Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
massacrebosco

What do you listen when you are extremely furious?

When I'm extremely furious? Fuck music, I'm screaming, slamming doors, and probably punching a hole in the wall. It's a lot more rare these days, but I used to occasionally just fucking explode, under prolonged extreme emotional conditions. "Extremely furious" implies that there's no time to sit around and listen to Chopin or Nine Inch Nails or whatever.

Nothing, I only listen to music as a means to enjoy myself, and I really can't enjoy it when pissed off. I had a long dark stage of my life where I was under a lot of emotional stress and felt like shit, because people can be cunts when they find something to pick on, and combined with the fact that you can't always choose your company or live with makes it worse. (One of them posted here under an account with the same IP as me). And listening to music didn't help me then, it helps me get through a lot of things but not anger, sadly. :p

I listen to music in my head: either (dark) ambient or (extreme) metal.

When I'm furious ( a rare event) all I'm likely to hear is my own a voice and the throbbing of a vein somewhere near my left ear.

I'm far more attached to film than I've ever been to music. There's really no song/album that I can associate with particular emotion I'm feeling. Mostly, I just have albums that I associate with seasons or weather as opposed to emotion.

When I'm extremely furious, I typically workout... so I guess whatever I'm listening to when I'm jogging/lifting weights.

Essel music helps, or a selection from video-game soundtracks with uplifting songs. I can't really say I've been "furious" more than a few times within the last ten years or so, and listening to music was the last thing on my mind at such times.

This song immediately comes to mind. That's some brutal heaviness right there. Granted, I don't listen to super heavy music all the time, but this is definitely my top "TIME TO FUCK SHIT UP" song.

I listen to the same set of artists that I would if I were ecstatic:

Primus (My current favourite)
Queens of the Stone Age
Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
Nirvana
Led Zeppelin
Hendrix
The Who
Lynryd Skynryd (Well, Free Bird at least)
Acid Bath
King Crimson
Kasabian
High on Fire
Focus
The Doors
Dying Fetus
Dax Riggs
Cannibal Corpse
Black Widow
Hawkwind
Motorhead
Nile
Pink Floyd
Red Fang
The Rolling Stones
Tool
Them Crooked Vultures
Witchcraft
Wolfmother

They all make me feel good... Also on a really bad day I give-in and listen to Gotye.