Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lazygecko

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Far Cry 3 and Michael Bien in the future? Sold.

darknation said:

oh yeah because the last game he starred in was just fucking fantastic

Tiberian Sun? Equally trashy sci-fi goodness.

mrthejoshmon said:

Is this going to be a different game altogether or some expensive DLC crap? Or better yet, is it even real?

Apparently standalone and apparently real.

Belial said:

Apparently standalone and apparently real.

if it really is real, it better not be like buying a £40 DLC only that its separate, it has happened before and it will eventually happen again.

He he, well they get bonus points from me for the shitty retro website (even if it is more 1990s than 2000s).

I love it. I just finished playing through Time Splitters: Future Perfect the other day, which has made me miss humor in the shooter genre.

...except now that I think about it, I really just want another Time Splitters game. :( What happened to Free Radical anyway?

They were absorbed by Crytek. Crytek then hinted at finishing Timesplitters 4 which was in development, canceled it, hinted again if they got enough petition votes (ugh) they would reconsider, stated they would never do it, then stated they would, but only as a free-to-play game (eww). Latest I heard they said it's not happening, ever. Not enough interest from the public, apparently. Lets be honest, if Crytek attempted a Timesplitters 4 now, it likely wouldn't be a 'true' 'Splitters game anyway. :/

As for Blood Dragon, looks great! Loving the retro theme.

AgentSpork said:

I love it. I just finished playing through Time Splitters: Future Perfect the other day, which has made me miss humor in the shooter genre.

...except now that I think about it, I really just want another Time Splitters game. :( What happened to Free Radical anyway?

Same, I think they went bankrupt, but that's a guess.

AgentSpork said:

What happened to Free Radical anyway?

LucasArts pretty much killed them by canceling Battlefront 3. (Justice has been served, I suppose.)

And to be fair, they didn't do themselves any favors with Haze.

darknation said:

oh yeah because the last game he starred in was just fucking fantastic

You missed the part where I said Far Cry 3. Its more Far Cry 3 less Michael Bien.

Speaking of Far Cry 3, I was about to buy it from the store yesterday until I found out from the store worker that it has an always on drm, I thought ubisoft was well behind that now after the complaints they always got about it with their previous games but I guess they aren't. My mobile broadband sure as hell wouldn't be able to handle that.

That store worker was full of shit. It has a one time activation and runs under Uplay , but you can immediately switch it to off line and it runs just fine if you're only interested in singleplayer.

I love this future-vintage 80s stuff, when it's done properly. Like Hotline Miami. FC3 was a lot of fun, and a definite improvement over its boring predecessor.

The XBLM listing said:

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is THE Kick-Ass Cyber Shooter taking place on a bizarre open-world island crawling with evil. Welcome to an 80's VHS vision of the future. The year is 2007 and you are Sargent Rex Colt, a Mark IV Cyber Commando who's fighting against a cyborg army gone rogue. Your mission: get the girl, kill the baddies, and save the world. Experience every cliché of a VHS era vision of a nuclear future, where cyborgs, blood dragons, mutants, and Michael Biehn (Terminator, Aliens, Navy Seals) collide. Playing Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon doesn't require a copy of Far Cry 3.

There you go. Standalone game. Listing says May 1 as of right now.

Also, I just listened to the Power Glove track OP posted... that shit's pretty dope. Style seems like it'd be very fitting in this type of game for sure.

Another question: Why does the assault rifle or whatever have to consume almost 1/4 of the screen? Is that all part of the fun?

DoomUK said:

Another question: Why does the assault rifle or whatever have to consume almost 1/4 of the screen? Is that all part of the fun?

The same reason it's low resolution, low FOV and 30fps on XBox.