Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > A Message From Abiageal O'Meara

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:03. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
LittleTemple

Dear DOOM Community,

With work winding down on the Dimensions soundtrack, I’ve decided to expand my contribution to the community of DOOM and Id Tech 1 based games outside of the Little Temple Group.

I feel confident enough to work on other games such as Heretic, Hexen, & Strife as well as working with people on their DOOM projects.

For those of you whom have heard tracks I’ve done for both Dimensions and Projekt Xero and liked it, I thank you.

Anyone who wishes to contact me and wants some tracks done, you can do so by sending an email to abbey0237 @ gmail.com and I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.

The following is a bit of information on my setup just for those who like all the technical details and so I wont find myself in any spots of trouble down the road.

System –

Apple Macintosh Mini

OS X 10.5.8

Software –

Logic Pro 9

Audacity

Hardware –

Roland Juno-Gi Mobile Synthesizer

It should be noted that, I have never done strict MIDI tracks before so, should someone request those, I will give it a go however, achieving the sound you may like in my current tracks may present problems as I would have to redo all my presets. If you would be looking for the sound used in Dimensions & Projekt Xero, it is best if I do such tracks in a “live instrument” setting and by that I mean having it encoded in “MP3, Wav, Flac, Ogg, AIFF, AAC” and so forth.

Thank you to those who gave feedback on my work thus far.

Abiageal “Abbey” O’Meara

Last edited by LittleTemple on 01-11-13 at 03:39

Old Post 01-11-13 00:04 #
LittleTemple is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
yukib1t
Will DDR for food

Not to be rude, but ...who? Do you have any links to your work?

Old Post 01-11-13 00:26 #
yukib1t is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

There's one soundtrack here.

And from that thread, her YT channel.

Old Post 01-11-13 00:28 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Might want to break the email address so it's not harvestable by crawlers as well.

Old Post 01-11-13 03:07 #
Glaice is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LittleTemple

Good idea. This is just a copy/paste of an email she sent us and asked us to post for her but, yeah I'll break up the address.

Thanks!

Old Post 01-11-13 03:21 #
LittleTemple is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stewboy

Could you or someone please upload the wads to a different site? The one they're on doesn't seem to be working very well for me.

Old Post 01-11-13 03:39 #
stewboy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LittleTemple

Of course, which site usually works for you? We've been having some problems with the site too... Glad to know it isn't just us xP

Old Post 01-11-13 03:40 #
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

http://files.drdteam.org

You need a free account to upload things.

Old Post 01-11-13 05:10 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LittleTemple

Thanks!

Levels link: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/.../dimensions.zip

Music link: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/...NSNHTQ/dmus.zip

Old Post 01-11-13 09:02 #
LittleTemple

A little bump.

Thought we'd share "the other side" of Abiageal O'Meara

This mainly for those of you who've heard the Dimensions soundtrack so far

https://soundcloud.com/abiagealomeara97/rebekahs-dream

enjoy!

Old Post 01-15-13 03:01 #
ArmouredBlood

Interesting, I'll have to check out her work. Prboom+ runs .ogg right?

E: so I listened to her youtube channel and rebekah's dream, and some elements are great, a lot from map 04 and 5, but the pieces are just too slow for most maps I make.

Last edited by ArmouredBlood on 01-15-13 at 10:41

Old Post 01-15-13 10:23 #
ArmouredBlood is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LittleTemple

Haha, in that case I'm glad we didn't listen to the guy who suggested we make them slower =P

I'm not sure if you've heard the UAC Overture yet, it's a Projekt Xero level song that's quite up beat.

My point being that yes, she mainly does slower stuff but, if you give her a push, she can do fast stuff.

The main reason behind the slow music you heard is because we thought fast stuff would take away from the creepiness that is (or we're trying) to make our levels.

In fact, you can hear the UAC overture in this video - link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1psds1vJP9s

All in all, thanks for posting!

Old Post 01-15-13 20:52 #