Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Berserker Quake 2 source mod.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:54. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kristus
Megablast!

So I came across this pretty nice Q2 engine mod called Berserker Q2. It's by a russian guy, the website is in russian and you can't sign up on the forums. It's as if they built a fortress of solitude around themseleves. Anyway, I'm trying to find out more information about it. But it's difficult. I can't seem to find a way to contact the developer and the documents are in russian for the most part so it's hard to penetrate even with a bit of Google translate.

What I am curious about is the modeling and map aspects of the mod. So I am throwing this out there to anyone interested in helping me find out about this one. I think it features Md3 and ASE model support. But I canĘ't say for sure. They are in the forums looking at making high quality models for it. Which makes me think that they would have a proper model format in store for this. Md3 would work, but it's hardly optimal. Then there's the maps format. They've made the lighting process a seperate entity since they made a new lighting engine. And that alleviates a lot of the issues you would have working with the Q2 map format. But there's still vis limits in compiling the maps to run. So it should point towards them accepting a Q3 or D3 format for the maps. Though I can't find any indications towards this.

Anyway, here's the website of the mod: http://berserker.quakegate.ru/
Scroll down to the bottom to find the downloads.

Last edited by kristus on 01-17-13 at 19:23

Old Post 01-17-13 16:55 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

I love how he thinks he can trademark his name on the very bottom below the downloads..

Old Post 01-17-13 17:34 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[LeD]Jake Crusher
Green Marine

Well, you can ask here questions to Berserker - I'll try to contact him, for I remember talking to him about some aspects of BQ2...

Old Post 01-18-13 12:48 #
[LeD]Jake Crusher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Website needs proper screenshots. I want to know what it is I should want to download.

Old Post 01-18-13 16:25 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Err, there's a shitload of screenshots showing off the visual effects. Sure they're only 640x480, but it's not like they are omitting any details since the resources of Q2 are pretty low res.

Old Post 01-18-13 16:45 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quast
insert title here

Vanilla q2 in gl looks better than this. I can never understand why people want to go over the top with and think that the bump mapping and ugly shadows work well with low res and low poly models/maps and textures. It's just unnecessarily garish.

Old Post 01-18-13 19:56 #
Quast is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

I tried this mod only a few years ago and I can agree with the models and their textures looking bad but I don't agree with the map textures looking bad, they actually look quite good, however I haven't yet downloaded the newest updates since then so I am unaware of any further changes.

Old Post 01-19-13 00:39 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote