Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > What do you listen when you are extremely furious?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:01. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
massacrebosco
Mini-Member

Hey everyone or musician,
what do you listen when you are EXTREMELY furious, enraged, infuriated, or almost breakdown?

For me, I turn the volume up to the maximum and listen:

Chopin-Godowsky - Study in A minor after Op. 25 No. 11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HALRx8G9-7w

Chopin - Chopin Ballade no.4 op.52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apSE6HfksMw

Liszt - Transcendental Etude No.4 in D minor, "Mazeppa"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfN7xf6JymQ
Liszt - Transcendental Etude No.8, "Wilde Jagd"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUJVPKMFAlo
Liszt - Transcendental Etude No.10, "Appassionata"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEHbRPxjpy8
Liszt - Transcendental Etude No.12, "Chasse-neige"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lZ_52DOXis

Liszt - Ballade 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBs4jtWMBj8

Liszt - Sonata in B minor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omnmj-RHm8s

Rachmaninoff - Concerto No.3 1st movement (ossia Cadenza)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhEpvIpe-6s (start at 9:34)

Rachmaninoff - Moment Musicaux Op. 16 No. 4 in E minor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQw3DvqEbxI

Rachmaninov - Piano Sonata No.1 1st movement and 3rd movement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeXQl_0JhVk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP5E6TSYp4U

...etc...

I need some inspiration for my musical composition. :(

Old Post 03-06-13 11:36 #
massacrebosco is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Dude

I tend not to want to do things like listen to music when I get mad. I'm more likely to want to curse and swear and go off someplace alone and think about shit or maybe just shoot some demons in some game or somethin. I don't get mad that often tho and don't recall the last time I was extremely furious.

Old Post 03-06-13 11:53 #
Doom Dude is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

I get mildly frustrated and impatient quite regularly, but it takes an awful lot to get me riled up to the point where I must autonomously calm myself down.

Any sort of music might have more of an annoying effect than a soothing one if I felt that way, though. I'd be more inclined to just sit and think hard about whatever situation made me crabby, and what I could do to fix it. Sorry for the uninspiring reply.

Old Post 03-06-13 12:21 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

Good grief! (Comic. Reminded me of this thread.)

Chopin's pretty great for all occasions.

Old Post 03-06-13 12:43 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Same as DoomUk. Sometimes I might take a walk.

Old Post 03-06-13 12:44 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheSpazztikOne

What I choose usually depends on what sort of 'furious' mood I'm actually in.

If it's anger-furious / mad or what-not, I'd usually listen to some Jamie Cullum (British Jazz/Pop and Pianist) or some Elton John.. something with a piano in it, but isn't stuff like Rush, which is set aside for good-mood-me.

When it comes to furious like I'm both pissed off / frustrated, or the like, usually some Metal suffices. Put on some Diamond Head, black Sabbath, Pantera, or something on a heavier level, once again, depending on the level of 'furious' I'm at.

Perhaps that's something to work from?

Old Post 03-06-13 13:17 #
TheSpazztikOne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ribbiks

just posting to say rach3 rules

Old Post 03-06-13 13:22 #
Ribbiks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

I don't listen to music when I'm angry. I just pace around madly venting about something and occasionally beating a pillow until I forget I was angry with. Then I play some Doom and shoot demons.

Old Post 03-06-13 13:50 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Scypek2

Chopin when furious? Interesting. When I listen to music while being furious, I usually choose music that is equally furious. That feels quite like being understood.

Old Post 03-06-13 14:09 #
Scypek2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

DOOM Music. Nothing like hearing D_E2M2 when troubled.

Old Post 03-06-13 15:04 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

massacrebosco said:
what do you listen when you are EXTREMELY furious, enraged, infuriated, or almost breakdown?

The sound of my enemy's skull being crushed below my booted heel.

erm, actually, I don't have any particular music I listen to when I am angry. I have certainly never purposefully set out to find a particular track in that situation. If very, very angry, I am likely to go out for a walk or something. If so, I probably won't be listening to music.

Old Post 03-06-13 15:27 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mr. Freeze
etc.

this

Old Post 03-06-13 15:55 #
Mr. Freeze is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phml
Forum Staple

^ this is kind of soothing, probably thanks to the Mario tune. That same music that is so infuriating when you play the actual level it's tied to...

Old Post 03-06-13 16:31 #
Phml is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

"Possession" 4:07
"The Turin Cloud" 4:31
"Glassblower" 3:01

Old Post 03-06-13 16:47 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
yukib1t
Will DDR for food

Destroy what destroys you.

Old Post 03-06-13 16:50 #
yukib1t is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

Well, I will listen to songs of Teresa Teng when I was furious. Her songs are nice and lovely. Not only she's my favourite singer, she's also the best singer in Chinese Regions, no one can replace her. What a pity she's died at 1995. :(

After I hear her songs, I will start to calm down.

These are some of my favourite songs of her, and I usually hear it when I was furious:

But of course Metallica also another choice of songs for me to listen to lower my temper. "The Unforgiven", "Fade to Black", "Creeping Death" are my favourite songs of Metallica.

九泉底下十徘徊,奈何橋上恨正長
腸百折,愁千縷,萬般無奈把心傷 - 袁樂梅(「梅花三弄之」岳翎的角色)

我是中華民國的台灣人! I am Taiwanese of Republic of China(ROC)!!!

Last edited by Daiyu_Xiaoxiang on 03-09-13 at 04:16

Old Post 03-06-13 17:10 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny

Scypek2 said:
Chopin when furious? Interesting. When I listen to music while being furious, I usually choose music that is equally furious. That feels quite like being understood.

This is how I feel.

Anyway, depending on what I'm angry at, I may or may not be in the mood to listen to anything. I may want somebody to talk to, or if no one is available, I might buy a drink or a pack of smokes. If I listen to music, then "The Reflecting God" by Marilyn Manson is the ideal choice for me.

Old Post 03-06-13 17:40 #
Caffeine Freak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
eargosedown
Forum Regular

Pantera, every time.

Old Post 03-06-13 19:35 #
eargosedown is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

Silence.

Old Post 03-06-13 20:05 #
Bucket is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Deeforce
Forum Regular

Soulfly, Primitive... every song on this CD is worth listening to, because he speaks the truth, against felons! Also:

BOOM WATCHUGOT? WATCHUWATCHUGOT? WATCHUGOTt? BOOM

Yes!

Old Post 03-06-13 20:10 #
Deeforce is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

I listen to white power oi! when I need to vent.

Old Post 03-06-13 20:44 #
Maes is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Bucket said:
Silence.
Silence makes me angry.

Maes said:
I listen to white power oi! when I need to vent.
I love the 4Skins.

Old Post 03-06-13 20:48 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

Hey, I'm just like that.

I save Strapping Young Lad, Cannibal Corpse, Bloodbath and The Red Chord for those long, leisurely drives.

Old Post 03-07-13 00:27 #
Bucket is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

I find this is quite soothing. :P Seriously, it gets frustration out of your system pretty quick-smart.

Old Post 03-07-13 02:00 #
Obsidian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaikoten

I have many memories from around the age of 16. Popping this into my CD player in my car, cranking it up all the way, and driving recklessly on deserted backroads in the snow, gunning the gas, peeling out, then liberally pulling the e-brake to drift along the ice and burn rubber like an asshole. That was one of my favorite ways to deal with rage, the adrenaline it generated hit the spot.

It was even more fun with four unsuspecting passengers.

Old Post 03-07-13 02:12 #
Shaikoten is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

I tend to indulge in more death metal when I'm super pissed. Decapitated is a good go-to for that. It's very cathartic when I get pumped with the music and channel all that negative energy into something non-destructive.

Old Post 03-07-13 02:47 #
Nomad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

Orchestral music.

Old Post 03-07-13 03:26 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aliotroph?
postCount++

I used to listen to angrier music when I was mad. Usually I listen to lots of disco and old electronic stuff. When I'm in some kind of rage, which is quite rare, it gets faster and louder. That's about it.

Sometimes I go the other way, though. Maybe I need to get some more Chopin. :D

Old Post 03-07-13 04:09 #
Aliotroph? is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darknation
Forum Staple

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0ap...be_gdata_player

Old Post 03-07-13 09:41 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ed

Technician said:
I love the 4Skins.

Used to listen to these guys way back in the day. I don't think they have any white power tendencies, not from what I've heard anyway.

There's something inherently stupid/ironic about wp skinhead bands playing a rendition of black music that's vastly inferior from the source in which it was derived from. You would think that the champions of the master race would have white-power baroque overtures instead of a bunch of fat, sweaty guys banging out three power chord on out of tune guitars in a garage somewhere in middle America.

As far as music to rage to:

Old Post 03-07-13 11:37 #
Ed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote