.

I couldn´t quote yesterday either and had to do it manually. Not sure about the apostrophe, I´m using a portuguese keyboard at the moment.

Old Post 12-26-12 20:16 #
glenzinho is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

TimeOfDeath and Memfis: tell me if you can see any of the debugging messages I've added when voting on /idgames.

Old Post 12-26-12 20:26 #
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

Yes, when I try to vote on the ones I linked, it says "The system thinks you've already voted on this file". I don't think I have though, and if I close the window/tab and load the same /idgames page again, it lets me vote and comment (but gives me the same message when I do).

Old Post 12-26-12 20:40 #
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny

DoomUK said:
Props to Bloodshedder and whoever else for spending their Christmas fixing this. Just sayin'.

Seconded. Somebody third this.

Old Post 12-26-12 20:41 #
Caffeine Freak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

Yes, I see three "test" messages.

Old Post 12-26-12 20:42 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
j4rio
Forum Staple

Bloodshedder's first posts seem to have slightly messed up dates (which creates an interesting time paradox).

Old Post 12-26-12 20:54 #
j4rio is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

Memfis said:
Yes, I see three "test" messages.
Test reviews aren't what I meant. The debug messages will show up below or where the review box is. Where are you seeing 'test' reviews?

j4rio said:
Bloodshedder's first posts seem to have slightly messed up dates (which creates an interesting time paradox).
What are you talking about?

Old Post 12-26-12 20:56 #
j4rio
Forum Staple

this shows up as your first post after searching post history, check dates

Old Post 12-26-12 21:02 #
j4rio is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

j4rio said:
this shows up as your first post after searching post history, check dates
Not anymore!

Old Post 12-26-12 21:05 #
Memfis
Forum Legend

Bloodshedder said:
Test reviews aren't what I meant. The debug messages will show up below or where the review box is. Where are you seeing 'test' reviews?

Oh. Yes, I see the "The system thinks you've..." message when I try to vote on ?id=13083.
"test" reviews are here:
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=14037
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=14343
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=14435

Old Post 12-26-12 21:12 #
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

Memfis: Well... I don't know what to tell you. I was able to hijack your cookie (no, I don't do this regularly) and post a comment on that file just fine.

Old Post 12-26-12 21:29 #
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

I see the message after having voted/commented, which I think shows that it's working as intended?

I didn't get the message before voting/commenting, and it didn't stop me from voting/commenting.

Old Post 12-26-12 21:58 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

That must be a new feature to prevent people from voting multiple times, right? Was that added when the logged in/color-coded reviews were implemented?

Old Post 12-26-12 22:16 #
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

There were always preventions against voting multiple times. In your case, it seems to be happening without actually inserting your vote into the database, and I haven't been able to figure out why yet.

Old Post 12-26-12 22:20 #
Memfis
Forum Legend

Ok, this is getting interesting!

image redacted

The comment I'm trying to make:
code:
Cool 1994 style map, I didn't like the teleporter system (too complex for my small brain) but overall it was very fun to explore, I liked the music and the new teleportation sound.

Old Post 12-26-12 22:49 #
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

Okay, it should be working now. I'm not sure how it ever worked without the string being escaped, but I didn't write the original code...

Old Post 12-26-12 23:29 #
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

Aw hells yeah, it's working. Thanks!

Old Post 12-27-12 00:02 #
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

Custom avatar uploading is now working.

Old Post 12-27-12 03:11 #