Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Duke Nukem Forever 3D - Now Available!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:02. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Technician
Still no custom title

I could have posted this in another Duke thread, but it needs it's own.

http://msdn.duke4.net/index.php

It should be out soon.

Last edited by Technician on 05-01-13 at 18:14

Old Post 04-07-13 19:12 #
Technician is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomhuntress
Forum Regular

if this is an Aprils Fools joke i'm gonna be legit saddened.

Old Post 04-07-13 20:21 #
Doomhuntress is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

Give me now, PLEASE! This looks absolutely AMAZING!

Old Post 04-07-13 20:25 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Doomhuntress said:
if this is an Aprils Fools joke i'm gonna be legit saddened.
If it's a joke, the creators are still rolling with it six days later. I saw this day one and thought the same, but there is still talk about a release with new screenshots being added.

It would be very appropriate, though, if they did just release tidbits of new content and never release the mod, much like Forever.

Old Post 04-07-13 20:26 #
Technician is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
InsanityBringer

it apparently is a joke, though from the sounds of things it's something that's going to actually get released.

Only time will tell, though.

Old Post 04-07-13 21:16 #
InsanityBringer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

InsanityBringer said:
it apparently is a joke, though from the sounds of things it's something that's going to actually get released.

Only time will tell, though.

Judging by the rest of the thread, the answer saying it was a joke was sarcasm (along the lines of "yeah right, because spending six months making a joke would be worth it") and there is a mod. The fact that the thread deteriorates into a models versus sprites and a modder's right to have their mod played the way they want versus a player wanting to play it a different way backs up the realness of the mod.

Funny, I'm sure I've seen arguments like that somewhere else though...

Old Post 04-07-13 22:01 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomhuntress
Forum Regular

it feels like far too much work for being a simple joke, really, and it's about a touchy subject, as well (the 'good' version of Duke Nukem Forever that never went to be anything than a promising trailer). of course, they could just release the mod and people will find out it's a joke, but with all of those custom-made sprites and stuff... who in their right mind would waste all that time and effort just for the sake of giving the middle finger to Duke Nukem fans?

Old Post 04-08-13 00:31 #
Doomhuntress is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Doomhuntress said:
who in their right mind would waste all that time and effort just for the sake of giving the middle finger to Duke Nukem fans?
George Broussard?

Old Post 04-08-13 01:52 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
HWGuy

Can't be any worse than Duty Calls.

Old Post 04-08-13 01:56 #
HWGuy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

GreyGhost said:
George Broussad?

FTFY, heh.

Old Post 04-08-13 16:45 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

I think most of that trailer is from the 2006 or 2003 trailer. Gearbox.... releasing games 6+ years too late.

Old Post 04-08-13 17:16 #
geo is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

geo said:
I think most of that trailer is from the 2006 or 2003 trailer. Gearbox.... releasing games 6+ years too late.
The trailer is a shot for shot remake of the 2001 trailer.

Old Post 04-08-13 19:54 #
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

Technician said:
The trailer is a shot for shot remake of the 2001 trailer.

That's the game I always wanted, so this is pretty rad if it's for real. Chances are I won't be able to play it, though, with the non-Atomic Edition disk I found in my cousin's hand-me-downs.

Old Post 04-09-13 04:35 #
Creaphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
caco_killer

Just buy it from GOG. Its only $6.

Old Post 04-09-13 05:02 #
caco_killer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay

caco_killer said:
Just buy it from GOG. Its only $6.

It was even free a little while ago for a limited period.

Old Post 04-09-13 11:12 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
A.Gamma

And it's released!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-nuke...2013-10-version

Been playing it for a few hours, could use improvements on some areas, but the levels are generally fun to play(though linear).

Old Post 05-01-13 08:13 #
A.Gamma is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
grouchbag

A.Gamma said:
And it's released!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-nuke...2013-10-version

Been playing it for a few hours, could use improvements on some areas, but the levels are generally fun to play(though linear).

Pretty good,wasn't it?

Old Post 05-01-13 10:39 #
grouchbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

A.Gamma said:
Isn't that all we really wanted from Duke Nukem Forever?

Old Post 05-01-13 12:41 #
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

BUT...

DOES THIS MOD HAVE LESBIAN TWINS AND LAP DANCES AND POOP THROWING MECHANICS AND POOP PHYSICS??

DOES IT? DOES IT??

Old Post 05-01-13 13:54 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

I'm genuinely impressed with this.

Old Post 05-01-13 18:15 #
188DarkRevived
Banned

Porting an unwelcomed reboot which was mislabelled as a sequel into the engine of a perfectly welcomed predecessor?!?
Two wrongs don't make a right. That's all I have to say.
I just want to see the Rise Of The Triad remake. Now that would truly be a welcomed something.

Old Post 05-02-13 02:54 #
188DarkRevived is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

188DarkRevived said:
Porting an unwelcomed reboot which was mislabelled as a sequel into the engine of a perfectly welcomed predecessor?!?
Two wrongs don't make a right. That's all I have to say.
I just want to see the Rise Of The Triad remake. Now that would truly be a welcomed something.

What? Duke Nukem Forever wasn't a reboot, it takes place years after the events of Duke 3D.

Also, play the damn mod.

Old Post 05-02-13 03:06 #
LkMax

This mod is to Duke Nukem what Brutal Doom is to doom: Overrated.

Well, thinking better I'm being unfair, Brutal Doom at least deserves the recognition despite not being my cup of tea.

Old Post 05-02-13 16:17 #
LkMax is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
bcwood16

Cool I guess.....but personally never liked Duke.....admittedly never played much of the game.

I just find it rather....dull :(

Old Post 05-02-13 16:22 #
bcwood16 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay

Played it for about half an hour. Good fun so far.

Old Post 05-02-13 20:36 #
Lizardcommando
I'm a good person because I like dogs

I just finished playing through this. I enjoyed it, even more so than Duke Nukem 3D, oddly enough. I still haven't completed DN3D yet.

Old Post 05-03-13 01:04 #
Lizardcommando is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
buttspit

LkMax said:
This mod is to Duke Nukem what Brutal Doom is to doom: Overrated.

Well, thinking better I'm being unfair, Brutal Doom at least deserves the recognition despite not being my cup of tea.

It's hilarious, we got exact opposites between here and the duke4 forums.

Old Post 05-04-13 15:33 #
buttspit is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote