Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Welp my mouse died.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:15. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Thorgrim103
Green Marine

Crap. My usb mouse died.

It says it can't recognize the device.
I think this is due to it being dropped yesterday.
I have another wireless one somewhere. Yet I can't find it.

The only other one I have is a ball mouse for me old pc that doesn't work well.

What kind of scrolly things do you guys use? I use a laptop so a wired mouse that's not usb is out of the question.

I need to find the other one or I'm screwed. I don't want to use my little scoll pad to play doom.

Old Post 02-02-13 01:07 #
Thorgrim103 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aliotroph?
postCount++

You're making this sound scarier than it is. Besides, using the touchpad for a couple days can make you awesome at keyboard shortcuts.

For my big PC I always have a nice gaming mouse. The one I have now is a Logitech G500. Not sure if they make them anymore. I like mice with lots of buttons and scroll wheels that scroll in more directions and can be unlocked.

My laptop mouse is just a little Microsoft wireless one. My brother gave it to me one day when he appropriated the previous mouse I was using. I don't know where he found this little one, but I like it a lot. It's easy on batteries too. I replace the battery once or twice a year.

Old Post 02-02-13 02:19 #
Aliotroph? is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Do like they did in the old days and make your own mouse.

http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/dead_mouse_mouse.jpg

You lazy kids.

Old Post 02-02-13 02:30 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Dude

I have a Logitech wireless mouse that has xtra buttons on there. I dunno what one it is as my memory doesn't go that far back and the info is all worn off the bottom. I have masking tape holding the battery door in place since that broke a couple years ago. lol.

I also have a Microsoft Arc Touch that I got at Christmas but I never tried it yet... I prefer a mouse with a few more buttons than that thing has. hmmm.

Old Post 02-02-13 03:01 #
Doom Dude is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hex11

Cool! You're now eligible to join the keyboard-only club. :-)

Old Post 02-02-13 06:29 #
hex11 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

5 mice ftw.

Seriously, I don't get the appeal of mice with hundreds of buttons. If you're too lazy too press backspace or click the back button in your browser, something is amiss. Even in games and other apps, I've never felt like my mouse should have more than 3 buttons.

Old Post 02-02-13 10:00 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote