Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Exotic gourmet meat
What would you like your "beef" patties to mainly contain? Beef can no longer be #1!
Horse,Donkey, Zebra etc.
Jackal, African Wild Dog, Dog, etc.
Water Buffalo, Bison, Wildebeest etc.
Gazelle, Antelope, Muflon etc.
African Rock Python, Anaconda, Rattlesnake, etc.
Scorpion, Earthworm, Grasshopper, Cockroach etc.
Baboon, Gorilla, Chimpanzee etc.
Mouse, Rat, Beaver, Squirrel etc.
Roadkill (in addition to any of the above)
Poached game (in addition to any of the above)
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:14. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Maes
I like big butts!

Just a small "appetizer":

Water buffalo, donkey and goat found in South African meat products.

Mmmmm, yummy! Since it's increasingly obvious that in the ever-continuing, benign quest to provide everybody in the civilized Western world with quality meat products, producers will have to make do with whatever kind of dead animal they can find, and the days where the kind of meat stated on the package really meant anything are numbered. Yeah, Joe Sixpack. Thought that your minimum wages REALLY bought you wholesome 100% pure All-American (or proudly British, whatever) beef patties? Well, guess what idiot, they don't!

From now on, it could be just anything (formerly) walking on two or four (or more) legs or even stuff with no legs at all that ends up in your plate (or between two the greasy buns that you gobble down, whatever).

This is not necessarily a Bad Thing however, as you might get the chance to savor EXOTIC and GOURMET meat from all around the world! Who needs Kobe Beef and Angus steaks la carte when you could instead have roadkill and poached Water Buffalo, Donkey, Horse, Jackal, Zebra, Antelope, Gazelle, Kangaroo, Wildebeest, Python, Baboon, Chimpanzee, Elephant, Dog, Cat, Rat, etc. all for the same, old, low price of processed "beef" patties?

So, what you'd rather have (not an exhaustive poll, unfortunately).

Old Post 02-28-13 22:22 #
Maes is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

I'm voting for apes. Maybe if Americans creationists started acquiring HIV through their burger habits, they will have a harder time denying common ancestry.

Old Post 02-28-13 22:47 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheEndOfUs

No cats?

Old Post 02-28-13 22:54 #
TheEndOfUs is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

Spare a thought for a "green salad" I once ordered in France, which turned out to contain rather a lot of tuna.

Old Post 02-28-13 22:55 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Grazza said:
Spare a thought for a "green salad" I once ordered in France, which turned out to contain rather a lot of tuna.
France: there's your problem. I'm sure they added meat as some kind of protest.

Old Post 02-28-13 22:56 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Scet

I've had Bison so I'll go with that, it's really good.

Getting tired of these stories. Really if you've worked in a food plant you'd know there's no way to guarantee that a some trace of the former order doesn't end up in the next. Plus notice this is always ground meat, so it's just them using the same grinder. I also wonder how much a "trace" is? If my beef is 99.9999999999% beef and a single goat atom, I really don't give a shit.

Old Post 02-28-13 22:59 #
Scet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

Technician said:
France: there's your problem. I'm sure they added meat as some kind of protest.

uh, can you explain this joke to us europeans?

Old Post 02-28-13 23:00 #
dew is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

TheEndOfUs said:
No cats?

Sure, take your pick: Cat, Lynx, Lion, Leopard, Cheetah, Puma, Mountain Lion etc.

And of course, I apologize for not including two redneck favourites, like Racoon and Oppossum to the "menu" but with just 10 options....

Old Post 02-28-13 23:02 #
Maes is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

dew said:
uh, can you explain this joke to us europeans?
It's a long standing joke around my part that the French protest over just about anything. I think it's the fact that France has one of the few populaces that actually achieve any kind of group oriented protest that involve civil liberties.

Old Post 02-28-13 23:06 #
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

I had a giraffe craving once after watching some Archaeology video in class..

Old Post 02-28-13 23:07 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheEndOfUs

Maes said:

Sure, take your pick: Cat, Lynx, Lion, Leopard, Cheetah, Puma, Mountain Lion etc.

And of course, I apologize for not including two redneck favourites, like Racoon and Oppossum to the "menu" but with just 10 options....

Opossum sounds delicious, creepy little fuckers...

Old Post 02-28-13 23:07 #
TheEndOfUs is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

I just realized only one of Maes's options is kosher.

EDIT: Wait, two are.

Old Post 02-28-13 23:11 #
TheEndOfUs

Tss

Old Post 02-28-13 23:15 #
Quast
insert title here

Nice thread, not even a week ago I was sitting at one of our wholesale houses waiting for an order while this guy was raving about a trip to florida he just got home from and he explained had the opportunity to dine on some alligator he shot. The way he made it sound is that it was the greatest thing he'd ever eaten. I don't know how common alligator is eaten way down south, but I'd probably eat some and thus I'm upset that it isn't on the list.

Old Post 02-28-13 23:25 #
Quast is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Quast said:
Nice thread, not even a week ago I was sitting at one of our wholesale houses waiting for an order while this guy was raving about a trip to florida he just got home from and he explained had the opportunity to dine on some alligator he shot. The way he made it sound is that it was the greatest thing he'd ever eaten. I don't know how common alligator is eaten way down south, but I'd probably eat some and thus I'm upset that it isn't on the list.
The guy shot the alligator illegally, so I'd assume that it would go under the "Poached game (in addition to any of the above)" category.

Old Post 02-28-13 23:26 #
Quast
insert title here

Technician said:
The guy shot the alligator illegally, so I'd assume that it would go under the "Poached game (in addition to any of the above)" category.

I have no idea if it was legal or not. In any event, I could go poach a cow or deer, but that doesn't make it exotic. A bald eagle or a loon sure... Alligator? I honestly don't know.

Old Post 02-28-13 23:32 #
Quast is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Quast said:
I have no idea if it was legal or not. In any event, I could go poach a cow or deer, but that doesn't make it exotic. A bald eagle or a loon sure... Alligator? I honestly don't know.
I think "exotic" is just one of those words that loosely means anything that's not common to your lifestyle. At least I use it as such.

I would classify alligator as exotic to me, as we don't have any.

Old Post 02-28-13 23:36 #
Maes
I like big butts!

Quast said:
I'm upset that it [Alligator] isn't on the list.

Well, I have a "reptiles" category, though I only provided snake examples (which must be easier to skin and prepare).

Old Post 02-28-13 23:39 #
yukib1t
Will DDR for food

I've eaten an ostrich burger before and it was damn good. So... poached game?

Old Post 02-28-13 23:53 #
yukib1t is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Marine
took his ball and went home

As long as 20 essential amino acids are included, I'm down for anything.

Old Post 02-28-13 23:55 #
Doom Marine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

Anything primate-ish. It's the closest thing to cannibalism.

Old Post 02-28-13 23:58 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cannonball

I once had a burger from this south african burger bar in Kingston (london) that had kangaroo and ostrich burgers. I went safe and went with wild boar which was pretty tasty. The girl I was with wussed out and had a bacon roll haha
Lols at the French jokes. You do know that they will strike at Calais when they see this thread :P
I won't vote for anything here as I'm pretty much open to eating anything that won't kill me (meat wise)

Old Post 03-01-13 00:04 #
cannonball is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

cannonball said:
I once had a burger from this south african burger bar in Kingston (london) that had kangaroo and ostrich burgers.
I've heard ostrich tastes eerily similar to lean ground beef; it's a very red meat.

Lols at the French jokes. You do know that they will strike at Calais when they see this thread :P
I've got to be careful, I'm a huge Perrier drinker and don't want any protest coming between me and my fix. Of course, I'm sure France wouldn't dare impede on their only export.

Old Post 03-01-13 00:12 #
Avoozl
Forum Staple

More votes seem to be going for "Water Buffalo, Bison, Wildebeest", I honestly don't see how that's exotic meat.

Old Post 03-01-13 01:34 #
Avoozl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Dude

I like hot dogs so most of those things would be an upgrade. :p

I wouldn't mind munching on some bison burgers.

Not too sure about scorpions and earth worms. lol

Old Post 03-01-13 02:35 #
Doom Dude is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

No seafood option. I might fancy a bit of orca, elephant seal, dugong or sea otter - though it looks like I'll have to join the Hannibal Lecter wannabes.

Old Post 03-01-13 02:44 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darkreaver

Hand me a gorilla burger, please.

Old Post 03-01-13 02:47 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

darkreaver said:
Hand me a gorilla burger, please.
Ebola 4 free!

Old Post 03-01-13 02:56 #
Megalyth
I embrace change

I would try, and probably enjoy, everything on this list, with the exception of roadkill, which I'd only eat if I was starving or in a survival situation.

Old Post 03-01-13 03:36 #
Megalyth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

The most delicious burger I've ever had was Bison, so I'm going with that!

Old Post 03-01-13 03:38 #
Nomad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote