Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sahkan

So, how old are you ?

bcwood16 said:

Well I posted here a little while back, but things have changed!!

Today is my birthday which means I am I'm 30 today!!!

Happy birthday :)

16...almost 17.
Although for some reason I feel much more tired and sad than people my age. I can't seem to understand most people my age either.

killer2 said:

16...almost 17.
I can't seem to understand most people my age.

Heh, as a teenager, I can say I also have a hard time understanding other people (I'm 17). However, this is a time when a lot is being thrown in our faces: college, concern over getting good grades, what you want to do later in life, etc. It's ok if people are stressed about stuff like that since it's a big deal. :) It's just good not to let it get to extremes. I find myself much happier looking into the future with hope. :)

I thought to myself, "How old are most people around here?". How old is the average "Doomer" today. The game itself is soon 20 years old, so I figured there's probably not a lot of younger people around. Somehow, I figured that the dooming community was sort of like mankind in Children of Men... We don't have any younglings around here, and so maybe we'll be gone in 10-20 years... Or?

A quick search and I found this thread:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/10591-age-of-people-playing-doom-these-days/

Where a lot of people seem to be inbetween 15-20 years old. But that thread is ten years old!

So my question to you...

How old are we? The players of Doom.

Myself, I'm 25, going on 26.

There is always a fresh stream of young players mostly due to online multiplayer ports and extreme modding. Perhaps what is being slowly lost is the appreciation for classic vanilla gaming.

Me im 30, love Doom always will!!

However, did we not just have a thread like this about a month ago as I remember posting in to say it was my birthday, and that was in February.

From what I remember I was quite surprised how young many of our members are! Which is a really good thing to know.

Doom is obviously much better then most of the 'modern FPS' crap lol - sweet

EDIT : Eris Falling posted while I was writing my post out, but yea thats the thread I was thinking about :)

I'm 27 here, but I've only just started getting into playing Doom wads in their entirety recently with my branching interest into doing LP's. That being said, I've played a fair bit of online doom via ZDaemon in the past few years (although I've lost touch with playing it in the last few months) and always revisit Doom regularly in some capacity.

Heck, at one point years back I used to try and find good wads among my old 'Maximum Doom' disc....

I first played Doom at my uncle's house when I was six or seven. But I didn't really start playing it until just a year or two ago. I am now 21.

22, will be 23 this September.
First met with Doom in 1995 and had been haunted for years by that impression with varying intensity.