Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Ask for opinions about this band.
Do you like it
Yes
No
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:53. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Katamori
Forum Staple

Recently I discovered an interesting band on The Map of Metal and I became a huge fan of it, even though I've never been a big fan of this genre.

This band is called Darkspace and they are from Switzerland. Essentially they play black metal but this is something different from the usual bands because their songs (which are incredibly long and actually only instrumentals) including ambient elements. This is called atmospheric black metal, but this is still different for those I've found later.

For me, these songs are perfect: the combination of the strong atmosphere, the extremely hard sound and even a bit of surrealism - the featureless song and album names made the last one more stronger. What do you think?

CYBERCRAFT: A cyberpunk RPG for LÍVE

Old Post 01-17-13 19:55 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Hmmm, it's OK. I neither like nor dislike it. I could play Quake to it though. ;)

Old Post 01-17-13 20:32 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
CorSair
Forum Regular

I always like some ambient metal, but this left me cold. Drums were in my opinion too distant, and because of that, guitar shredding was too annoying to my ears.

What he said:

Enjay said:
I could play Quake to it though. ;)

Old Post 01-17-13 21:31 #
CorSair is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

Sounds like Dark Funeral if you listened to it through a pillow.

How about this instead:

I like their ambient acoustic bits (someone compiled all of them in this video), though they have some kind of awkward progressions in the songs. Definitely my favorite band from Armenia ;)

Last edited by Nomad on 01-17-13 at 21:56

Old Post 01-17-13 21:51 #
Nomad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
j4rio
Forum Staple

Eh, just a casual process of discovering depths of your tastes. That's why I loathe the whole genre business tbh. For example lots of black or whatever metal fans migrated to hard electro scene, as is somewhat apparent from comments here.

Old Post 01-17-13 22:27 #
j4rio is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

1) Turn down drums
2) Apply gated reverb to guitars
3) New genre!

Old Post 01-18-13 00:34 #
Bucket is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

I don't really care it's genre. I just simply love it.

Old Post 01-18-13 01:15 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Looper

I don't like that kind of music because they are bashing too many instruments at the same time (the extremely hard sound as you mentioned), so you can't even hear the lyrics nor the melody. Unless you turn up the music and hurt your hearing in the process. That music would ruin Quake :/

Old Post 01-18-13 13:00 #
Looper is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
MajorRawne

The music in the first post was a bit too intense for me. I get why you like it, since it's a kind of dark, aggressive melody that avoids turning emo. I could see it as background music to a game like Quake, definitely.

Nomad's post hits closer to home. Something with a haunting melody which evokes a range of emotions. That's why I like Muse. Their instrumentals are fantastic and their off-beat, unusual lyrics hit emotional keys without straying into emo territory. The tune Nomad posted could have been used as a trailer theme for something like Quake 2. Unfortunately I hate that kind of singing, I view this as horrible noise (despite the level of voice control needed to "sing" like that).

Old Post 01-18-13 18:58 #
MajorRawne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
darkreaver

Then maybe you should check out Paysage d Hivre (fuck I cant remember the name, but google it (no I wont))

OK I DID: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands...d%27Hiver/13417

fucking edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13mZLPcqHUo

also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY4TVm1rl9c (pretty sure you`ll like this one, Katamori)

Last edited by darkreaver on 01-19-13 at 04:38

Old Post 01-19-13 04:29 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote