Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Wolfenstein: The New Order annouced
Pages (17): « First ... « 14 15 16 [17]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:45. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

I personally can't stand the disney animations. It scrambles any kind of tone or emotion you're trying to convey and all you're left with is a generic looking cartoon. Overall, it doesn't hurt RAGE that much because it doesn't *have* a tone, is devoid of emotion and has almost no atmosphere. There isn't much to ruin. For a more competent game though, I much prefer the subtlety of TNO's character animation than the "I AM AAAAAAAACTIIIIIIIIING" seen in RAGE and countless other places. You can call it stylized and I guess it is, but these days it's more the lazy school of generic cartoon animation than a bold choice or statement.

Old Post 05-30-14 12:26 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jodwin
Forum Staple

DooM_RO said:
Despite this, is it just me or are the villains in this game a bit underdeveloped? You never really get to see them. I kept getting the feeling that the game was originally supposed to be more than what we got.

This is one of the main reasons why I felt like we might get a sequel: Frau Engel actually had a more central role throughout the game than Deathshead and she actually survived. Plus, she would have her own motives for destroying the resistance after BJ killed Bubi.

Old Post 05-30-14 13:14 #
Jodwin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

Frau Engel was awesome ,very Wolfenstein-esque. I easily could have seen her and Deathshead as Wolf3D bosses. BTW, you don't have to kill Bubi, you can just leave him there.

Oh, and this was probably the inspiration for the Supersoldat
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...eath_Knight.png

Old Post 05-30-14 13:31 #
DooM_RO is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Touchdown

Shaviro said:
I personally can't stand the disney animations. It scrambles any kind of tone or emotion you're trying to convey and all you're left with is a generic looking cartoon. Overall, it doesn't hurt RAGE that much because it doesn't *have* a tone, is devoid of emotion and has almost no atmosphere. There isn't much to ruin. For a more competent game though, I much prefer the subtlety of TNO's character animation than the "I AM AAAAAAAACTIIIIIIIIING" seen in RAGE and countless other places. You can call it stylized and I guess it is, but these days it's more the lazy school of generic cartoon animation than a bold choice or statement.

If you're talking purely about body animations, I agree, it's better in TNO. Facial animations though are a huge issue for me in games. RAGE isn't any better but in my opinion it gets away with it because it's more 'cartoony' with body animations. More consistent. I'm not trying to defend it, just saying what I think. However TNO has better looking characters, better body animations... but facial animations are still very poor, which creates this uncanny valley effect for me. I look at the faces and they try to be realistic but they're not natural enough. Certain sequences are literally creepy to me. I'm more offended by the horrible facial animations in so many games than 'cartoony' body animations.

Old Post 05-30-14 17:28 #
Touchdown is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Patrol1985

Shaviro said:
Overall, it doesn't hurt RAGE that much because it doesn't *have* a tone, is devoid of emotion and has almost no atmosphere. There isn't much to ruin.

All a matter of taste it seems. I can't remember any game which immersed me as much in its world as RAGE did. I was genuinely impressed by how its world managed to make you feel as if you were "there" without interferring with the shooter mechanics too much.

Old Post 05-30-14 17:48 #
Patrol1985 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

Touchdown said:
Body animations/Facial animations

I actually never thought about the two as distinct areas, but with this distinction I can definitely see where you're coming from. I still prefer the stiff facial animation and subtle body movement though. But "game characters" as a whole is an area that needs a lot of improvements. With the exception of a few titles, the rendering of skin etc. seems to have been stuck in plasticville for several years.

Patrol1985 said:
All a matter of taste it seems. I can't remember any game which immersed me as much in its world as RAGE did. I was genuinely impressed by how its world managed to make you feel as if you were "there" without interferring with the shooter mechanics too much.

Yeah of course. To each his own :)
Having a card from ATI at the time and having to restart the game every half hour or so didn't help the experience any either.

Old Post 05-30-14 18:14 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
imp1979

I rented this game for my ps3. It's to hard. I can't stand the fact that the enemy always seems to know exactly where you are once they're alerted. And they don't miss when they shoot. And they don't seem to stop shooting! The game is almost unfair. And I'm playing on bring me on difficulty. I've died a million times in this game.

Old Post 06-07-14 12:06 #
imp1979 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

Let me guess. Those autoshotgun nazis and the supersoldiers are tearing you a new one?

Old Post 06-07-14 12:08 #
DooM_RO is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
imp1979

Screw this! I had to lower the difficulty to don't hurt me. It was just no fun. This is much better. This games normal mode is other games hard mode.

Old Post 06-07-14 13:24 #
imp1979 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jodwin
Forum Staple

imp1979 said:
ps3

There's your problem.

Old Post 06-07-14 16:37 #
Jodwin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
imp1979

Don't have a PC and don't have the money for an Xbox one or ps4. And the game does look like shit for the most part on the ps3. I hear it's much better on the new systems. Maybe one day, I'll see for myself.

Old Post 06-07-14 16:57 #
Rebdamon
Warming Up

It looks like a great game!

Old Post 06-08-14 03:46 #
Rebdamon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

It's a great game but not fantastic. It could have been fantastic but I feel something happened during development. Not sure what.

Old Post 06-08-14 08:55 #
doomgargoyle
stupid and pointless

I have a core i3 and a mid-range video card. gt440. Can it run the game at medium settings at least?

Old Post 06-08-14 09:00 #
doomgargoyle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote