Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > favorite energy drinks
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:55. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
levir
Mini-Member

I'm cracked out on 3 amps right now with the 4th in a couple of hours. usually I like extra strength monster.

anyone else gotten to the point they require this stuff?

Old Post 03-01-13 06:51 #
levir is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Stroggos

I had a thing for Red Bull and Mother for a while before I realised that the only reason I was drinking it is for the short energy hit while ignoring the shitty taste. I stick to classic Coke now, it tastes good and that's all I want from a beverage.

Old Post 03-01-13 07:12 #
Stroggos is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aliotroph?
postCount++

You can keep the sugar. I don't even put it in the Earl Grey.

Old Post 03-01-13 07:24 #
Aliotroph? is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Chai Latte. :P

Old Post 03-01-13 07:33 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
PRIMEVAL

Dr. Pepper or Arizona tea is my extent.

Old Post 03-01-13 07:36 #
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
exp(x)

Black light-medium roast coffee freshly ground with a burr grinder and brewed with a french press.

Old Post 03-01-13 07:44 #
exp(x) is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
CorSair
Forum Regular

Fuck energy drinks. Puts you to grave faster than cigarettes.

Coffee, strong and dark, no milk, no sugar. Daily dosage of two cups, not including ones you have in your work place. Best what you can get.

Old Post 03-01-13 07:57 #
CorSair is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Sugar is a pernicious substance that slowly does all kinds of damage. Energy should come from sleeping and a good diet, not something that makes you fat and rots your teeth.

...Not that I don't have to have two sugars in my sacred mug of coffee in the morning.

Old Post 03-01-13 08:25 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Philnemba

I've been drinking something that we like to call Dr. Pepper :P

Old Post 03-01-13 08:45 #
Philnemba is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Springy

I'll have the odd energy drink every now and then, I'm quite partial to a lemon ice Relentless and Red Bull. Most of my energy comes from tea and I also find that the morning cigarette gets me up a bit.

Old Post 03-01-13 09:51 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

levir said:
I'm cracked out on 3 amps right now

Huh?

Frequenting audiophile forums for so long made me think that you were listening to some music on an amp that draws 3 amps of current, and thus would be quite powerful ;-)

As for my favourite energy drinks, I always buy the LIDL quite unoriginally named "Mixxed Up Energy Drink" line with some OMF-like dancers. They are about 1/3rd of the price of Red Bull, and the ingredients are exactly the same. Most of those drinks also taste exactly the same (like cough syrup).

In the past they also had "Freeway Energy Dring" with a tiger logo, and a "Sitting Bull" energy drink (maybe it gives you super-sitting energy?).

Here's the complete LIDL energy drink lineup. Some of those I'm familiar with, others not so much.

http://www.40ouncebeer.com/pictsenergydrinks/mixxedupcans.jpg

Old Post 03-01-13 11:17 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
CorSair
Forum Regular

Oh yeah, almost forgot that in Finland, we got some nutfuck subculture about this stuff. Makes me say: 22 and I am too old for this kind of shit.

http://euroshopper.nettisivu.org/files/2010/10/370942258_d70afcfca53.jpg

Jeesus ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccckkkkk.

Old Post 03-01-13 13:18 #
CorSair is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Unless you have a Salmiakki energy drink, I'm not impressed. OK, I'm aware of this one, which surely gives you some sort of energy, but I don't think it counts ;-)

Old Post 03-01-13 13:27 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Not a fan of energy drinks. Tried a few. Didn't like any.

Old Post 03-01-13 14:15 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
CorSair
Forum Regular

One of the most interesting energy drink I had was one made of organic stuff, stinging nettle being one of the ingredient. Not bad stuff at all.

Old Post 03-01-13 14:31 #
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Tea.

If tea isn't enough to stay awake, then sleep.

Old Post 03-01-13 14:35 #
Gez is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

Coffee in the morning, coffee in the evening, coffee at supper time. When coffee's on a bagel you can eat coffee any time!

wait what

Old Post 03-01-13 14:38 #
Nomad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/16489000/ngbbs4845ed402f720.jpg

Too bad they're virtually nowhere these days. (besides the internet)

Last edited by BlackFish on 03-01-13 at 15:34

Old Post 03-01-13 15:23 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kirby

BlackFish said:
*Muthafuckin' Bawls*

Too bad they're virtually nowhere these days. (besides the internet)

Damn, I remember when they used to have those at college. I missed that so much once it disappeared from the shelves.

I still have the occasional red bull or monster energy drink, but mostly I stick to good coffee/espresso. I'll also buy a Starbucks Double-Shot in a can for days when I need a good extra few hours of energy

Old Post 03-01-13 15:44 #
Kirby is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Coopersville
Supreme Gentleman

The only* flavour of energy drink I enjoyed on its own was Full Throttle Blue Demon. After those disappeared off the shelves, I only grab whatever catches my eye on rare occasions where I desperately need to stay awake. Other than that, I buy cheap $1 cans of Rip-It or Red Rain to make Jagbombs with.

EDIT: Actually there's a Sonic the Hedgehog energy drink that I tried once that was better than that.

Old Post 03-01-13 17:37 #
Coopersville is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny

They sell Bawls at Costco. :) Loves me some Bawls.

Anyway, I sort of bounce around between drinks. I always drink coffee, but right now I'm drinking a lot of sugar-free Rockstar as well. I also like sugar-free Red Bull and diet Coke, but haven't had them in a while.

Old Post 03-01-13 17:38 #
Caffeine Freak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

I would really love to try Steven Seagal's Lightning Bolt

and

Old Post 03-01-13 17:40 #
Jodwin
Forum Staple

I've been gifted with perfect caffeine immunity, so I'll say anything that doesn't taste like shit.

In other words, none of them.

Old Post 03-01-13 18:25 #
Jodwin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Chu
Forum Regular

I constantly run off of energy drinks...combined with Aderall that I have to take, I can get pretty amped.

http://www.ezthugz.com/drinkaddict/images/stories/jreviews/monsterimport.jpg
This is probably the only one I drink...mostly. My GF gets me a lot of drinks from Thailand, but those really kick my ass.

Old Post 03-01-13 18:28 #
Chu is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nevan

Supermalt, only energy drink I occasionally consume.

Old Post 03-01-13 18:30 #
Nevan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

A sports drink in Taiwan:

http://imageshack.us/a/img827/9633/vitaloportrait02.jpg

九泉底下十徘徊,奈何橋上恨正長
腸百折,愁千縷,萬般無奈把心傷 - 袁樂梅(「梅花三弄之」岳翎的角色)

我是中華民國的台灣人! I am Taiwanese of Republic of China(ROC)!!!

Old Post 03-01-13 18:31 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doom Dude

I have never even tried an energy drink. I'll just stick to coffee and tea.

Old Post 03-01-13 18:52 #
Doom Dude is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Captain Toenail
Forum Regular

I've noticed it's only the 'bros' that buy the energy drinks at my work. Not only do we have neds, but we seem to have bros too now. Thanks American culture. :/

Also I can't take a drink seriously when it's flavours are 'ripper', 'khaos' and 'origin'! I drink a lot of Pepsi Max though, can't stand coffee and tea.

Old Post 03-01-13 19:06 #
Captain Toenail is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ComicMischief

Only one I'm man enough for:

http://www.drinkstuff.com/productimg/40511_large.jpg

All-natural ingredients, the nastiest thing in it being sugar. None of that cardiac-arresting synthesised taurine shit.

Old Post 03-01-13 19:14 #
ComicMischief is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Energy drinks? Just snort cocaine, I'm sire it's better for you.

Old Post 03-01-13 19:45 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote