Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sahkan

So, how old are you ?

GreyGhost said:

Suppose I could claim to be young at heart, but I think it's more a matter of avoiding archaic expressions that would have some forum-goers wondering "WTF did he say?". ;)

I could probably also claim to be 7 years old, since that's apparently the maximum lifespan of the cells in our bodies (apart from hard stuff like teeth and bone) before they're replaced.

Are you a veteran or something?

And I'm 15 now. Registered to DW when I was 13.

Old enough to remember Saint Seiya first episodes along with Dragon Ball season 1 and Dragon Ball Z... take a guess.

joe-ilya said:

Are you a veteran or something?

No, but if I hang on for another forty years and a few days I'll be a certifiable antique.

GreyGhost said:

60 - as of yesterday, so I'm now officially a sexagenarian.

Happy birthday auld yin! :P

PS: Someone ought to make you a birthday map for reaching another landmark in your life. :)

I expected everybody here to be at least 21+ to be able to have played DooM in a relevant time frame... BUT WOW, A LOT OF YOUNG GAMERS HERE !

Doom its brilliance is bigger then i expected.

FireFish said:

BUT WOW, A LOT OF YOUNG GAMERS HERE !

Doom its brilliance is bigger then i expected.

Soon, Teens, 12 year olds, thirteen year olds and even I will take over the forums.

Prepare for the Fellowz-pocolypse...

Turning 31 in a little over a week. God that's terrifying. 30 was bad enough. My 20s were bad enough, but I somehow muddled through - 30s, though, it's like - now I'm really expected to be a respectable adult, and that's something I've never really gotten the hang of.

GreyGhost said:
I could probably also claim to be 7 years old, since that's apparently the maximum lifespan of the cells in our bodies (apart from hard stuff like teeth and bone) before they're replaced.

Mostly, but many brain, heart and eye cells are lifelong, hence the usual problems in these organs, eventually.

23 years. Discovered Doom a few years back in time. Just played it from time to time. Now thing got serious and I'm also playing Doom II and want to play Final Doom(s).

23, with an 8 month old kid. Don't like playing games much cause I always get interrupted. Doom is perfect though cause each level only takes a few minutes and they aren't connected so I can continue without wondering where the fuck do I go

LockeRequiem said:

I'm new on these forums...and I'm 12

I don't think you're even old enough to play Doom... That's it! You're grounded!! :P

geekmarine said:

Turning 31 in a little over a week. God that's terrifying. 30 was bad enough. My 20s were bad enough, but I somehow muddled through - 30s, though, it's like - now I'm really expected to be a respectable adult, and that's something I've never really gotten the hang of.

I'm turning 30 in 10 months. Fuck it, I'm probably healthier now than when I was 20.

I could definitely take out the 20 year old me in a fight.

Weird just how average that age seems to be. I always thought most of the people here were significantly older than I.

Average said:

I don't think you're even old enough to play Doom... That's it! You're grounded!! :P

Aw, man! Does this mean I have to stop playing Strife, too? :-( :D

Guest Unregistered account
Fellowzdoomer said:

Soon, Teens, 12 year olds, thirteen year olds and even I will take over the forums.

Already have done - I'm 13. And you wouldn't believe how manyv15 year-olds there are.

Chalk up another for the older crowd. 42 here. Healthier and happier than my 20s and 30s, believe it or not.

Re the nervous possible English teacher in Romania: don't sweat it. Us teachers have to play square in front of the kids, but we're still cool on our own time. ;)

geekmarine said:

I'm really expected to be a respectable adult, and that's something I've never really gotten the hang of.

I'm dreading my upcoming 22nd birthday for this exact reason..

cosmicsquish said:

Us teachers have to play square in front of the kids, but we're still cool on our own time. ;)

I always loved being that student who, rather than making an ass of myself to seem "cool" for the other kiddies, would break the ice with the teacher with some "real talk" and actually get them to open up to some degree. Not a teachers pet or any of that crap, just getting to actually know the person who I'll be listening to for 9 months straight! Always made my school days from 5th grade onward exponentially more tolerable. Some teachers were just flat out harasses, though. (Why do some certain people who don't like interacting with kids become teachers, anyway? Always boggled my mind)

I'm 23. I'm already feeling old but I guess that's an indication I need to change my attitude, heh.

Doomkid said:
I always loved being that student who, rather than making an ass of myself to seem "cool" for the other kiddies, would break the ice with the teacher with some "real talk" and actually get them to open up to some degree.

I'm fortunate that the majority of kids I teach are like this, and that's what makes my job fun. My days may be long and tiring, but they are never boring.

There is a separation though. Just like teenagers have a different personality during class than they do hanging out with their friends, teachers have to filter. A co-teacher who's also a dancer once said: teaching is really a form of performance art. You kind of put on a character and play a role.

I know what you mean about those teachers who don't seem to like kids. I had them when I was in school and know some of them now. Some teachers think that students learn better if they are constantly in fear. I have little patience for that.

/please forgive the tangent!