Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Historic Blizzard unfolding now
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:09. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cannonball

Great Yarmouth (UK), one flake of snow reported, caused infrastructure to cease in existence as we suck at dealing with snow.
Jokes aside it's supposed to snow where I live tomorrow, the kid inside me loves it, but the adult in me dreads falling on my arse and humiliating myself :P
Anyways hope everyone in the North East states are ok, I am actually on a weather forum and we have been watching events over your side of the pond which much interest, and extreme envy.

Old Post 02-10-13 00:12 #
cannonball is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

cannonball said:
Great Yarmouth (UK), one flake of snow reported, caused infrastructure to cease in existence as we suck at dealing with snow.

The same snow I mentioned earlier, the snow from 2 or so weeks ago. It fell overnight here, then thawed by 11am. That's how little it was.
My school bus decided it was necessary to run an hour late, despite the fact the roads were completely clear, there was little/no ice and every other bus service to the same school was running.

Knowing my part of the UK (can you guess what it is yet?), I probably won't see snow for a year or two.

Old Post 02-10-13 00:16 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

cannonball said:
Jokes aside it's supposed to snow where I live tomorrow, the kid inside me loves it, but the adult in me dreads falling on my arse and humiliating myself :P
Anyways hope everyone in the North East states are ok, I am actually on a weather forum and we have been watching events over your side of the pond which much interest, and extreme envy.

Cool! What's the forum?

Old Post 02-10-13 03:44 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Suffolk county, New York. Snow was light Friday morning which then it became rain/sleet mix then later just ice/snow mix. Later very heavy snowfall started around 5pm and did not stop until like 2 or 3am.

Old Post 02-10-13 06:12 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Megalyth
I embrace change

geo said:
If it happens to NY its historic.
This was far from historic, unless your age is in the single digits. Nemo got lost just as quickly as he was found.

Old Post 02-10-13 06:25 #
Megalyth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snakes

I'm in Los Angeles. Not surprisingly, this storm system is doing jack shit yaaaaaaaaay!

Old Post 02-10-13 08:16 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
grouchbag

Vermont,here.Snow,and more snow.And I have to grocery shop today.*sigh*

Old Post 02-10-13 09:54 #
grouchbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GooberMan
Scripting Nut

Finland. That much snow has been sitting outside my place for months now.

If Australia had to deal with this much snow, the country would completely shut down. Hell, it might even shut down if it had to deal with half an inch of snow.

Old Post 02-10-13 09:59 #
GooberMan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

Megalyth said:
This was far from historic, unless your age is in the single digits. Nemo got lost just as quickly as he was found.
Depends on the location, but in some places it was a little more significant than that. Historical perspective:
http://classic.wunderground.com/blo...ml?entrynum=123

Old Post 02-10-13 21:07 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

The snow started falling on Friday night and schools are closed Monday and Tuesday in Stratford CT because they are so crippled by the sheer amount of snow (40").

http://stratford.patch.com/articles...#photo-13314510

Old Post 02-11-13 14:22 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote