Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Rise of the Triad 2013 remake - exclusive gameplay teaser
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:15. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Captain Red
Pants

"Eh eh eh eh eh ooh"

So this reboot got me to have an honest go at finishing the original RotT finally, and uhhh... was it always this difficult? I am playing on the second hardest skill setting and am dying a lot more then I remember, mostly due to those helmeted guys randomly firing rockets at me. Was that always in the game? Or was that a "feature" added by WinRotT?

Either way, it's dumb and I want to get rid of it.

Last edited by Captain Red on 04-21-13 at 06:23

Old Post 04-21-13 06:17 #
Captain Red is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
CorSair

If I remember correctly, some of them (lightning guards?) carry bazookas aside from pistols. Applies only on two hardest difficulties. So, I guess you took one difficulty notch too hard. :3

kristus said:
It's the multiplayer that is the "meat and potatoes".

Quite accurate. Reason why modern FPS sucks in single player and shines in multiplayer.

But methinks that multiplayer footage is probably implemented due to today's gaming standards. And maybe it catches more audience this way.

Old Post 04-21-13 07:40 #
CorSair is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Indecisive

I hate how Nintendo has to jump on the multiplayer wagon just to fit in with the modern console crowd, they're beginning to shorten their games in the process just to fit it.

Old Post 04-21-13 07:54 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Csonicgo said:
Single player is why ROTT made it in the first place.
Rott was extremely boring in SP. It was on the other hand very fun in MP and had a lot of different modes of play as well as actually dedicated servers and 16 players support.

Old Post 04-21-13 09:42 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
StevieCybernetik

Technician said:
Install XP on it.

So? Just wipe the drive and install windows7. I recommend doing that with all new computers because 8 is an utterly worthless OS.

Old Post 04-22-13 21:55 #
StevieCybernetik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

StevieCybernetik said:
So? Just wipe the drive and install windows7. I recommend doing that with all new computers because 8 is an utterly worthless OS.
XP is akin to the great white: Perfect.

Old Post 04-23-13 00:16 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
188DarkRevived
Loser

If this remake is really going to allow me to play as an Oscuro monk with a Flamewall, and if the Excalibat weapon is really going to have an illuminati-type eyeball on it, then I'll definitely buy the game!
Besides... I recently discovered that the old WinROTT sourceport doesn't run on Windows8. So... yeah, I'll need to get this game to feed my nostalgia. :)
When's the release date? I hope it will be just in time for my 29th birthday!

Old Post 04-23-13 01:08 #
188DarkRevived is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

Captain Red said:
"Eh eh eh eh eh ooh"

So this reboot got me to have an honest go at finishing the original RotT finally, and uhhh... was it always this difficult? I am playing on the second hardest skill setting and am dying a lot more then I remember, mostly due to those helmeted guys randomly firing rockets at me. Was that always in the game? Or was that a "feature" added by WinRotT?

Either way, it's dumb and I want to get rid of it.

The Lightning Guard have a chance to either steal a missile weapon from you or pick them up on the ground.

Old Post 04-23-13 21:50 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

StevieCybernetik said:
I recommend doing that with all new computers because 8 is an utterly worthless OS.
Hyperbole much?

Old Post 04-23-13 22:23 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
188DarkRevived
Loser

rf` said:

The Lightning Guard have a chance to either steal a missile weapon from you or pick them up on the ground.

Perhaps we'll finally see the female version of the Low Guard, now that there's like 2GB of RAM available for use instead of only 8MB.
That would also make the game worth getting.

Old Post 04-24-13 01:03 #
188DarkRevived is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LkMax

I'm looking forward to this game, we may see the closest to a true Wolfenstein/Doom/Duke3D like shooter released in the last few years but with updated graphics/mechanics while still remembering it's roots. I'm more curious about the single player but the mp looks good, very quake-like also.

Old Post 04-28-13 04:09 #
LkMax is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anarkavre
Mini-Member

http://store.steampowered.com/app/217140/

Old Post 05-29-13 21:17 #
Anarkavre is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
A.Gamma

Finally some single player gameplay!
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/...l-1-walkthrough

Old Post 06-11-13 01:47 #
A.Gamma is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk
Forum Staple

A.Gamma said:

Hype hype hype! Looks like a lot of fun.

Old Post 06-11-13 02:06 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dragonsbrethren
Forum Staple

That guy sounds like me commentating the gameplay. Not very exciting; I only see that trailer appealing to people who already know the game, which is kind of disappointing.

Old Post 06-11-13 02:36 #
Dragonsbrethren is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

The gore is great! I'm glad they consulted Mark despite the collective sigh of many.

Old Post 06-11-13 02:45 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
188DarkRevived
Loser

If the weapons will function just as surrealistically as they did back in the good ol' days, I'm buying this 100%.
Bring forth the "bark blast", please! Could never get enough of that.

Old Post 06-11-13 02:49 #
Technician
Still no custom title

188DarkRevived said:
If the weapons will function just as surrealistically as they did back in the good ol' days, I'm buying this 100%.
Bring forth the "bark blast", please! Could never get enough of that.

It's so rare to have a satisfactory rocket launcher in today's rag-doll age. I've been out of the loop, but seeing a man explode into gibs is satisfying.

Old Post 06-11-13 02:53 #
Katamori
Forum Staple

A bit off, in spoiler block

spoiler - highlight to read:

188DarkRevived, I I've never seen you here, but you have the best custom title on the whole DW Forums, I swear. :D

Old Post 06-11-13 13:45 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Canofbacon

A.Gamma said:

Looks fun!

Old Post 06-11-13 15:44 #
Canofbacon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
188DarkRevived
Loser

A bit off-topic as well but... The character Taradino Cassatt reminds me so much of one of my classmates from middleschool, while the character Thi Barrett reminds me so much of one of my ex-crushes from ages ago.
As a result, they're the only 2 characters which I ever tended to play as inside the game.
And it's like, there wasn't much significant difference between which character you chose in ROTT, since they all still had access to the exact same weapons. In fact, as far as I'm aware the only differences were in the amount of health-points, in the speed of running, and in the speed with which they fall down on the ground.
Perhaps the remake might allow different characters to have access to different arsenals just like we saw in Hexen? *shrugs*

Anyways..

spoiler - highlight to read:

Thank you so much, Katamori! I'm glad you like it. It took me so many years to earn something like that, so I guess it was definitely worth the wait. :)

Old Post 06-12-13 03:06 #
CorSair

That player speed feels bit too fast for my liking. Or I am getting old. :P

Anyways, it's been years I felt hyped for a game and I should buy new PC/laptop to run that game.

Old Post 06-12-13 06:50 #
CorSair is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

CorSair said:
That player speed feels bit too fast for my liking.

The player speed IS to fast. Notice how the person playing in this video almost always pauses all movement to take a shot. The areas are far too small to have that fast movement speed as you can't get a good radius on the enemies when strafing - so you stop. It might work for competitive multi player as it's a skill factor, but it's the wrong kind of challenge for single player in my opinion.

That said, the development team is located some 20-30km from here and congrats to them :D

Old Post 06-12-13 07:18 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MFG38

Oh yes. I'm absolutely pumped for this.

}

Old Post 06-12-13 12:59 #
MFG38 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Shaviro said:
The player speed IS to fast.
Has there ever been an FPS that had some kind of toggle slider for player speed? Much in the same vein as a mouse sensitivity toggle?

Old Post 06-13-13 22:48 #
188DarkRevived
Loser

Technician said:
Has there ever been an FPS that had some kind of toggle slider for player speed? Much in the same vein as a mouse sensitivity toggle?

If my photographic memory is not failing me, there was such an option in Blake Stone: Alien of Gold and in the original Rise Of The Triad. I barely touched it, relying on default settings, but I'm pretty sure that I saw it in the menu interface somewhere.

Old Post 06-15-13 00:11 #
schwerpunk
Forum Staple

The original Splinter Cell had it as well. Very satisfying.

Old Post 06-15-13 04:01 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darknation
Forum Staple

Shaviro said:

The player speed IS to fast. Notice how the person playing in this video almost always pauses all movement to take a shot. The areas are far too small to have that fast movement speed as you can't get a good radius on the enemies when strafing - so you stop. It might work for competitive multi player as it's a skill factor, but it's the wrong kind of challenge for single player in my opinion.

That said, the development team is located some 20-30km from here and congrats to them :D

didn't the original ROTT have different player character choices? Player speed was one of the stats that varies between characters.

Hope they kept that mechanic in.

Old Post 06-15-13 19:39 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zap610
JETSONZ KREW 4LYF

Holy shit that looks awesome. I didn't think much of the first trailer but it flows nice and smooth. Nice to see an original, good looking and fun arcade-style fps that pays tribute to games from the 90s in this era.

Old Post 06-19-13 02:38 #
zap610 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LkMax

darknation said:
didn't the original ROTT have different player character choices? Player speed was one of the stats that varies between characters.

Hope they kept that mechanic in.

They did.
I'm tired right now to look for a source (which I usually try to do) but they did it both for single and multiplayer.

Old Post 06-19-13 04:06 #
LkMax is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote