Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Radon

Partner Builders?

What's up guys,

I do require assistance with knowledge of partner-built GPU cards, I just finished a messy RMA dispute with AMD and Sapphire over the recalled 7870 Ghz edition and it had not ended well, basically receiving the shaft after so many years..

Anyways I am of course considering crossing over to nVidia's line of GPUs, currently looking at eVGA models i'm just wondering from nvidia users, what their recommendations would be and which partner builts to watch out for (Especially ones from China).

The GTX 670 looks solid but, what do I know?

My experience with AMD is:
* Their CPUS are shit
* Their graphics cards are shit
* Their graphics card drivers are shit

I always buy intel cpus and nvidia gfx cards, never had a problem with either :)

AMD products are only good if your on a budget. And are as good as they are worth

As for graphics cards, I've recently got a Galaxy GTX660 and its served me well so far.

RTC_Marine said:

My experience with AMD is:
* Their CPUS are shit
* Their graphics cards are shit
* Their graphics card drivers are shit

I always buy intel cpus and nvidia gfx cards, never had a problem with either :)

My experience is the exact opposite of yours.

Radeons served me well for the last 10 years. I don't think I'll be replacing my HD4850 anytime soon either.

Both of my Athlons worked fine too. If I had gotten a 1090T/1100T Phenom before they were pushed out by Bulldozers I wouldn't have a 3570K now.

So yeah, what Bucket said.

I agree with Bucket. I like my AMD GPUs. The last nVidia GPU I had died a horrible death and had its life prolonged via underclocking. 'Twas sad.

Yup, My HD5470 served me well for the last couple of years and I dont see any reason to replace it. never had trouble with it.

I've had many Nvidia and ATi/AMD setups over the years. Currently running crossfire 6950s since March 2011. Not a single problem other than new games taking a month or less for AMD to get a crossfire profile out, but that's not an issue for me.

Do some research at your price point, compare products for their individual merit and put aside brand favoritism and other such bullshittery.