Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Your favorite Grand Theft Auto?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:42. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kristus
Megablast!

Only played 1 and 4. I suppose I actually would take 1 then. But it's hard to compare because the two games are so different. 4 did do a good job at immersion and caracter building. Something you rarely see in games.

Old Post 02-24-13 11:33 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

Not really played 4 properly and didn't play the second (earlier-setting) GTA London, so this isn't quite a fully rounded opinion on the series, but my favourite has to be GTA Vice City. I loved the setting, theme and how it all worked.

San Andreas didn't work for me at all, TBH. I didn't like the setting or theme and felt too much of my time in the game was being taken up playing The Sims compared to the previous games. The original was a lot of fun, back in the day. Used to love getting the Juggernaut up to speed in that version of San Andreas and bulldozing through the motorways to get me from point A to B. Also:

http://www.gta-expert.it/file_gta/curiosita/gouranga.jpg

Old Post 02-24-13 17:20 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

GTA3, without a doubt... well except when you run people over, that sound is goddamn nasty!

Old Post 02-24-13 20:07 #
mrthejoshmon is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

I guess GTA 1 and Vice City/San Andreas. GTA 4 was almost completely uninteresting to me. GTA5 looks good.

Old Post 02-24-13 20:09 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote