Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Newsted

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:31. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TheSpazztikOne

Probably my first post in a while, but one that seemed worthy of making.

Not sure how many have heard the news, but Metallica's old bassist ('87-'00, I think), Jason Newsted, just put out a new EP from his new band, entitled "Metal".

IMO, it sounds like he ripped the musical balls from Metallica, and placed them into this. (Kind-of a weird-ish way of explaining it)

here's a link to the video, for those interested. (Still don't exactly know how to use the youtube-embedding tags. If it comes up, it's all out of guessing.)

Also.. it kinda sounds (to me) like Motorhead.

Eh... here's the link. Looks like it'snot showing up...

http://youtu.be/4kRWwxCPyjw

Old Post 02-02-13 00:14 #
TheSpazztikOne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sgt dopey

Sounds pretty good so far I'll have a listen to it later

Old Post 02-02-13 01:36 #
sgt dopey is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

TheSpazztikOne said:

IMO, it sounds like he ripped the musical balls from Metallica, and placed them into this. (Kind-of a weird-ish way of explaining it)

Extremely accurate nonetheless. I gave it a quick blast and it definitely sounds like what Metallica is missing in their music. Poor Jason, always getting his music compared to Metallica. :)

Old Post 02-02-13 03:34 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

TheSpazztikOne said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...d&v=4kRWwxCPyjw

Well, it's better than anything Metallica have done in the last 25 years. But it's pretty boring, bland and generic.

Old Post 02-02-13 10:20 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Reminds me of Motörhead and the first Metallica album.

Old Post 02-02-13 10:52 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Belial

Boring.

Old Post 02-02-13 12:04 #
Belial is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

That is a really shit video :P

I quite like the tune of what they're doing (I'm getting that Kill 'Em All vibe too) but the sound is quite flat and unexciting. I'm not sure what I'd liken the sound I'd like to hear that tune played in to (if that makes any sense at all) but it needs a better singer, rather than some guy gurning and basically speaking the worlds and to have a bit more thump. Definitely prefer the (subjectively) better songs from Death Magnetic over this, like All Nightmare Long.

Old Post 02-02-13 13:45 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheSpazztikOne

I've bought the 4-Song EP, and it seems that the other songs are a bit better than this.

IMO, maybe it's the video that made the music crappy to some ears. Music's made to be heard, not watched.

Even still, I like it. Of course there's better stuff, but this is better than most of what's out there. (Speaking in terms of other genres, not metal-wise.)

Old Post 02-02-13 19:41 #
TheSpazztikOne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

It's not terrible. The video is lame though, but the music by itself isn't terrible. I'd opt for better vocals though.

Old Post 02-02-13 21:52 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote