DoomUK

What decade did you grow up in?

What decade did you grow up in?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What decade did you grow up in?

• I grew up in the same decade I was born in
    • I grew up during the subsequent decade
    • Impse

Definitely 90's. Born in the first half of 1990 in La Jolla California I remember as far back as 1992 when Contra III and Axelay were brand new and were a couple of my first favorite video games. My brother would get home from high school and play these games and I would always watch him play and I always found these colorful games to be interesting. Although I don't remember it my family claims I hooked a Super Nintendo up all by myself at around the age of 2-3. I also have memories of living in Massachusetts for most of the early 90's until moving to Oceanside, CA sometime in 1994 (I even remember the plane trip we took back to California). Of all the places I've lived in I feel northern San Diego county feels the most like home to me.

I played Shareware Doom for the first time I think in 1997; with Doom II following as a birthday gift in 1998. I greatly enjoyed shareware Doom but I thought the new monsters and bigger levels of Doom II were utterly amazing.

Born in 1986. My earliest memories are from about age 3, so definitely grew up in the 90s. I always chuckled at those Myspace and Facebook macros going around about "You're a 90's kid if you remember..." then listed a bunch of shit from the late 90s and early 00's. There was always stuff I could have added to the list.

Enjay said:

I've heard people saying things like they were born in the wrong decade

I keep thinking I belonged in the 40's and 50's. I really like the era, you know, sans the wars, poverty, racism, religious and nationalistic propaganda... Basically I just like the clothes and the retro-futuristic design of everything.