Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Please help me identifying this music from Castlevania

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:25. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
scifista42

I didn't succeed to find the "Identify this midi thread" that I've seen at Doomworld months ago, so I created a new thread.

If you don't mind downloading a big file, take a look at this song:
http://speedy.sh/5zzT8/unknwnms.zip
( 5.5 MB, .mp3 )

It was used in Destruction Carnival game from 1997 (I recorded it while playing the game). But as far as I know, all the game's music is ripped. The credits screen of Destruction Carnival says that the game uses music from these resources:

Axelay, Castlevania Series, F-Zero, Ghost in the Shell, Gradius 3, Killer Instinct, Mega Man 2, Ninja Gaiden Series, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Space Harrier, Super Metroid

Even having all these info, I wasn't able to find the music. So my questions:
1. Where is this music from?
2. Where do I find a download to it in a midi form?
3. If I'll get answers on the previous two questions, is there going to be a problem with copyright if I wanted to put the track in a map?

EDIT: So thanks to Memfis now I know it originates from Castlevania. Anyway the track I'm looking for is a different one from that Memfis posted. Anyone recognizes it?

Last edited by scifista42 on 05-02-13 at 00:53

Old Post 05-01-13 18:47 #
scifista42 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

scifista42 said:
I didn't succeed to find the "Identify this midi thread" that I've seen at Doomworld months ago

This one?

Old Post 05-01-13 18:59 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scifista42

Yes, although I was convinced it wasn't specifically about "Doom songs" (by the thread title). So I'd probably not posted in there either way.

Old Post 05-01-13 19:10 #
scifista42 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sX3fjpkFwk
2 vgmusic.com

Old Post 05-01-13 19:37 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scifista42

Memfis said:
1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sX3fjpkFwk
2 vgmusic.com

Thanks a lot, but that is actually a different version of the track, which is in Destruction Carnival too, in other level. The one I recorded starts differently (the .mp3 I enclosed starts exactly where the song starts) and parts of the melody are different too. Anyway, at least now I know which game to examine, and if I don't find the version I want, I'll use this one. So huge thanks, Memfis :)

Anyone knows about that other version?

Old Post 05-01-13 20:36 #
scifista42

Just to mention it here (if anyone else will ever look for it), I found the music, and yes Memfis, it was Simon's Theme, but not the one you posted in the video. I finally found the right remix here (in the Super Castlevania IV section, the third "Theme of Simon"). Thanks anyway.

Old Post 05-21-13 21:01 #
Vile
The man made of sticks

I suppose that would sound more like this:

Old Post 05-22-13 03:24 #
Vile is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote