Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Aliens: Colonial Marines Draws False Advertising Lawsuit
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:45. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tuxlar

Technician said:
This will fall through. I'm sure someone has tried this already with a bad film.
What film?

Old Post 05-03-13 21:12 #
Tuxlar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Springy

Tuxlar said:
What film?

He's not saying it's definitely been done he's saying that chances are it's possibly been done in the film industry. Probably with the Postal film no doubt.

Old Post 05-03-13 21:21 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
scalliano
This door is opened elsewhere...

geo said:
I wouldn't know since I only rented the game and beat it for $6. I'm so happy with that :-)

Well, I bought ACM - the Collector's edition with the powerloader figurine and all of the extras. Had I actually paid more than 20 for it I might have been annoyed :P

I guess patience really is a virtue, heh.

Last edited by scalliano on 05-07-13 at 18:35

Old Post 05-07-13 18:23 #
scalliano is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

Springy said:
He's not saying it's definitely been done he's saying that chances are it's possibly been done in the film industry. Probably with the Postal film no doubt.

I'm pretty sure the Postal movie was accurately advertised, and ended up pretty similar to the games: pointlessly vulgar and offensive with a rough low-budget feel. And yes, I do own it on Blu-Ray. It came with the PC version of Postal 2.

Old Post 05-07-13 20:26 #
Bucket is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
geekmarine

Um, we were promised that the demos featured actual gameplay footage. They clearly did not. I thought it had been pretty much established that showing pre-rendered footage and calling it gameplay was illegal.

Old Post 05-07-13 22:06 #
geekmarine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

It's entirely possible that the demo was in-game footage, and post-processing and cutscenes were later removed to keep the game running smoothly.

Old Post 05-07-13 22:08 #
Bucket is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

They are still using said footage to sell the game. That's false advertising.

Old Post 05-08-13 05:29 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

Bucket said:
post-processing and cutscenes were later removed to keep the game running smoothly.
Why would they have to remove that stuff completely when they can just make them activatable/deactivatable in the settings?

Old Post 05-08-13 05:52 #
Avoozl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

I could dream up a bunch of reasons.
Maybe licensing fell through for the engine they were using and they had to go with a cheaper option. Maybe it had less-than-satisfactory performance in the QA phase. Maybe it was sterilized for multiplatform support.

Old Post 05-08-13 07:10 #